Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

2 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

Anyone know where the PSDM is? It’s not available on mypers anymore.

If I remember correctly they did that last year when they tweaked the FY17 AvB program (to include categories for contract expired folks) and then re-released it with an extended sign-up date.

I wonder if the first month take rate was so abysmally low that they are trying to make it more appealing.  There's some really stupid stuff in the AvB program, like limiting contract expired folks eligibility for a 2nd bonus to only those folks whose contract expires in FY18.

It's a pilot retention crisis!  If someone had a contract expire last year, didn't take the 2nd bonus, but changed their mind this year and was willing to extend to 22-24 YAS, why the hell would you not take them?!?!?

Edited by Hunter Rose

2 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

Anyone know where the PSDM is? It’s not available on mypers anymore.

I heard they’re not offering it anymore, because it’s not about the money.

Flight pay is also being canceled, along with BAH in all locations where base housing is an option. There is also talk about capping pay at the Captain level. Since money is not important and you should only stay in to serve. (Forget about age 43 to 100... you won’t need money for that)

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

For those that haven’t seen the chatter on the CSO FB page, a new version of the PSDM is coming out tomorrow, expanding eligibility to all uncommitted CSO’s with pre-FY18 commitments; ie all of us old guys, finally! 12M’s included. 20k or 25k per year, up to 9 years, 50% up front. There’s some expanded pilot stuff too, but who cares about that.

Scenario question: say a late rated guy has the option of 9 years, which would take him to 25 years TFCSD (or whatever it’s called), which is under the 24 YAS limit for the bonus, but then gets twice passed over, limiting him to 24 years due to HYT...do they have to pay back the year of bonus, or do they get it anyway because they committed to it but the AF said nah, never mind? Also assume in the mid scenario that this guy already had something else that was gong to commit him to 24 years anyway, so the 8 year option is a no-brainer.

7 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

What an E-9 makes for the month. So...as an O-4...about tree fiddy.

Thanks for clarifying that, I forgot it’s a month. 

7 hours ago, Sprkt69 said:

Is it E-9 or E-10? 

Yeah just the E-9, don’t want them to feel bigger than they already think they are. 

15 hours ago, cragspider said:

No. Part of it might be. But it’s only tax free up to what an E-9 makes. Anything over that is taxed. 

Specifically it's the base pay of the CMSAF ($8361) plus HFP/IDP ($225).  So you get up to $8,586 of each month tax free.

Specifically it's the base pay of the CMSAF ($8361) plus HFP/IDP ($225).  So you get up to $8,586 of each month tax free.

One of the downsides to getting it all at once. If the 30 (or 35 for pointy nose/drones) was spread across 12 months, you could see some nice tax savings when you go down range.

Anyone successfully got an ETP approved to be able to take the bonus...specifically, allowing you to go over the YAS limits as published?   Or, alternative phrasing, since I assume the Take Rates will be lower than they anticipate/are funded for/need, will they be open to giving out ETPs to allow going over the published YAS limits?  I can see why they have to put some limit on the YAS but if they are going to get the warm body that they need, why not grant an ETP?  

Any other old crusties in this boat and willing to give it a go?   Yeah, yeah, I know they'll send me to the Died or worse for a year as soon as my ink dries on the ppwrk.  But, I'm going with a long term play.  

Yup. But there’s no such policy for enlisted. They get it all.

15 minutes ago, Nineline said:

I’m not near a computer than can access MyPers right now. With the expanded bonus released today, what is the skinny on tier 9 eligible dudes?

-9-

Excess time on my hands...so cut and paste from the PSDM...

Tier 9 bubbas...

- AvB agreement of 3-years minimum which extends member to 22 YAS, 23 YAS, or 24 YAS; annual payments of $35,000 for Tier 1 community; $30,000 for Tier 3 community; or $28,000 for Tier 4 community

- Aviators with greater than 21 YAS and less than or equal to 23 YAS at the time of contract signing may sign a new AvB contract that extends the aviator to 24 YAS. Aviators with greater than 23 YAS are not eligible for a new AvB contract in FY18

- In no case can contracts extend past 24 years YAS

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Excess time on my hands...so cut and paste from the PSDM...
Tier 9 bubbas...
- AvB agreement of 3-years minimum which extends member to 22 YAS, 23 YAS, or 24 YAS; annual payments of $35,000 for Tier 1 community; $30,000 for Tier 3 community; or $28,000 for Tier 4 community
- Aviators with greater than 21 YAS and less than or equal to 23 YAS at the time of contract signing may sign a new AvB contract that extends the aviator to 24 YAS. Aviators with greater than 23 YAS are not eligible for a new AvB contract in FY18
- In no case can contracts extend past 24 years YAS
Cheers! 

Copy, so it looks like the only change from the original is that dudes whose contract expired before FY18 are now able to re-up as well.

-9-