Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

12 hours ago, Guardian said:

Anyone see the 2017 Guard bonus? Can’t find it.

It hasn't been posted since FY2016 on myPers or whatever the site that AD and the reserves updated (and ANG should've). I got it via email from another forum user. No FY2018 has been posted yet.

Is anyone actually getting $800 in flight pay this month?  Just checked my LES and I'm still at $700, and so is one of my buddies in the same year group.  It was supposed to go up right?
AF was authorized to give the dfas amounts, but chose not to.

3 minutes ago, ihtfp06 said:

Could our leadership be any shittier?

$100/mo taxable raise isn't going to change anyone's calculus.  They know this.  They've already made it abundantly clear that their plan is recruiting, not retention.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nunya said:

$100/mo taxable raise isn't going to change anyone's calculus.  They know this.  They've already made it abundantly clear that their plan is recruiting, not retention.

What’s that word that management always uses as an excuse to decrease morale?  Like when my squadron was told not to go TDY to fun places because it looks bad for us to have a good time on the road?

Oh yeah.  Optics.

It goes both ways AF.  I’m the midst of a pilot retention crisis, not paying everything that Congress authorizes you too?

Bad optics.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, nunya said:

Optics only matter if you care about second and third order effects.  

If we can get the messaging right, then we will drive the optics to capitalize on the second and third order effects...

That's what I think is being missed.  They don't care about optics or messaging.  They care about manning metrics.  They've given up trying to keep you in. Those that want to do 20 and school and CC and NAF and 365s and XYZ will - raise or no raise.  Those that don't, won't.  They decided they can't buy retention so they're not trying very hard.  

If Maj Twelve Years is pissed and bails over $100, they don't care.  They had already written him off anyway.  They'll replace him with Lt Lost Way.  Whether it's a suitable replacement in the real world is also not their concern.  The sooner we realize how they view their Majs, the less offended you'll be at the slights.  

No well run business would think they can replace their middle managers with hourly unskilled labor, but Uncle Sugar is no well run business.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Any updates on what the status is of the FY18 pilot bonus?  Seems crazy to have a bunch of pissed off “free agents”.  

I doubt it, you give them to much credit.  I would expect to see it by Jun but at this rate who knows anymore. 

This is all f#cked up. I am getting random backpaid LES's in the ANG for $5.33 per pay period (AFTP/RUTA). I went from $650 to $1,000 by jumping from 6+ to 10+ 1 Oct 2017. The funny part is I got $28 incentive pay ($840/30) on an AFTP that paid out a few weeks ago. $840 was the old 14 year incentive pay. I wouldn't hit the 14-year Aviation service pay until next fall and besides that, that $840 incentive pay doesn't even exist anymore. Until the new policy I was in the 6-year club getting $650 or $21.67 per pay period. If they're back pay me $5.33 per pay . Based on this change I should be getting $11.63 back pay for each AFTP/RUTA. Looks like I'm going to have to talk to my HARM and finance tomorrow.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2018 at 2:22 PM, nunya said:

Who do the recruits talk to before signing up?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pawnman said:

Who do the recruits talk to before signing up?

Sure, 1 or 2 may not join because of your/our bitching.  Probably your stories will steer your own son away.  But most wannabes don't have personal access to a disgruntled military pilot or are so enamored that they don't care, so they run blindly to the bright blue light.  Once again, we overestimate the impact of our disgruntlement.  The Pentagon just doesn't care.

If you would have told me as an 18 year old how bad the AF sucked, I would have just said to myself that you must have not been a very good pilot/officer and it won’t happen to me. Unfortunate but true.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Gazmo said:

This is all f#cked up. I am getting random backpaid LES's in the ANG for $5.33 per pay period (AFTP/RUTA). I went from $650 to $1,000 by jumping from 6+ to 10+ 1 Oct 2017. The funny part is I got $28 incentive pay ($840/30) on an AFTP that paid out a few weeks ago. $840 was the old 14 year incentive pay. I wouldn't hit the 14-year Aviation service pay until next fall and besides that, that $840 incentive pay doesn't even exist anymore. Until the new policy I was in the 6-year club getting $650 or $21.67 per pay period. If they're back pay me $5.33 per pay . Based on this change I should be getting $11.63 back pay for each AFTP/RUTA. Looks like I'm going to have to talk to my HARM and finance tomorrow.

I'm an ANG guy (on ADOS orders) and mine is still messed up too. I have been getting random LES's for $175, the 2 week difference between my old rate at $650 and new rate at $1000. They have given me a few of these checks, but skipped over the period of Oct 1-15 and the old rate still shows up on my standard LES.

Finance will not be able to fix it for you. If you look back a few pages, my finance put a ticket in for me and they were told by DFAS that the issue is being worked service-wide and to close the ticket. Finance doesn't have the ability/authority to pay you what you are owed in this situation.

Just took a survey posted to a MAF Facebook group by someone who’s supposedly in the aircrew crisis task force. According to the survey, the proposed “fly-only” criteria are as follows:

1) Eligible for 10-13 year Majors, requires a commitment to 20 years 

2) Receive current aviation bonus

3) Limited length (ineligible for 365s) and type of deployments (flying-related only)

4) Eligible for specific flying-related jobs (Stan/Eval, training, etc) at all levels

5) Extended time on-station to 4-5 years

6) Eligible for advanced aviation courses (WIC, AIS, TPS, etc)

7) IDE/SDE optional and by correspondence only

8) Ineligible for promotion above O-5 and only compete for promotion against other fly-only officers, with promotion based on sustained superior performance as an aviator

9) Pilots can return to the traditional track NLT 13 years TIS

I may be missing a few smaller things, but those were the main points. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2018 at 3:28 PM, BONE WSO said:

I'm an ANG guy (on ADOS orders) and mine is still messed up too.

Deployed on title-10 and my flight pay is still fucked up!  But not to worry, they worked expeditiously to take back an overpayment due to their fuck up.  It's a good rehack of my distain for being full time.  

Edited by SocialD