Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

Last I talked to finance, the AD and AGR guys were already updated and getting the new flight pays.  If you're a technician or DSG...well, it might be a while.  Apparently, they wrote the code for flight pay with punch cards and everything has to be completely redone.  I was promised we'd be back payed to the FY...so checks in the mail.  

So are they screwing all the DSGs and TRs by forcing a situation where they’ll need to update W-2s after the fact?  Will the pay be fixed and updated W-2s sent out in a timely enough manner to file?  I had this happen for a pay screw—up by finance and had to refile my return two years after the fact. Way to go, govt. 

I am seeing the same thing on this chart - looks legit $1k at 10 years...I had not heard anything about this and my finance office is still working on the fix for the original $750 and $1k change from October.

13 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Anyone else notice the new 2018 pay tables published by DFAS? Bigger raise than the August announcement and theres no longer a seperate pay table for the enlisted flyers. I asked my finance about the changes and they less helpful than if I hadnt even bothered to ask them the question. 

The enlisted rates are still $150-$400. It's defined in DoD 7000.14-R Table 22-8.

14 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Anyone else notice the new 2018 pay tables published by DFAS? Bigger raise than the August announcement and theres no longer a seperate pay table for the enlisted flyers. I asked my finance about the changes and they less helpful than if I hadnt even bothered to ask them the question. 

Screenshot_20180106-000304.png

http://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1290397/air-force-announces-initiatives-to-lessen-pilot-shortage/

AF had pegged the $1000 figure at 12 years.. I doubt they could have boned up the roll out that much.

It would be a nice back pay bump of a few hundreds

I just started an order on the 2nd and already have my first paycheck on mypay.  It shows my flight pay still at $650, I should be at $800 based on the chart above...Go figure.  

Edited by SocialD
Maths buffoonery.

For one more data point, my (AD) flight pay correctly updated to the new table at the start of the FY, but I haven't yet seen the jump from 2+ YAS to 6+ YAS that should have gone through in November. Seems like a total crapshoot right now.

11 hours ago, sixpack said:

Wait, so now the flight pay bump from 6 to 14 years aviation service moved to 10 years aviation service?  And it's been effective since last April?  Looks like i'll be getting some back pay coming.

I didnt even notice that, finance had zero clue and could only answer with "our system says this rate so thats what we pay you", makes me wonder why we are paying an E-7 to regurgitate what a computer shows him with zero critical thinking.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 1111 said:

http://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1290397/air-force-announces-initiatives-to-lessen-pilot-shortage/

AF had pegged the $1000 figure at 12 years.. I doubt they could have boned up the roll out that much.

It would be a nice back pay bump of a few hundreds

I can completely see the AF boning this up, their track record with personnel management is in line with something like this.

15 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I can completely see the AF boning this up, their track record with personnel management is in line with something like this.

That is one major cock up and if the table holds true then folks need to back pay since May 2017.

While it would be nice if that was accurate and we would get the back pay, my herkish math I’d get back $2,700,  I’m not holding my breath on this one. I’ve check for that table and the DoD reg I’ve found off the source site doesn’t show the updated tables. If I could find it I’d walk into the local finance shop and bring this up so I can do the press to test on this. 

Edited by cragspider

2 hours ago, cragspider said:

While it would be nice if that was accurate and we would get the back pay, my herkish math I’d get back $2,700,  I’m not holding my breath on this one. I’ve check for that table and the DoD reg I’ve found off the source site doesn’t show the updated tables. If I could find it I’d walk into the local finance shop and bring this up so I can do the press to test on this. 

I saw the DFAS pdf, which had the updated table on it.  Is there something more official than that?  I’d say I’d have a hard time believing they put an incorrect flight pay table on their military pay pdf, but it is DoD finance...

1 hour ago, flyusaf83 said:

I saw the DFAS pdf, which had the updated table on it.  Is there something more official than that?  I’d say I’d have a hard time believing they put an incorrect flight pay table on their military pay pdf, but it is DoD finance...

I found the pdf, while it should be official now check out the fmr 07a that is referenced in the pdf. It isn’t up to date as the dfas pdf is. I would bet that the fmr is the base pay reg and not what dfas has listed. The $800 at 6 years is the step in the the right direction along with the $1,000 at 10 vs 12 years. But like we both said it is dod fiance. 

10 minutes ago, cragspider said:

I found the pdf, while it should be official now check out the fmr 07a that is referenced in the pdf. It isn’t up to date as the dfas pdf is. I would bet that the fmr is the base pay reg and not what dfas has listed. The $800 at 6 years is the step in the the right direction along with the $1,000 at 10 vs 12 years. But like we both said it is dod fiance. 

It makes sense, they should be targeting senior captains and junior majors who are in the decision making part of their 10 yr UPT ADSCs.  IMO, it’s too little, too late.  Most have already made their decisions and this kind of money isn’t going to change much.

Edited by flyusaf83

On 1/6/2018 at 5:44 PM, SocialD said:

I just started an order on the 2nd and already have my first paycheck on mypay.  It shows my flight pay still at $650, I should be at $800 based on the chart above...Go figure.  

Hmmm....I just checked my January LES and I am getting $700. I'm a 10+ year dude...this is seriously jacked...what's the correct amount? I would think the 2018 table on the DFAS site would be the master.

I’m waiting on my guard finance to research, as I am also an 11 year dude who is currently receiving $700/mo as an AGR. Per the 2018 DFAS tables, I should be well within the $1K/mo table. My mid-January LES reflects $700 still. My finance is asking up the chain and suggests watching the end of January LES. Probably going to do a CMAS (sp?) case if not in my EOM LES. 

The answer our finance shop got from NGB is essentially "checks in the mail..."  Somehow DFAS figured out how to get the AGRs and AD guys the correct pay rates for 2017, not so much for the DSGs or technicians.  Somehow the system figured out I was payed the $650 rate for a few AT days and back payed me for the $700 rate.  It still hasn't figured out I need back payed for all my UTAs/AFTPs.  Now in 2018, I'm due the $800 rate and I'm still being payed at the $650 rate.  I was told to expect an additional paycheck every period to pay me the difference until DFAS can unfuck their computers.  

• Like 1

Our ANG unit has started rectifying incentive pay in a very haphazard manner.  As an over-12 traditional, I'm slowly being made whole for the $1000/mo. figure from back in October and November, but they are still paying me the $650/mo. for AFTPs/UTAs worked last week.  It's very random how they are paying out the differences too.  I'll get $11.66 per period (or two) worked one day but nothing for the next day.  

All I can say is track that shit!  

I'm a technician and have been getting random LES' for $10 and some change for the last month.  I can finally fit into those airline conversations about how thousands of dollars randomly show up for profit sharing...

• Upvote 3