Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

31 minutes ago, ColoradoAviator said:

It's only good for 1 or 2 years. Don't count on the ability to sign up again for a longer duration or a higher bonus (without more strings/ADSC attached). You'll be at the mercy of the 2018/2019 program later f you so choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

I'll be at my 19 year mark when the commitment runs out if I take the 2 year option.

55 minutes ago, ToyotaMC1 said:

Thinking about taking the 1-2 year option. Any advice? 

Are you going to stay in regardless? Take the bonus.

Do you want to get out right now? Don't take the bonus.

If you have 17 years in, the correct answer is get an AGR job for 3 years, take the AGR bonus, retire with an AD retirement at 20 years and chaff 3 years of AD bullshit. I assume, though, that that ship has already sailed.

3 hours ago, Homestar said:

From what I've heard on the MAF FB page the lawyers looked at the NDAA and decided that the AF had to do it this way to comply with the law Congress wrote. 

The JAGs at SAF/GC are the ones claiming that the early takers owe an additional one year extra to get this year's bonus. That does not mean that every lawyer agrees with that idea (l do not agree that an extra 12 months are required since that is no where in the NDAA). There's a FBI group for "early take avb action group" if anyone is interested or would like to assist. 

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Mojo said:

The JAGs at SAF/GC are the ones claiming that the early takers owe an additional one year extra to get this year's bonus. That does not mean that every lawyer agrees with that idea (l do not agree that an extra 12 months are required since that is no where in the NDAA). There's a FBI group for "early take avb action group" if anyone is interested or would like to assist. 

My ADSC ends on 28 June. I signed up for the bonus on MyPers today. When AFPC actually sends me the paperwork I will let you guys know whether an extra year was added or not. 

4 hours ago, ToyotaMC1 said:

My ADSC ends on 28 June. I signed up for the bonus on MyPers today. When AFPC actually sends me the paperwork I will let you guys know whether an extra year was added or not. 

The extra year is for those who said yes2bonus last year under the early eligible program.  Those who opted to sign up early last year at 5 or 9 years for 25K have the option now to amend their deal to the higher $ amount, but at the cost of an extra year of ADSC. 

5 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

The extra year is for those who said yes2bonus last year under the early eligible program.  Those who opted to sign up early last year at 5 or 9 years for 25K have the option now to amend their deal to the higher $ amount, but at the cost of an extra year of ADSC. 

So my understanding is that early signers will get one payment of $25k then 9 payments of $30k (for MAF pilots). Hence the additional year ADSC since they'll be getting 10 years of payments. 

Or they could stay in their current contract and receive 9 payments of $25k and get out at 20 YAS. 

8 minutes ago, Homestar said:

So my understanding is that early signers will get one payment of $25k then 9 payments of $30k (for MAF pilots). Hence the additional year ADSC since they'll be getting 10 years of payments. 

Or they could stay in their current contract and receive 9 payments of $25k and get out at 20 YAS. 

The way I read the PSDM, I think it's actually one payment of $25K, 8 payments of $30K, and the last year is unpaid.  10 years of ADSC, but only 9 years of pay.

8 minutes ago, ihtfp06 said:

The way I read the PSDM, I think it's actually one payment of $25K, 8 payments of $30K, and the last year is unpaid.  10 years of ADSC, but only 9 years of pay.

That probably depends on if you have reached your bonus date yet. 

Eidt to add: I believe signing the $30k/yr bonus has to be for a length equal to or greater than the original contract. So, one year at $25k (original contract) and 9 years under the new $35k/yr contract. I may be wrong though. 

Edited by Homestar

Why should the AF pay an individual- who already named their price for an extended commitment last year with the ridiculous early commitment program- more money without incurring an additional commitment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Why should the AF pay an individual- who already named their price for an extended commitment last year with the ridiculous early commitment program- more money without incurring an additional commitment?

The unintended consequence of signing up early...the first of many, I suspect.

I think it's pretty funny that a certain relative of the CSAF is a member of the "Early take AVB action group." You would think he would have been given a craniums up that his bonus was gonna go from 25 to 35 if he waited to be initial eligible.

Edit for fighter pilot speak.

11 hours ago, sqwatch said:

It makes sense to the AF because the AF used that as an additional carrot to get guys to take the early signup.  If a guy was sure he was staying in, he gets money as soon as his commitment is up (could be big difference if he graduated UPT early in the FY).  Without the carrot that you could get the larger amount if the amount increased during your normal year, many guys last year wouldn't have taken the early option on rumors of bigger money next year.  The AF wants guys to sign early as it provides them predictability and keeps them from starting to think about other options (generally bad for the AF these days).  Based on both parties getting something out of the deal, it makes sense.  That is, until the AF bends the guys over...  

How many guys do you think are going to do the early sign up this year now that this is public?

Latest JQP speaking to the early eligible AvB extra year re-up: "It’s about a group of the service’s most fired-up officers extending inadvisable trust to their chain of command, and that chain of command proving their trust inadvisable."

I signed my bonus (only God knows why), fully thinking I could resign upping the amount (during the already contacted years) and if I chose, extending the length of the contract at that new amount...

It was not just early eligibles here...I have no personal input into attempts to renegotiate my agreement, because I haven't yet. I'm not really feeling like dealing with it is even worth the $2,250 after taxes, and I'm not sure exactly how happy I'm going to be when my (new) commitment expires, but things like this conversation make me think it won't be too hard of a transition.

I won't even mind being my buddy's first officer at Delta, Fed Ex, or the other million places there are already at.

I'm going to ing nail that first officer job! It's going to be great, trust me. So great...

Bendy

On 6/19/2017 at 1:06 PM, LookieRookie said:

srk.jpg

Found this patch in a consignment shop. Any of you old hats around when this first was made?

I remember seeing a shitload of those at KRND in 95.

What is the word in the Air Force on people taking the bonus? I noticed something quite odd where the civilian who deals with writing up your AvB can receive emails but cannot correspond with you directly anymore. All correspondence must occur through MyPers.
The AvB civilian probably got his ass handed to him for his tactics last year. "If you don't take the bonus now, it might decrease next year." Then when the deadline approaches, "Oh the bonus window was extended and we wanted to just let you know." The window was extended in my opinion because nobody was taking the bonus.

Are you saying "no2bonus". "Donthate" it's just a question. I'm truly trying to "pickyourbattles".

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Duck said:

Are you saying "no2bonus". "Donthate" it's just a question. I'm truly trying to "pickyourbattles".

He's not PYB.  Definitely not long-winded enough.  Also, PYB is probably too busy trying to antagonize law enforcement so that they infringe on his rights.

So when are we getting more of these made?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

With the 1 and 2 year options, how many NBAers do you expect there to be? I imagine most people with PCS or training ADSCs past their UPT ADSCs will take a short contract.

And how many early takers will there be this year? :)

If it were an option, I would guess very few given the shenanigans of last year's earlies. It's not an option though, so it'll be zero.

2 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

With the 1 and 2 year options, how many NBAers do you expect there to be? I imagine most people with PCS or training ADSCs past their UPT ADSCs will take a short contract.

Taking inflation into account I am now making the same as a non-bonus aviator was in the 1990s. So does that make me an honorary nonbonus aviator?

• Upvote 2