Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

The 2.5 more accurately reflects the needs of the C-17 community.  Thousands of hours of research by personnelists went into these numbers.  
Even more research was done on the 2.0 crew ratio for the C-130.  While maintaining the 1.75 was argued, the increase to 2.0 won the day.  A minority in the community successfully argued the lack of navigators should create a higher crew ratio, so AMC A-1 caved and agreed to raise it to 2.0 (100%+ manned at the squadron level, I might add).  MAF is extremely healthy, again thanks to the efforts of number crunchers to keep the communities healthy.

MAF is "extremely healthy"? Are you living under a rock? I spoke to a major at a tanker unit a few weeks back who said he was the only major that he knows of in the past year PCS'ing to a follow on assignment. Everyone else at his base is getting out.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, General Chang said:

The 2.5 more accurately reflects the needs of the C-17 community.  Thousands of hours of research by personnelists went into these numbers.  

Even more research was done on the 2.0 crew ratio for the C-130.  While maintaining the 1.75 was argued, the increase to 2.0 won the day.  A minority in the community successfully argued the lack of navigators should create a higher crew ratio, so AMC A-1 caved and agreed to raise it to 2.0 (100%+ manned at the squadron level, I might add).  MAF is extremely healthy, again thanks to the efforts of number crunchers to keep the communities healthy.

Simply put, no. You and the clown show don't have a fucking clue. Why don't you visit an actual AMC squadron at a base of your choosing and try that "logic" again. 

MAF is "extremely healthy"? Are you living under a rock? I spoke to a major at a tanker unit a few weeks back who said he was the only major that he knows of in the past year PCS'ing to a follow on assignment. Everyone else at his base is getting out.

Rumor has it that Fairchild is PCSing the first major in five years who wasn't going to school or on an adsc.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, WheelsOff said:

Simply put, no. You and the clown show don't have a fucking clue. Why don't you visit an actual AMC squadron at a base of your choosing and try that "logic" again. 

He can come down to Dyess.  I'll show him around a bomber squadron, you show him around the AMC squadron.  We can talk to the dozens of pilots who have active airline applications and are just counting the days until they can separate.  I can also show him that WSOs are a more scarce commodity than pilots in both the ops squadron and the FTU.

12 hours ago, sqwatch said:

When you guys lose your shit over a troll, it makes me think you are retards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forrest Gump, Ernest Goes to Camp, or Sling Blade retarded?

Edited by cantfly
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HossHarris said:

That's some inception layered onion shit right there. Prolly a high school dropout working at 7-11. 

Hoss, we need someone to serve up the cool taste of a cold slurpee or icee on a hot ass day at 7-11. You're probably a man who can appreciate Pauly Shore's motto of "wheezing the juuuice."

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, HossHarris said:

That's some inception layered onion shit right there. Prolly a high school dropout working at 7-11. 

There are days I would rather be slinging hot dogs at 7-11.  More and more each passing year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

13 hours ago, General Chang said:

There are days I would rather be slinging hot dogs at 7-11.  More and more each passing year.

Moved to what's wrong with the Air Force...

Edited by Snooter
  • Upvote 1

On 4/26/2017 at 3:51 AM, General Chang said:

Too bad, as you mentioned STOP LOSS is a viable retention tool and we obvious need tools like you.

• Upvote 2

If AF leadership is so concerned about pilot retention, why don't they do two things: (1) fix the real problems and (2) make the new congressionally approved flight pay/ACP bonus limits a reality? Both need to happen right now! That being said, money is only 1 of 69,000 problems the AF has. Furthermore, there should be zero talk about stop loss from AF leadership until they, at a minimum, implement dollar values congress has authorized. That being said, the extra money won't do anything for retention unles the other 69,000 problems are fixed too.

The AF has one choice. They must pay pilots more, bring basic functions back to the squadrons, reduce queep 100% (if it's queep, it's not required), and change the mentality of the AF at large from shoe clerk geekery back to what it should be---violently murdering our enemies and/or aiding those who do. 

Leadership has failed, as evidenced by the lack of trust in the O-5 through O-10 levels across our AF. It's very sad...and I do hope that among the new breed of FNGs, there are warrior-minded future leaders that turn this thing around for the better. It will take at least one generation of "leadership cleansing" in order to get rid of the spineless, yes man "leadership" currently embedded at all levels of our AF.

As a data point, I planned to stay in the AF until they dragged me out. I had this mindset for a long time. Around 2012, I started to question my plans. By 2016, my decision was clear---move on to greener pastures as soon as I hit 20 years versus staying to 28, 30 or more.  It really kills me because I know what the AF is capable of being, but it's not going to get there any time soon. For those of you stayinglong-term, fight the good fight and make this place better. As for me, I will do what can to improve my very small piece of the AF for the next 1 year, 6 months and 5 days. 

Edited by g2s
  • Upvote 2

My CC asked me if I took the bonus after a PCS to his squadron. I hadn't been offered the bonus yet. Does AFPC tell the CC when you don't take the money?

I turned the bonus down based on what my airline buddies told me. If I had 5 years remaining to 20 years, I might have taken the money. Just stupid not to take the money in that case. Anyway, I am glad I listened to my friends because one friend told me he regretted his decision. I feel like a free man by turning the money down. 

The guy at AFPC told me the window was extended after I had told him no and the deadline had elapsed for the bonus. In my mind this extension was due to the fact that not enough people are biting on the bonus. I felt like the ARP at AFPC is under some pressure right now. He kept emailing me and would cc a GS-11 on our emails. Even after telling me the bonus may decrease or I might not be eligible this year, I didn't care.

Edited by cantfly
  • Upvote 1

I don't think CCs get a specific report on bonus takers, but it's pretty obvious in the ADSC date and reason coding on your SURF if you have/haven't....assuming anyone is inclined to check.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

I don't think CCs get a specific report on bonus takers, but it's pretty obvious in the ADSC date and reason coding on your SURF if you have/haven't....assuming anyone is inclined to check.

Thanks. I never even thought about that at all.

Happening now to a former AGR in my unit. Resigned to go airline.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

There is the $25k deal and $15k deal. If you only fullfill the obligation for the $15k deal, but you signed for the $25k deal you must pay back the cummulative difference between the $25k deal and the $15k deal. Could end up being $20,000 and you have to pay that back pre-tax (and file corrected w2's). Royal PITA, but hey... if you want out, you do what you have to do. At the end of the day when you have the potential to make $300+ per hour in the last 5 years of your airline career working 10 days per month, $20k now is chump change.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Any word on FY17 bonus timeline?

Considering Congressional budget issues, AF only takes 1/2 the blame for being 8 months into the FY w/ no policy.  

$35k was in the NDAA, but I've never seen anything official from the AF.  My UPT ADSC is almost up, I'm eligible to start outprocessing this summer. WTF