Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

The guys who signed as early eligible, or whatever the exact term was, should be able to update to the new amount from what I remember of the wording.  If you were not that early eligible, I think you're stuck unless they change the verbiage in the new one. 

1 hour ago, Guardian said:

From what I heard they had to force people to do striker vista. If you have to force it then what's the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

I think the real intent is to create the B-21 initial cadre and senior leadership.  All the bombers heretofore have been pretty stovepiped the last decade or so, sans the Buff to B-2 pipeline.  This gives a bit of a broader perspective for the new bomber. 

It's a Northrop product. It will be just the same as the B2 and fail to take advantage of 30 years worth of advances. Even back then Northrop didn't do a good job with their contracts. I don't think they have an ergonomic engineer in the whole company. It's a shame they won the competition just so the gov can avoid a Boeing Lockheed duapoly.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Gazmo said:

$1k extra for a proclamed "national crisis".... nice.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

If they do that it's an insult to everyone. I mean, just offer the most you can; things aren't going to get better. 

Apparently the RC AGR bonus will only go up to 30k. There was a push from some dipshit leaders at NGB to eliminate it totally, citing the idea that the "golden ticket" AGR positions didn't need a bonus. Funny, we've had two quit in the past 6 months for the airlines. Leadership: still fvcking clueless.

I'm sure every OG/CC going to the OG council meetings has pleaded with NGB to do something about the full-time pilot shortage. If they aren't doing anything, they aren't listening. At the end of the day, just like our AD bretheren, we're not fed up just because of the money and bennies or lack there of. The ANG has become AD on the cheap and NGB leadership has let it happen.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Guardian said:

From what I heard they had to force people to do striker vista. If you have to force it then what's the point?

They had to force the B-1 dudes to go to BUFFs.  I don't know how thrilled the BUFF guys were to come over to the B-1, but they seemed pretty motivated.

7 minutes ago, pawnman said:

They had to force the B-1 dudes to go to BUFFs.  I don't know how thrilled the BUFF guys were to come over to the B-1, but they seemed pretty motivated.

Yeah I think overall it's considered a great deal by buff drivers.  

Don't know why you bone guys aren't amped about things like Minot and nuke?? (Sarcasm)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, pawnman said:

They were probably stoked...until they found out the Bones were picking up the Guam rotations...

On 3/11/2017 at 5:01 PM, * said:

Yeah I think overall it's considered a great deal by buff drivers.  

Don't know why you bone guys aren't amped about things like Minot and nuke?? (Sarcasm)

I know the WSO wasn't thrilled about being EWO-only and not dropping weapons.

8 hours ago, pawnman said:

I know the WSO wasn't thrilled about being EWO-only and not dropping weapons.

Is that what actually happened to said individual or what said individual was afraid would happen before they left? 

I have no first-hand knowledge of what the BUFF FTU has done with the B-1 Vista dudes... I just suspect that given our lack of depth at RN (WSO-E... whatever...) and the vast differences between the B-1 & B-52 defensive suites we would have put an experienced B-1 WSO in the offense compartment. If we didn't do that, whoever made the decision should be taken out to the UTTR and tied down somewhere on Kitty Cat. I could see the argument that you could make someone an instructor EWO faster than an instructor WSO (fewer hours required)... But damn. The B-1 OSO to B-52 WSO conversion is... "Here are the differences in Sniper mech. Forget what having a radar from the late 20th century was like. You know how to plan JASSM? Cool, here's how to plan MALD and shoot CALCM."

The DSO to EWO conversion would be going from a fairly automated system where you're primarily doing ambiguity resolution and making sure it's running the right programs and running the EXCM (I assume) to one where you have a Frankenstein monster of multiple receivers and transmitters built different in different decades, some of which are fairly automated, but others of which require you to watch an oscilloscope and tune in Tokyo with your jammers manually. By the way we don't have an ILST mode on our radar and we don't have Link 16 yet, so AI defense is kind of sporty, and you also have to learn this whole "commit criteria" thought process for SAMs that doesn't exist in the B-1 (or so the EWO we went to the B-1 via Vista tells me).

3 hours ago, Disco_Nav963 said:

Is that what actually happened to said individual or what said individual was afraid would happen before they left? 

I have no first-hand knowledge of what the BUFF FTU has done with the B-1 Vista dudes...

Luckily, I do!   We, thankfully, did not shoehorn him in the EW seat.  He went through IQT academics and a more or less TX-like flightline program as an RN...er, WSO....

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Don't understand a lot of the acronyms being thrown around about the NAVs. Could you explain why it matters what seat they are in? Not being confrontational. Just ignorant on the subject.

RN- Radar Nav- the left seat downstairs guy in the Buff.  Controls bombs, missiles, radar and pod. Has no control over defensive stuff. 

EW- Electronic Warfare Officer.  Jams things, has no control over weapons. 

WSO- Weapon System Officer- historically, the backseaters in Bones and Mudhens.  About a year ago, AFGSC made the decision to relabel radar navs and navs as WSOs because "WSOs promote better because everybody knows what a WSO is but nobody knows what an RN is"....or so I was told. 

The Striker Vista guys, coming from Bones, are versed in both offensive and defensive skill sets, but the Buff's EA suite is so much more man-in-the-loop than the Bone's that it'd be like teaching the guy Greek or something (wait, can I say that or is it offensive?)  Skillset translates better putting him in the RN seat. 

There, now you know more than you ever wanted to about the world of the 12B. 

1 hour ago, ThreeHoler said:

Any rumors that there could be a second bonus for old farts who have completed their 5-year prison term?

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network Forums

That was a rumor I heard two years ago from some senior leaders but have yet to see anything in writing.  BTW, two years ago a few MAJCOM/CCs were flipping out because their Patches that happened to be school selects were leaving in droves.

Edited by Right Seat Driver
Spelling

15 hours ago, Disco_Nav963 said:

I have no first-hand knowledge of what the BUFF FTU has done with the B-1 Vista dudes... I just suspect that given our lack of depth at RN (WSO-E... whatever...) and the vast differences between the B-1 & B-52 defensive suites we would have put an experienced B-1 WSO in the offense compartment. If we didn't do that, whoever made the decision should be taken out to the UTTR and tied down somewhere on Kitty Cat. I could see the argument that you could make someone an instructor EWO faster than an instructor WSO (fewer hours required)... But damn. The B-1 OSO to B-52 WSO conversion is... "Here are the differences in Sniper mech. Forget what having a radar from the late 20th century was like. You know how to plan JASSM? Cool, here's how to plan MALD and shoot CALCM."

The DSO to EWO conversion would be going from a fairly automated system where you're primarily doing ambiguity resolution and making sure it's running the right programs and running the EXCM (I assume) to one where you have a Frankenstein monster of multiple receivers and transmitters built different in different decades, some of which are fairly automated, but others of which require you to watch an oscilloscope and tune in Tokyo with your jammers manually. By the way we don't have an ILST mode on our radar and we don't have Link 16 yet, so AI defense is kind of sporty, and you also have to learn this whole "commit criteria" thought process for SAMs that doesn't exist in the B-1 (or so the EWO we went to the B-1 via Vista tells me).

We were all told that because we had the requisite electronic warfare training, we would be EWOs if we signed up.  And that the BUFF does not train people to be both EWOs and RNs.

Back to the bonus, from what I saw from DRAFT is 11F/11U gets $35K. 11B/11M/11S get $34. 11H/11R get $28K.

There also was the addition of 1, 2, and 13 year contracts and possible renegotiation if Congress ups the amount.

Edit: Also bonuses for 12F/12B 5 yr @ $15k, 12H 5 yr @ 20k, 12R/12S 5 yr @ $10k. No love for 12M

Who knows if this is actually approved 

Edited by LookieRookie
Cso

2 hours ago, LookieRookie said:

Back to the bonus, from what I saw from DRAFT is 11F/11U gets $35K. 11B/11M/11S get $34. 11H/11R get $28K.

There also was the addition of 1, 2, and 13 year contracts and possible renegotiation if Congress ups the amount.

Edit: Also bonuses for 12F/12B 5 yr @ $15k, 12H 5 yr @ 20k, 12R/12S 5 yr @ $10k. No love for 12M

Who knows if this is actually approved 

12B bonus? About time. Two years ago I might have even taken it. 

• Upvote 2