Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

Now's your chance, boys. If there's a zero percent take rate, there will be positive changes....to ADSCs, to bonus rates, to RSAP, to assignment policies, to abominations like TAMI-21.

Prove Chang wrong and don't take the bait.

Vote with your brain.

Your freedom to choose your fate is priceless. Don't sell it too cheaply.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Now's your chance, boys. If there's a zero percent take rate, there will be positive changes....to ADSCs, to bonus rates, to RSAP, to assignment policies, to abominations like TAMI-21.

Vote with your brain.

It's the devils money! It's a trap!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Vote with your brain.

3000931-4430274795_not_sure_if_serious_o

Vote with your brain.

My pilot training commitment ends in a couple months and I applied yesterday to serve out my commitment and separate later this year. The first email I get this morning is the "you're eligible for the bonus". LOL.

• Upvote 1

Word on the street is ACP will be released tomorrow. $25K/yr to 20 (9 years max) for all pilots.

Hmm. So what happens to the guys who bit on the early eligible carrot last year...will they have the chance to go with the 9 year plan?

edit to add: by the way, this rumor checks out with the official stuff I've seen.

Edited by Homestar

Hmm. So what happens to the guys who bit on the early eligible carrot last year...will they have the chance to go with the 9 year plan?

edit to add: by the way, this rumor checks out with the official stuff I've seen.

I would sure hope so. People here called me (and others) out for accusing leadership of a potential bait-and-switch last summer, although my guess was that dollar amounts (not duration of bonus) would go up.

Considering the (lack of) transparency in AF leadership lately, nothing would surprise me. Good luck to those with the big decision to make.

According to the PSDM, all 11X FY14 takers (including early eligibles) can extend their contract to 20 years of aviation service (up to 9 years)...

Odds that this is an AFPC April Fool's joke?

I'll be honest...this one surprised me, big time. And it's rare these days when the AF surprises me in a good way. The manning must be even worse than the AF originally let on. Sucks that a lot of prior E's and late rated guys don't get the extra sweet moola from Uncle Rico.

According to the PSDM, all 11X FY14 takers (including early eligibles) can extend their contract to 20 years of aviation service (up to 9 years)...

Odds that this is an AFPC April Fool's joke?

Anything about any of the older FY groups (13, 12, 11) that still have time on their 5-year bonus? I'd take another $75K at this point if it was offered.

Anything about any of the older FY groups (13, 12, 11) that still have time on their 5-year bonus? I'd take another $75K at this point if it was offered.

No but of note the uncommitted-eligibles (those who did not take the bonus) can get the $15k/year if they decide to change their minds (5yrs or the 20 YAS option). In my case it's not enough to do so...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that the take rate from last year did not meet A1s goals...

Edited by icohftb

No but of note the uncommitted-eligibles (those who did not take the bonus) can get the $15k/year if they decide to change their minds (5yrs or the 20 YAS option). In my case it's not enough to do so...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that the take rate from last year did not meet A1s goals...

If someone was uncommitted eligible...they're likely to only get 8ish years of bonus which would put them at 120K vice the 125K for 5 years they turned down before. Not such a great deal.

• Upvote 1

Personnel who will reach 15 years and 364 days TAFMS by 30 Sep 2015 (Initial-Eligible) or 30 Sep 2016 (Early-Eligible), RPA Pilot (18XX) aviators, IST aviators who have not completed their 4-year accessions ADSC, VRAD, or LPRP are not included in the FY2015 program

Fuck You Air Force.

If you are going to offer to pay me $25K/year less than my coworkers doing the same job with the same rank and experience, I'm going to do $25K/year less work. Sorry for those who have to pick up the slack...

The Reserve option is looking better, even at 16 years TAFMS.

• Upvote 2