Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

Have any AD/ARC bubbas received a bonus payment yet? All the ANG pilots/navs I've asked are stalled at: "Referred to Guard-NGB ACP Program Mgt (A1PF) ANG."

I'm ANG and mine (initial payment) took about 8 weeks. Word is there is a single person at NGB processing them for the entire ANG.

Haven't heard this rumor. What is being said?

Herkbum

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

OG told us that a DSG bonus was all but approved...amount unknown. He did some digging and found out technicians would be eligible. Said it would be in FY 15. This was several months ago and haven't heard any updates since.

OG told us that a DSG bonus was all but approved...amount unknown. He did some digging and found out technicians would be eligible. Said it would be in FY 15. This was several months ago and haven't heard any updates since.

I'll try to run this to ground tomorrow and see what I can find out. Would love for our guys to get something for all the shit they have put up with the last 2 yrs.

Herkbum

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Really? What's the logic behind that? Are traditionals walking away from the service at an unacceptable rate?

Not in my unit. As I said earlier, my OG/CC didn't know anything about it and believes it will never happen. This forum is the first and only place I heard this bonus mentioned.

Interesting. OG/CC at my unit told me it was more of a matter of if than when - as in will it make it in FY15 or not. Granted it was my interview so I didn't dig for details, but there was also no incentive to lie as I was not being hired as a dude that would be bonus eligible anyway.

The guard and reserves are having issues with manning too - hiring freeze of sorts due to the 8/10-year ADSC shift, airline hiring, etc. Is it really a surprise they would throw money at the problem?

I've heard secondhand that many units are having trouble finding enough f-16 guys. Any truth to that?

I've only talked to bros at three units, but they all say the same thing - get your resume squared away and knock out all available upgrades because the exodus from active duty has made even part time jobs competitive.

It's interesting; I'd heard that guard units were having the same problem, with even AGR guys giving up their full time slots to take airline jobs. I had thought the airline hiring would hit active duty harder than it has, but maybe it'll hit the guard first. All heresy though.

The line to get a part time guard or reserve job is a mile long at all the Viper units I've talked to. I can't believe they'd give one to the part time guys....especially with the way the airlines are hiring now.

Maybe we looked a different units but that is not a universal truth. I got hired this summer and had another option as well. I'm not talking about HO either. Some others aren't hiring, like Luke unless you want HO hanging over your head. However, there are jobs out there.