Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

You're asking matmacwc, who IIRC applied and was approved for VSP, why he would suggest not taking the bonus? I'm sure if you search a little more you'll find posts where he details his reasoning for not wanting to stay in AD, and much less, take the bonus and be committed to Big Blue for another 5 years.

And....yes.

So 33 days after you submitted times $69 a day... Is Bob going to pay you the almost $2300 in difference?

My ASD: 30-Jul-02

I've only lost about $256 as of Tuesday. When compared to $225,000. I won't complain.

My ASD: 30-Jul-02

I've only lost about $256 as of Tuesday. When compared to $225,000. I won't complain.

Once you click the submit button you hack starts regardless of when you sign from what I saw. If you ASD was 30 July and you asked the app to be built 3 July you should get the full 225K

• Upvote 1

Submitted mine on 10 Jul, anyone submit around that date and have theirs built already?

Submitted 9 July and received email yesterday stating there were 13 apps ahead and mine should be built Monday. He was furloughed today.

Submitted 9 July and received email yesterday stating there were 13 apps ahead and mine should be built Monday. He was furloughed today.

What a strange place we're in. The POC for processing bonuses is forced to take a work/pay cut. Odd.

• Upvote 4

From finalized status had anyone gotten payed already? And if so, how long did it take? I was finalized 1Aug.

I was FINALIZED 07-Aug, but I can't be paid until 05-Sep (the end of my UPT commitment).

• Upvote 1

I was FINALIZED 07-Aug, but I can't be paid until 05-Sep (the end of my UPT commitment).

I see, well my commitment ended yesterday 13-Aug, we will see how long it will take and will post how long between finalized and/or UPT commitment and money in the bank to see how long things are taking.

Just to make sure I have all my ducks in a row...does "years of aviation service as pilots" refer to DOR, UPT start date, or UPT graduation date?

(I did search and saw this question in relation to different bonus packages but the wording was slightly different.)

I think that's the first correct, concise, SA enhancing comm you've added to the forum in a while.

-And since you're not rated, SA = situational awareness.

I wouldn't call piling on to someone else's answer "SA enhancing"

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...

Any word on how this is going? When I check, it still shows like a 45% take rate, and worse for fighters.

Apparently 55% of the pilots eligible just aren't grateful for the wonderful opportunity that is being bestowed upon them from their kind and giving Air Force... we will obviously be much better off without those ungrateful bastards who will be easily replaced!!! I'm sure most of those takers are putting that money to good use... it can be expensive to fly out of Montgomery to house hunt for future Staff jobs.

Edited by Rusty Pipes
  • Upvote 9

It's probably so low because Bob is still building packages. Mine is still showing status as 'Submitted' & I hit send late July.

That's one theory. Here's another:

You getting paid is WAAAAAAYYYYY down on the priority list. You as a number on a slide is, well, a bit higher on that priority list.

I'm betting that the people that you are wishing would process your paperwork are kinda busy putting your number into a spreadsheet.

Or not. Who knows?

• Upvote 1