Hurlburt info

Murph

14 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Welcome to the Gulf Coast...Where did you end up buying? 

Thanks!  Bought in Navarre.  Of note, my kids are now enthralled with gunships.  We're close enough to the range that we can see and hear them practicing.  One of the really little ones has even indicated that he'd rather fly the airplane with cannons than the fast and loud ones from our last base.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HU&W said:

Thanks!  Bought in Navarre.  Of note, my kids are now enthralled with gunships.  We're close enough to the range that we can see and hear them practicing.  One of the really little ones has even indicated that he'd rather fly the airplane with cannons than the fast and loud ones from our last base.

Good stuff. 

Wait until the winter when some of the leaves are gone and the air is cold and more dense...the sound really travels.  I was at a soccer camp last night east of the high school and had a great sunset view of some CVs with the gunships wailing in the background...its like music! 

PM if you need anything.

• Upvote 3

If you and the kids want to see them up close shoot me a PM and I'll get a static worked out for you

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums
  • Upvote 2

Thanks wave for these specific recommendations.  I followed your recommendations to the letter and got a $2k/yr discount on homeowners insurance.

Check out Rebuild Northwest Florida too. FEMA will pay for 75% of hurricane safety upgrades to your house which will reduce your insurance further and better protect your family/property. Also great for increasing your resale value. http://www.rebuildnwf.org/

Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 5

for what its worth i have multiple friends who recently moved out of navarre for destin....they are much happier.

but they are young married couples with no kids.

id say if you have kids navarre is great (minus the daily rush hour traffic)

no kids? come east of base

1 hour ago, Marty - Trident Home Loans said:

Check out Rebuild Northwest Florida too. FEMA will pay for 75% of hurricane safety upgrades to your house which will reduce your insurance further and better protect your family/property. Also great for increasing your resale value. http://www.rebuildnwf.org/

Marty

Second the motion. 

I applied last month and they did the assessment last week, waiting for bid results.

5 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

for what its worth i have multiple friends who recently moved out of navarre for destin....they are much happier.

but they are young married couples with no kids.

id say if you have kids navarre is great (minus the daily rush hour traffic)

no kids? come east of base

Or just be fiscally irresponsible like me and live in Destin with kids.

10 hours ago, HossHarris said:

Let us know how it shakes out. 

(Panama City)

FYSA (sorry if I am telling you things you already know), I inquired last year and they had already used all their FY16 grant funds.  They got their FY17 funds a few months ago and sent me a notice, I applied immediately.  When I called they told me they typically have enough funds to complete 30-40 projects in my area, they were hoping for more this year.  They also have two separate programs.  One to harden older homes built before 2002 and another (shutter gap), for newer homes that don't have shutters.  My house is only 10 years old and was built way above code but I don't have shutters.  Depending on your needs and age of your home you may be able to move up the list by pursing only shutter gap.

My house was built in 74. 
It was overbuilt in 74, but I still spend a shitload on the hurricane side of homeowners insurance. 
So im excited at the prospect!

It's a great program even if you have to wait a little bit to get approved! I've seen guys save a ton especially on older homes. Good luck!

On 7/25/2017 at 11:33 AM, Marty - Trident Home Loans said:

Thanks for the tip (sts).  I made contact.

Shameless plug:

If anybody is in need of a realtor to help find a house, my wife will help.  She works for Berkshire Hathaway Realty Services in Niceville and concentrates on Fort Walton Beach, Shalimar, Destin and Niceville.  

Shameless plug:
If anybody is in need of a realtor to help find a house, my wife will help.  She works for Berkshire Hathaway Realty Services in Niceville and concentrates on Fort Walton Beach, Shalimar, Destin and Niceville.  

Is that her in your profile pic?

47 minutes ago, ihtfp06 said:

Is that her in your profile pic?

If I say yes; would that influence people calling her for help buying a home?!?

Edited by Tank