Those Going to P'Cola

Guest KillYourself

Guest KillYourself

From what I've read, there is a 6-7 month wait for WSO/NFO-select's before they class up for API at P'Cola. Funny thing is, I've got a class start and graduation date on my orders.

Any P'Cola LT's know if these dates mean anything or will I report to P'Cola and drop into A-pool like everybody else? Does it make a difference if you're an AF LT vs. a Navy ENS?

And, yes, I would post this on airwarriors.com but their server is a piece and keeps timing out.

The class date on your orders is worthless. Mine was 5 Oct 05 and I didn't start API till November and am just now supposed to start primary next Monday at Whiting. Lately the student WSOs wait hasn't seemed as long so your wait between API and primary should be shorter.

When you get here you will be put at the bottom of the AF WSO list. Every week depending on how many people they need they will class up x number of AF student WSOs and y number of AF student pilots. So your class up date will depend on how many AF WSO types are in front of you and how many of those they need at Sherman. When you check in MSgt Lucas should be able to give you a ROUGH (nothing here regarding dates is ever set in stone) idea about when you should be able to class up. Also if you have to do NIFT/IFS or whatever they are calling it now that will also affect your date. I hope that is a little clearer than mud.

AF people can be stashed but I don't think it happens as often as the Navy students get shafted/stashed.

If you have any other questions let me know.

-Dude

Exactly what Dude said, I got to Pcola in June of 05, did NIFTy for 2 months and had no wait time to get in to API, some others had 2-3 weeks. After API, you go into C pool for 1-3 months to get classed up into either VT-4 or -10. For some reason the Squadrons are backed up, yet the instructors keep complaining on how few students are in the pipeline right now... Go figure? If you have any questions, PM me, im about halfway thru the WSO program down here.