Can I change my AFSC?

Guest chips2002

Guest chips2002

Hello,

I did not apply as a pilot or a navigator but got selected this past board as a Civil Engineer (32E). I got a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering and really wanted to become a Developmental Engineer (62E).

Is there anyway that I could change my job title? I did put Civil Engineering as one of my options but did so because their was nothing really related to Electrical Engineering. I am in the process of getting my security check and have not swore in.

If I do plan to become a Civil Engineer, does anybody know what they exactly do? Do they work in the office and talk to contractors or do they actually go out in the field and lead a group of laborers? Also, where do civil engineers usually

get stationed? Is their a chance that they can be sent overseas?

I would like to hear your opinions and suggestions. Thanks.

You're in the wrong place (unless we have some closet engineers I don't know about) as this is a military aviation forum... You probably want to try airforceots.com with that one.

Are you talking about your actually "Job Title" or the AFSC. They are very different things.

When I was a 62E (my AFSC,) my job title was a "munitions lethality engineer."

The "job title" I got to basically make up, and changing it to make it sound more important on a semi-regualr basis was highly encouraged. If I had stayed, who knows...maybe I'd be a "munitions lethality supervisor" by now...

As for what you'd be doing...lots of office, lots of aquisitions...not necessarily contract management, but you'll have plenty of those little folders to keep in good order. Sure, lots of talking to contractors...but, don't expect to be doing much hands on stuff as a CE Officer, perhaps unless you deploy. However, there is always opportunities (i.e. I almost got to go to Iraq to do BDA, but I showed up about a month too late.)

Plus, with jobs like those, if your really smart and have innitative, you can get some good hands-on opportunities.

Too bad you have to build stuff instead of blowing them up.

Better yet, you should just go become a pilot. Then you can come hang out with these assholes. :D

BENDY

Oh...and it's actually okay if you want to post here if your a shoe clerk, but you just can't start shoe clerk topics.

We have a couple resident shoe clerks...they're a'ight.

BENDY