PPR QUESTION

Guest wyhunter

Guest wyhunter

Deployed tactics guy. We're going to start using PPR's for certain airfields in theatre. The following question arose: do PPR's have an effective time? (i.e. +/- 1hr ETA). Looked through GP and other FLIP but can't find guidance.

Back home, if ETA ever changed, we'd just give OPS at arrival station a heads up over the phone but keep the same PPR. This always worked so I never questioned it. Anyway, now it's an issue.

Guest C-21 Pilot

As you probably know, the DOA "usually" hands out the PPR's based upon a slot time arrivial. I've never noticed it has an effective time or not because we are never late !!! This is also listed in the Enroute Sup (same as the IFR sup in the states)

For the C-21 and other USAFE Mobility aircraft, this is all done by AMOCC (Air Mobility Operations Control Center), and if you are deployed in theater, I'd assume that they would be the ones to do it for you.

Here's their number if you need more info

DSN:314-480-4147.

Although it might be different for a full-up fighter or a Herc, etc.... I've never had a problem being a little early or late with a PPR time, even though some places only give you + or - 30 minutes from your stated arrival time. Like I said though, it requires alot less support to turn a tweet that some of your bigger and more complex aircraft, so that might make a difference.

Guest lovelacm

Depends on the MOG (Max On Ground) at an airfield and their Ops Tempo. Always a good idea to ask the folks at BaseOps if their particular airfield has restrictions on how early/late you can be. One never knows what they'll get with MX, WX, etc.

Cheers!