Baseops Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest lukeabledsoe

Information on PIT (Pilot Instructor Training)

2 hours ago, Duck said:

As a prior Chief of PIT... you would be surprised. I’ll take the FAIP over the C-17 AC nine times out of ten.

Pretty damn embarrassing. 

14 hours ago, Standby said:

I think the point stands that a guy with any aircraft commander time should not need a waiver to be an UPT IP when we send fresh off the press Lt's to do the same job.

"Should" but not a reality. Gear up/auto pilot on with a decouple short final is a hell of an atrophy.

• Upvote 1

In other news:
Has anyone else recently been sent to PIT as an out and back from your MWS base?
My RIP is coded as an out and back and in classic Air Force fashion, UTM told me to call MPF career development, who told me to call my UTM, who gave me a phone number for a civ at AFPC who doesn’t answer their phone.

Also of note, the AFMAN listed on the RIP as the reference for the RIP doesn’t seem to exist anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have insight to the new T-6 PIT syllabus? The Website says 68 or 88 days depending on track?

is that a CSO IP versus UPT IP thing or what

Just now, jrobe said:

Anyone have insight to the new T-6 PIT syllabus? The Website says 68 or 88 days depending on track?

is that a CSO IP versus UPT IP thing or what

Go search trss3 aetc bookstore on the portal. There's a link 

51 minutes ago, LookieRookie said:

Go search trss3 aetc bookstore on the portal. There's a link 

Yup got it

Qualify rated pilots as T-6A Instructor Pilots (IPs) for T-6 Primary Pilot Training (PPT) or T-6 Pilot Instructor Training (PIT) or T-6 Undergraduate Combat System Officer Training.

Thanks

Edited by jrobe
I can read

In other news:
Has anyone else recently been sent to PIT as an out and back from your MWS base?
My RIP is coded as an out and back and in classic Air Force fashion, UTM told me to call MPF career development, who told me to call my UTM, who gave me a phone number for a civ at AFPC who doesn’t answer their phone.

Also of note, the AFMAN listed on the RIP as the reference for the RIP doesn’t seem to exist anymore.

What’s the AFMAN? That might help anyone help you.

1 hour ago, the g-man said:

In other news:

PM Sent- what was relayed to me from the AETC functional; CONUS PIT TDY’s can expect out-and-backs for the foreseeable future due to the possible start date changes. My class and a friends class start date rolled two months from the original RIP date.  

5 minutes ago, UDEL09 said:

PM Sent- what was relayed to me from the AETC functional; CONUS PIT TDY’s can expect out-and-backs for the foreseeable future due to the possible start date changes. My class and a friends class start date rolled two months from the original RIP date.  

I thought they were supposed to be out and backs due to fact you could wash out.  Only rare exceptions were approved

4 minutes ago, jrobe said:

I thought they were supposed to be out and backs due to fact you could wash out.  Only rare exceptions were approved

Could be.  My information is based on what the functional said to me over the phone and experiences of some of my squadron members. 

On 9/14/2018 at 5:15 PM, the g-man said:

In other news:

Im CONUS to CONUS, out & back to PIT in the spring. From talking to my functional he suggested OCONUS would equal tdy enroute, otherwise expect O&B. Having been a MDS FTU instructor and program manager my guess is it’s not as much to do about the ability to flex RNLT dates (paperwork drill) but rather if someone doesn’t complete training for any reason - medical, performance, etc. O&B they can easily return you to your previous base, enroute is a much more complicated problem  

• Like 2

Based on the quality of product from PIT it would take a lot to wash out.

Anyone have any recent experience with the Brollagio pit pad?  

Also wanted to ask if anyone (recent T-6 grads or especially pit instructors) would recommend spending time studying anything before arriving.  Or are you better off just waiting till you’re there?  I have the T-6 flying reg at work (forgetting the name at the moment) but haven’t dove too deep into it yet. I’ve read through this post and just looking for any pointers before heading that way. Any info is appreciated 

Question for anyone who went to T-38 PIT recently: did your class start on time, and did it end on time or run longer than 4 months? 

15 hours ago, Phase4 said:

Question for anyone who went to T-38 PIT recently: did your class start on time, and did it end on time or run longer than 4 months? 

Started on time.  Took 7 months.  The new syllabus, mx, and wx really messed things up for them.  I think we were almost 40 training days behind the day we showed up.  

• Like 1

One of my good friends was at 38 PIT in the last six months. He graduated about 2.5 months late. Wx and mx were the main reasons.