Information on PIT (Pilot Instructor Training)

Guest lukeabledsoe

14 hours ago, Standby said:

I think the point stands that a guy with any aircraft commander time should not need a waiver to be an UPT IP when we send fresh off the press Lt's to do the same job.

"Should" but not a reality. Gear up/auto pilot on with a decouple short final is a hell of an atrophy.

• Upvote 1

In other news:
Has anyone else recently been sent to PIT as an out and back from your MWS base?
My RIP is coded as an out and back and in classic Air Force fashion, UTM told me to call MPF career development, who told me to call my UTM, who gave me a phone number for a civ at AFPC who doesn’t answer their phone.

Also of note, the AFMAN listed on the RIP as the reference for the RIP doesn’t seem to exist anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, LookieRookie said:

Go search trss3 aetc bookstore on the portal. There's a link 

Yup got it

Qualify rated pilots as T-6A Instructor Pilots (IPs) for T-6 Primary Pilot Training (PPT) or T-6 Pilot Instructor Training (PIT) or T-6 Undergraduate Combat System Officer Training.

Thanks

Edited by jrobe
I can read

In other news:
Has anyone else recently been sent to PIT as an out and back from your MWS base?
My RIP is coded as an out and back and in classic Air Force fashion, UTM told me to call MPF career development, who told me to call my UTM, who gave me a phone number for a civ at AFPC who doesn’t answer their phone.

Also of note, the AFMAN listed on the RIP as the reference for the RIP doesn’t seem to exist anymore.

What’s the AFMAN? That might help anyone help you.

1 hour ago, the g-man said:

In other news:

PM Sent- what was relayed to me from the AETC functional; CONUS PIT TDY’s can expect out-and-backs for the foreseeable future due to the possible start date changes. My class and a friends class start date rolled two months from the original RIP date.  

5 minutes ago, UDEL09 said:

PM Sent- what was relayed to me from the AETC functional; CONUS PIT TDY’s can expect out-and-backs for the foreseeable future due to the possible start date changes. My class and a friends class start date rolled two months from the original RIP date.  

I thought they were supposed to be out and backs due to fact you could wash out.  Only rare exceptions were approved

4 minutes ago, jrobe said:

I thought they were supposed to be out and backs due to fact you could wash out.  Only rare exceptions were approved

Could be.  My information is based on what the functional said to me over the phone and experiences of some of my squadron members. 

On 9/14/2018 at 5:15 PM, the g-man said:

In other news:

Im CONUS to CONUS, out & back to PIT in the spring. From talking to my functional he suggested OCONUS would equal tdy enroute, otherwise expect O&B. Having been a MDS FTU instructor and program manager my guess is it’s not as much to do about the ability to flex RNLT dates (paperwork drill) but rather if someone doesn’t complete training for any reason - medical, performance, etc. O&B they can easily return you to your previous base, enroute is a much more complicated problem  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any recent experience with the Brollagio pit pad?  

Also wanted to ask if anyone (recent T-6 grads or especially pit instructors) would recommend spending time studying anything before arriving.  Or are you better off just waiting till you’re there?  I have the T-6 flying reg at work (forgetting the name at the moment) but haven’t dove too deep into it yet. I’ve read through this post and just looking for any pointers before heading that way. Any info is appreciated 

• 9 months later...
15 hours ago, Phase4 said:

Question for anyone who went to T-38 PIT recently: did your class start on time, and did it end on time or run longer than 4 months? 

Started on time.  Took 7 months.  The new syllabus, mx, and wx really messed things up for them.  I think we were almost 40 training days behind the day we showed up.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

For anyone who is looking for information on places to stay during PIT, I just wanted to share my experience at the Brollagio PIT Pad as I’ve really enjoyed living here for the last 3 months! The owners are very accommodating, the house is very comfortable and stylish, they stock the house with alcohol, and they give you a $125 move-in welcome gift for groceries, or whatever you want. I’m staying at Cypress Barn II house. Let me know if you have any questions!

Heres their website: https://www.brollagiopitpad.com/

• 10 months later...

Gotcha, I was a T-6 guy back in the day so your mileage will vary, however it was leave by exception only when I was at KRND back in the day.  However depending on the level of bro in the Cheetahs/how many do you know/how backed up are they you may be able to swing a couple days here or there.  I would really recommend taking as much leave as possible either before or after PIT.  You'll have a chance to take some once you show at your gaining base while you in process and get thru MQT (or whatever they call it) but after that it gets tougher as they'll want you to start double/triple turning pretty quick.  Best of luck.

Hey all,

Just got tagged for KRND PIT in a few months. I know shits gone all crazy with COVID, but does anyone know what the leave rules were as a PIT stud?

Any info is appreciated. Except the gouge from Nine Line, which is always suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Yeah, that checks. I also heard that PIT was super easy as long as your previous airframe was turboprop, turbofan or jet powered. If not, then the washout rate is close to 96.69%. Also, the rules only apply to FAIPs. Previous MWS dudes/dudettes can do whatever they want.

-9-

• Like 2

Yeah, that checks. I also heard that PIT was super easy as long as your previous airframe was turboprop, turbofan or jet powered. If not, then the washout rate is close to 96.69%. Also, the rules only apply to FAIPs. Previous MWS dudes/dudettes can do whatever they want.

-9-

Haha. Yeah. Idk why people think of formal training courses differently than deployments, but most of the rules are the same.