Water Survival information

Guest Piperpilot2004

the Non-Eject water survival in spokanistan is by far the worst possible thing to be doing still drunk/hungover. Strobes, loud speakers, water hoses, packed rafts, rolling waves. Be careful with those huge beers at Steam Plant the night before. Or don't.

the Non-Eject water survival in spokanistan is by far the worst possible thing to be doing still drunk/hungover. Strobes, loud speakers, water hoses, packed rafts, rolling waves. Be careful with those huge beers at Steam Plant the night before. Or don't.

Hahaha, this is great. Stories for life. I shall enjoy this very much when my time comes.

Guy in my class @ Pensacola was puking all morning on the second day and they booted him from the class.

We drank hard, slept little, and had a blast down there. Didn't hurt that it was the middle of July either...

Definitely looking forward to this. I go down to Pcola to Hurlburt to work with the 413th FTS from time to time. Love it down there.

• 2 weeks later...

Guy in my class @ Pensacola was puking all morning on the second day and they booted him from the class.

We drank hard, slept little, and had a blast down there. Didn't hurt that it was the middle of July either...

What happened to the dude they booted? How does that work? My alcohol abstinence skills are lacking...

What happened to the dude they booted? How does that work? My alcohol abstinence skills are lacking...

Other than probably getting his ass chewed, I think he just stayed down there for the remainder of that week, thru the weekend, and started again on Monday. Tough, I know.

That's just what some of the people who were hanging out with him told us.

Other than probably getting his ass chewed, I think he just stayed down there for the remainder of that week, thru the weekend, and started again on Monday. Tough, I know.

That's just what some of the people who were hanging out with him told us.

Plan formulated...

• 1 year later...

Anyone else out there recently go from a "non-parachute water survival" to a "parachute water survival" airframe? Apparently S-V86-A (parachute WST) is now 1 day at Fairchild and then the rest down at Pensacola. Does this check?

It seems a little wasteful that I need to go to opposite corners of the country to get one water survival course done, especially when the Fairchild portion is likely repeat stuff from "non-parachute water survival." Guess I'll plan on enjoying some brews at the Steam Plant and the extra TDY $$$ for the time being.

Anyone else out there recently go from a "non-parachute water survival" to a "parachute water survival" airframe? Apparently S-V86-A (parachute WST) is now 1 day at Fairchild and then the rest down at Pensacola. Does this check?

It seems a little wasteful that I need to go to opposite corners of the country to get one water survival course done, especially when the Fairchild portion is likely repeat stuff from "non-parachute water survival." Guess I'll plan on enjoying some brews at the Steam Plant and the extra TDY $$$ for the time being.

Is the one Fairchild day the Emergency Parachute training or whatever? Usually done at the same time as your SERE course, but since you didn't need it then, may be having to return now. Spokane's not bad.

You can do much better than the Steamplant.

The Elk, The Goat, No-Li, Waddels, etc.

Is the one Fairchild day the Emergency Parachute training or whatever? Usually done at the same time as your SERE course, but since you didn't need it then, may be having to return now. Spokane's not bad.

That could be it. I really don't know what the 1 day of training entails, it just seems like it could/should be done at Pcola, or at least was done there in the past from the previous post in this forum. I'll enjoy my free time in Spokane. Can't really complain, just want to make sure I'm not missing something because it seems weird to have to go to 2 locations.

You can do much better than the Steamplant.

The Elk, The Goat, No-Li, Waddels, etc.

Noted!

If so, plenty of PLFs in a rock pit.

That could be it. I really don't know what the 1 day of training entails, it just seems like it could/should be done at Pcola, or at least was done there in the past from the previous post in this forum. I'll enjoy my free time in Spokane. Can't really complain, just want to make sure I'm not missing something because it seems weird to have to go to 2 locations.

Noted!

If so, plenty of PLFs in a rock pit.

About 6 hrs worth and a painful rappel of about 20 feet.

Class can get done early which is clutch because it is taught on a Friday.

Wear a shitty flight suit.

SERE buddy of mine that works at P-Cola told me that they are closing down Water Survival there and moving it all to Fairchild this fall.

True story. FY 15 is the end of the era for PNS parachute water survival. The current Det CC is a CRO and fought the good fight for retaining the training, but apparently the powers that be decided it was no longer cost effective, given the program's mishap rate vs credited saves. It truly is a shame...