Things you should listen to drunk while on BO

Clark Griswold

BO didn't exist at the time, but I believe this memory and associated song fits in with the spirit of this thread (although I wasn't drunk during the experience.  Later, absolutely)

0230L

LCC Alpha-Zero, 69 feet under some of eastern North Dakota's finest soil, staring at the "Alert" and "Ready" lights on the top of each column while really hoping none of the fault lights or the "Enabled" or "Launch" lights illuminated:

s d

That was definitely a "How the hell did I get into this situation?"

Then doing it again for another 250-ish times over the next four years.

Edited by brickhistory
  • Upvote 1

So during my FO days I'm on a long Penang layover with a cool as former F-111 dude captain back in the day...we couldn't see eye to eye on my punk rock/metal taste...he was into country and jimmy buffett....so naturally, I suggested WWJ as we're stumbling back to the hotel. The look he gave me at showtime was priceless...

11 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

The song that played 6.9 times at the now-closed Scooters in Altus.

I went through in 82 so no Copperhead Road. I don't remember a Scooters.

On 4/5/2021 at 12:53 AM, Sua Sponte said:

The song that played 6.9 times at the now-closed Scooters in Altus.

Holy shit... Altus was my first thought too.  Only I was thinking Woody’s bar in the old motel on Broadway and Veterans circa 2008.  Now I gotta get drunk and listen to ‘Copperhead Road’. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hammered on a Wednesday evening; early retirement is either a little sad or a little ok...maybe both...

A Flock of Seagulls with the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra

Edited by brickhistory

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I have been known to drink PBR. Quick story, Cannon shoppette, just bought a 30 rack of PBR at 1700, music is playing. Almost a dozen folks stacked up at the door waiting for the music to stop. I punched through the crowd, got outside and proudly stood for the national anthem with my right hand on my heart and my left hand holding the PBR.

Pink bikini hotness here

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those of you that may have been to the Fireside and remember Memsie, this is exactly what she looked like 79-82. I have a picture of her somewhere at the HRT marina that I wish I could find. She was batshit crazy in and out of bed and I have the scars to prove it. Just what a twenty year old gunner needed. She was deported back to Thailand in the 90s.

1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife hates it when this song comes on. I sing along every time.

"...and little hurly burly gave my anus curl a whirty an asked me if I needed a ruuuunnnn.... Blinded by the light, wrapped up like a DOUCHE on a runner in the night"