Lufwaffe Elephant Walk...NOT

ClearedHot

So the Lufwaffe made a big deal about a supposed Elephant Walk of Typhoon Eurofighters...

Notice anything odd about the pictures?

All the jets are chocked and have no pilots...Basically they towed 18 jets out on the the runway, took a picture, and blasted social media...cool story Bruder.

393663889_ScreenShot2021-03-08at5_22_03PM.thumb.png.adc5d182dc6706435a23344ff404e9e7.png

EvywPy3WEAIS4fa?format=jpg&name=large

EvywPyvWEAEmN00?format=jpg&name=large

EvywPy4XYAA4l2x?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 2

Since no dead dinosaurs were harmed in the performance of this walk, I believe our sons of Galland refer to these as a:

Greta Walk.

image.jpeg.676f0b74d04ed526eae0613ee28901a8.jpeg

No, don't get up, I'll show myself out...

Edited by brickhistory
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

The German Eurofighter is pretty much combat irrelevant. Their community is a mess as well. Germany as a whole is barely a military ally.

This photo is pretty indicative of our NATO allies as a whole.

Some allies do better photo shoots than others, but pretty much all of them are paper tigers

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

The jets have no munitions on them either . This shows the opposite of what an elephant walk should show. I now doubt their combat readiness more than before I saw the pictures.

I remember in Herat Afghanistan the Italian Mangustas (their version of the Apache helo) would fly their patrols around the base with no ammo... simply there as a show of force, probably on our dime too

I remember in Herat Afghanistan the Italian Mangustas (their version of the Apache helo) would fly their patrols around the base with no ammo... simply there as a show of force, probably on our dime too

They can’t/won’t fly in the dark.

Keep in mind these guys and an NH90 utility helicopter were the on call CSAR for all of Northern Iraq during the fight against ISIS.

This was the reason my task force kept an air reaction force (82nd Platoon and 2x CH-47s) on dedicated stand by during the fight. We were honest in our summation that the Italians literally contributed nothing to the mission other than building us all a nice coffee shop in Erbil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 3/8/2021 at 6:23 PM, ClearedHot said:

So the Lufwaffe made a big deal about a supposed Elephant Walk of Typhoon Eurofighters...

Notice anything odd about the pictures?

All the jets are chocked and have no pilots...Basically they towed 18 jets out on the the runway, took a picture, and blasted social media...cool story Bruder.

393663889_ScreenShot2021-03-08at5_22_03PM.thumb.png.adc5d182dc6706435a23344ff404e9e7.png

EvywPy3WEAIS4fa?format=jpg&name=large

EvywPyvWEAEmN00?format=jpg&name=large

EvywPy4XYAA4l2x?format=jpg&name=large

Jesus, they didn’t even try. I guess mediocrity is their stretch goal.  Unsat. 

Keep in mind these guys and an NH90 utility helicopter were the on call CSAR for all of Northern Iraq during the fight against ISIS.

This was the reason my task force kept an air reaction force (82nd Platoon and 2x CH-47s) on dedicated stand by during the fight. We were honest in our summation that the Italians literally contributed nothing to the mission other than building us all a nice coffee shop in Erbil.

Poor Italy

Their public doesn’t support them. Their jets are 100% for photo ops and show.

The coalition asked their Eurofighters to pick up sone DCA caps over Syria...unable. They were there to take pictures.

Imagine using a €100M A/A fighter to do the job of an RPA.

Wait, never mind, just following our lead.

Except they can’t afford it.

They did nail those hourly CSAR SAT radio checks with JPRC. They sounded like N64 Mario.

"JPRC, it's-a me, Mario!"
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

They did nail those hourly CSAR SAT radio checks with JPRC. They sounded like N64 Mario.

"JPRC, it's-a me, Mario!"

They also refused to wear anything but speedo pants to work out in our gym.

That may have contributed to the shortage of sterile wipes for COVID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

Ya, it's a pretty ridiculous way of doing an elephant walk, but elephant walks in general are pretty dumb.  I'm sure with a few days notice, our mx force could get every jet on base in a condition to safely taxi, but what does that really do?  I'd be much more impressed with all these so called "elephant walks" if they launched all those jet to fly missions then, then turned them to fly 1 or 2 more times that day....and you still had a jets to fly your normal turn pattern the next day.  IDK, it's always been a weird flex to me.  

8 hours ago, di1630 said:

Imagine using a €100M A/A fighter to do the job of an RPA.

Wait, never mind, just following our lead.

Word!  Hell, even deploying a $40M fighter to do the job of an RPA...  Yay having an Army General in charge of the fighters, in a war that should have been shut down over a decade ago.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SocialD said:

Ya, it's a pretty ridiculous way of doing an elephant walk, but elephant walks in general are pretty dumb.  I'm sure with a few days notice, our mx force could get every jet on base in a condition to safely taxi, but what does that really do?  I'd be much more impressed with all these so called "elephant walks" if they launched all those jet to fly missions then, then turned them to fly 1 or 2 more times that day....and you still had a jets to fly your normal turn pattern the next day.  IDK, it's always been a weird flex to me.  

It's a PA photo op.  Nothing else...

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Lawman said:

Hello? Ever been to an Italian chow hall? Their deployed kitchens are the shit! I say the Italians are absolutely indispensable to the nutrition and morale of any NATO fighting force. Just tell them to not bother with the weaponry and focus on bringing good pasta, cappuccino, and vino to the fight! 

• Haha 1

Hello? Ever been to an Italian chow hall? Their deployed kitchens are the shit! I say the Italians are absolutely indispensable to the nutrition and morale of any NATO fighting force. Just tell them to not bother with the weaponry and focus on bringing good pasta, cappuccino, and vino to the fight! 

You know what... I stand corrected. The Italians know how to deploy and dine. Their chow hall had 16 oz mini bottles of wine you could just grab to go along with the Italian pasta dish of the day. It was like living in a dream until the command sgt major found the wine fridge and decided to post and guard it from American troops during chow times everyday. At least we could raid their coffee bar...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SocialD said:

If that's how they do an elephant walk then they're doing it wrong too. Mx should be generating jets to the wartime config in a designated time period. Every jet that taxis down the runway should be ready to take off meeting the wartime MESL. An elephant walk should be indistinguishable from a combat generation until the moment the jets get to the runway.

I spent 4 years living in Italy.

They can send their food and their women to whatever theatre and that would be magical, but somehow some damn fool thinks they should bring “combat power” to eat ramp space and force cap. Not to mention having to watch Speedo-suave and his Plumber palls try and out creepy leer at the hot Brigade surgeon who just wants to do her CrossFit in peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 1:1:1 said:

If that's how they do an elephant walk then they're doing it wrong too. Mx should be generating jets to the wartime config in a designated time period. Every jet that taxis down the runway should be ready to take off meeting the wartime MESL. An elephant walk should be indistinguishable from a combat generation until the moment the jets get to the runway.

Ya, but are they?  Either way, the point is that unless they actually launch them all to go fly missions and turn them to fly more, it's just a really expensive photo op...

• Upvote 1