Coming 2 America

M2

Hmm. I like Eddie Murphy a lot. His stand up comedy is brilliant. The original Coming to America was funny and a little edgy ("You may now clean the Royal penis") but that trailer makes the sequel look dull and potentially just a little woke.  

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2021 at 10:11 AM, Steve Davies said:

Hmm. I like Eddie Murphy a lot. His stand up comedy is brilliant. The original Coming to America was funny and a little edgy ("You may now clean the Royal penis") but that trailer makes the sequel look dull and potentially just a little woke.  

Don't judge it until you've seen the movie...

We just watched it and although I had serious reservations as well, I have to admit it was outstanding!

Big props to Murphy and Hall for balancing the old with the new!

I won't say any more until others have a chance to watch it, but it is definitely a great movie and I will probably watch it several more times as there are always subtle jokes that you don't catch the first time around.

Wesley Snipes playing a Dictator/General is by far my favorite part of this movie.... the whole “story book time with child soldiers” had me nearly piss myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Hmmm...   I must have missed some special nuances watching Coming 2.  In fact, I didn't understand it so much, that my opinion is that this film was just awful.  You'll just have to see it understand the reasons why I say that, after all I don't want to be called a racist.

Caveat: The Barbershop scenes were hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched it. Thought it was great. Not necessarily the most original storyline. Definitely cheesy in parts. But thoroughly enjoyable. Hot tip: stay past the credits and listen to John Legend sing “she’s your queen to be”. It’s hilarious and stunningly good at the same time. 

• Upvote 1