Extremism in the U.S. Military

ClearedHot

57 minutes ago, lloyd christmas said:

Are we automatically assuming this hypothetical racist is white?   When presented with the hypothetical scenario I bet the other assumption immediately made is that the racist is a male. 

Well, you're already automatically assumed to be a sexual predator in waiting, what's another name to the list?

49 minutes ago, Lecarpetron Dukemarriot said:

CMSAF Wokeness:  Hmmm, lots of people are not going along with our narrative.

Exec:  Ya, lots of people are countering our claims, maybe it's us?

CMSAF Wokeness:  LOL of course not...it's definitely not us.  Time to double down!

• Haha 1

We will NEVER achieve MLK's dream in this country because far too many people on both sides (your Al Sharptons and David Dukes, et al) make a good living stirring up racial animus.  And far too many listen to those fools.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

We will NEVER achieve MLK's dream in this country because far too many people on both sides (your Al Sharptons and David Dukes, et al) make a good living stirring up racial animus.  And far too many listen to those fools.  

This. Fear is a great way to consolidate and maintain power.

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

I think we’re probably worse off now than we were in the 60’s, at least in terms of race relations. 

I remember the 60s, do you? What you see in news footage from then is all whites beating blacks. There was plenty of blacks beating whites too. 1968, my uncle and I were stopped at a gate going into his property, he was trying to find the key to the lock. About a dozen black dudes came toward us yelling "kill whitey" and other stuff. The only thing that turned them around was when my uncle pulled his pistol. He asked them "who's first?" This was in Georgia by the way.

6 hours ago, lloyd christmas said:

Are we automatically assuming this hypothetical racist is white?   When presented with the hypothetical scenario I bet the other assumption immediately made is that the racist is a male. 

Yep, that is the assumption. Just like when the creepy white dude shoots up asian massage parlors, it’s automatically “WHITE SUPREMACY!!!!”  Turn out this dude actually had some weird sexual/religious stuff going on in his effed up/disgusting brain. 

Meanwhile, actual targeted assaults on Asians (happened in NY and CA, surprise surprise) that were committed nearly 100% by black Americans, have barely been mentioned on the news. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lecarpetron Dukemarriot said:

Yeah they are both wrong and constitute extremism, why is that such a difficult concept to some people?

15 hours ago, Tiger said:

I think we’re probably worse off now than we were in the 60’s, at least in terms of race relations.  I mean, I was reading about that all black JSTARs crew and how the AF was saying that was such a great thing.  Isn’t that the exact thing that men like MLK worked to fight against?  I don’t know, maybe I’m wrong, but I thought the idea here was to integrate people, not segregate.

I don't know about the 60s...but it does feel like we've lost a lot of ground since the 90s.