Would declining UFT in AD affect ANG chance?

EWOhno

Hello all,

I applied for the AD 2021 UFT board and got RPA. I was going for pilot, but was selected for URT. If I decline URT it will disqualify me from ever applying to UFT again due to my age waiver I received for the board. Does that mean if I declined and tried for a guard Upt slot that I would be disqualified as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

7 hours ago, EWOhno said:

Hello all,

I applied for the AD 2021 UFT board and got RPA. I was going for pilot, but was selected for URT. If I decline URT it will disqualify me from ever applying to UFT again due to my age waiver I received for the board. Does that mean if I declined and tried for a guard Upt slot that I would be disqualified as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

To the the best of my knowledge no it does not. Only bars you from AD applications/selection. I have multiple AD friends that have twice declined a rated position offered and can now no longer apply AD. They plan on fulfilling their AD commitment and then going guard/reserve. Your situation is a little different with the age waiver instead of 2 denials, but I don't see why that would be any different and bar you from guard/reserve. Just talk with units you are interested in and see if they will entertain an age waiver for you. Best of luck

I technically did this and I don’t think there was a single waiver. Only difference is that I was selected AD pilot, then interviewed with and was selected by a unit, then declined the AD spot. Not sure if that’s enough of a difference from your situation, but there weren’t any hang ups for me. 

• 1 year later...