AD disability prior to ANG flying

Bertamus47

I’m leaving AD Army (non-aviation) for an AF ANG unit. I have a couple mild medical issues linked to rucking which could garner some disability. Are they worth claiming prior to FC1 and ANG service? I suspect claiming them would cause more trouble than they’re worth. Obviously the ANG slot is much more important to me than x amount of disability, but any input is appreciated. 

6 hours ago, Bertamus47 said:

I’m leaving AD Army (non-aviation) for an AF ANG unit. I have a couple mild medical issues linked to rucking which could garner some disability. Are they worth claiming prior to FC1 and ANG service? I suspect claiming them would cause more trouble than they’re worth. Obviously the ANG slot is much more important to me than x amount of disability, but any input is appreciated. 

I don't know how much this helps you make the decision regarding the FCI, but consider that if the medical conditions you describe are in your military medical record, they will come to light whether you file for disability or not.  The fact that you claim/have disability shouldn't change the decision on your FCI.  Those decision should be based solely on the results of your exam.

I think someone on this board posted that they received disability for a hearing loss, but passed the FCI hearing test.  So, things like that happen.

• Thanks 1