The Purge Pt 2 is coming

08Dawg

15 hours ago, brabus said:

And you’re crazy if you think there aren’t creative solutions out there...

I've had diplomatic "tea" in a dry (in both senses), exclusively Islamic (as they'd like to claim) country.

I'd be interested in how creative those solutions are, and why only certain water fountains are so meticulously maintained, too...

It’s still a thousand times better than AD, despite the bullshit alcohol policies that exist in some places. And you’re crazy if you think there aren’t creative solutions out there...

One more loss for the guard. We now have to take PT tests on the AD schedule instead of once a year.

15 hours ago, Guardian said:

One more loss for the guard. We now have to take PT tests on the AD schedule instead of once a year.

That's for AGRs.  Add this to very long, but distinguished, list of reasons to be a DSG (Drill-Status Guardsman for you AD folk).  Seriously, don't be full time!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/11/2021 at 5:18 PM, Guardian said:

Do they not just hand you the PT test paperwork and say “come back looking tired with it filled in”. 🧐

The days of the base “fun run” with a keg at the end are gone even from the guard; at least pencil-whipping isn’t entirely dead.

Edited by Bergman
  • Upvote 2

Do they not just hand you the PT test paperwork and say “come back looking tired with it filled in”. 🧐

The days of the base “fun run” with a keg at the end are gone even from the guard; at least pencil-whipping isn’t entirely dead.

On a completely unrelated note, what base are you at?

1 hour ago, Bergman said:

Those days went away when they stopped letting a pilot run the PT program.  They don't call them the good ole days for nothing.   The old saying "this isn't your daddies ANG," doesn't even apply anymore...it's not even close to the ANG I joined 20 years ago.

That's back when "mandatory fun" was genuinely fun and everyone WANTED to participate!  Back when a trip to Alpena meant some awesome shenanigans when the entire wing would end up at the River Club.  If those walls could talk... 😳

1 hour ago, Guardian said:

He's at the best base there is....retired!  But the things of which he speaks used to be at pretty much every base.  Then cell phones/cameras happened...

Edited by SocialD
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2021 at 12:19 AM, Guardian said:

Now now, the reason pencil-whipping is a lost art is because too many people run their mouths and give management no choice but to crush it.  As was mentioned, I retired last year so just waxing nostalgic about the good old days of 2018-2019.  I did see this sort of thing at several tanker bases however.  

Heh, amateurs. We had an illustrious guy at a former unit I shall not name, no sh-t sit out lap #5 on the back bleachers where the turn provided cover, and got back in the peloton at the white flag. Can't make this stuff up. Proctor didn't see it, but enlisted AD clipboard holder caught it. Splash one FGO bandit. Copy kill. Paperwork city. 

We got our diapers ration thereafter and lost control of our internal proctoring at the host base. #FUBIJAR apparently wasn't a good enough alibi. 

At least fitness-by-phone retains more plausible deniability. Taking your 3-3 cues from a Bugs Bunny cartoon wasn't that solid of a plan in hindsight. 😄 

• Haha 2

I’ll ad one to the PT test stories. Years ago two aviators took the mass PT test. Mind you this was at the height of the “we now will do the AD test era” in our reserve unit. 

Both knew they could not pass the run. The running course circles the wing HQ.  Sooo they decide to cut through the HQ building ensuring a passing run time.  Got caught. 

The 05 gets a pass and “should not have done that talk”the O2 gets paperwork.   

O5 made O6.  O2 got out. 

Merica.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...