The Purge Pt 2 is coming

08Dawg

Well fellas, since the manning crisis has been solved by Covid, that frees up some resources to boot the undesirables.

As we all know, there is no possible way airline hiring is going to pick back up ever again, so no real need to be concerned with manning or the morale of some of the most highly trained people we have.  Carry on.

#fuckingidiots

Edited by Bergman
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 08Dawg said:

This is making the rounds on social media. 93d and 28th Bomb Squadrons can just kiss their patches goodbye. 

The 28th BS, at least, had their patch approved by treaty with the Mohawk tribe/nation and it was updated in the late-90s IIRC. It also takes the tribe's approval to change it from what I understand.  

Edited by pbar
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, pawnman said:

Don't forget the 34th.  Cultural appropriation using the Native American Thunderbird like that.

God I would love to see the Thunderbirds have to change their mascot because of shit like this...GD that would be funny.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Kiloalpha said:

Meaning Gen. Brown was actually in support of this all along... and all those “he’s a good dude” stories I’d heard were BS. Fantastic.

6 hours ago, Guardian said:

As for Brown. Some of this could be the unstoppable train. But it could be him. Who knows. I just hope he’s better than fingers.

In fairness, I will point out that the signature above his belongs to his civilian boss - remember, just because he's a four-star doesn't mean he answers to no one...

Personally, I'm just looking forward to seeing what gets classified as "inappropriate" this time around. Should provide good fodder for roll-calls (when they come back). Last round, dudes had to take down pictures of their family's beach vacation because their wife happened to be wearing a bikini. I shit you not.

Just now, ViperMan said:

In fairness, I will point out that the signature above his belongs to his civilian boss - remember, just because he's a four-star doesn't mean he answers to no one...

Personally, I'm just looking forward to seeing what gets classified as "inappropriate" this time around. Should provide good fodder for roll-calls (when they come back). Last round, dudes had to take down pictures of their family's beach vacation because their wife happened to be wearing a bikini. I shit you not.

And you couldn't have a copy of Runner's World or other fitness magazines if a woman was on the cover in a sports bra.

But shirtless men were OK.

My guess is that this is most likely an attempt to reduce overtly racist or sexist official imagery. How or why someone would still be overtly racist or sexist in this modern era is beyond me. I personally don’t see it in my corner of the Air Force, but just a few short years ago we saw an entire UPT base decapitated for a sexist naming party gone awry. So it’s still out there. 

9 hours ago, Homestar said:

My guess is that this is most likely an attempt to reduce overtly racist or sexist official imagery. How or why someone would still be overtly racist or sexist in this modern era is beyond me. I personally don’t see it in my corner of the Air Force, but just a few short years ago we saw an entire UPT base decapitated for a sexist naming party gone awry. So it’s still out there. 

To be fair, the same name was suggested for a male student 6-9 months prior, for the same mistakes made by each. So...sexist...no. Poor taste, sure. And neither of them were actually named that (although the dudes was pretty close).

Edited by Inertia17

3 hours ago, Inertia17 said:

To be fair, the same name was suggested for a male student 6-9 months prior, for the same mistakes made by each. So...sexist...no. Poor taste, sure. And neither of them were actually named that (although the dudes was pretty close).

Standard AF.  One person shits their pants.....

On 1/5/2021 at 7:16 AM, Clark Griswold said:

I'm sure the Russian and Chinese Air Forces just published similar guidance.

A lot of tough talk on “Accelerate Change or Lose,” to Russia and China yet waste time on this PC BS.  AF leadership is probably just trying to preemptively toe the line with one of the many “priorities” of the incoming administration. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 1:00 AM, Bergman said:

Well fellas, since the manning crisis has been solved by Covid, that frees up some resources to boot the undesirables.

As we all know, there is no possible way airline hiring is going to pick back up ever again, so no real need to be concerned with manning or the morale of some of the most highly trained people we have.  Carry on.

#fuckingidiots

Idiotic fuckery has gone from linear to accelerating exponentially.  I'm inside of 100 days to retirement eligibility.  Planning on staying another year or so, but damn, retirement looks better and better every day!

21 hours ago, ViperMan said:

This was my first thought as well.  The last one was filled with plenty of bullshit like you and pawnman reference.  I nominate this thread as the place to post all the bullshit we'll likely be seeing in the next 6-9 months.   

16 hours ago, 08Dawg said:

But perfectly acceptable to sell at the BX. 

Lol, that's kind of a running joke on our base.  Illegal to have alcohol on base, but it's perfectly fine for the shopette to sell it.