Tulsi Gabbard, a democrat I could behind. STS

arg

Say what you want about Ed Snowden. What he revealed about surveillance programs against the US is unconstitutional. I stand behind Tulsi on this. Great to see this become a bipartisan bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, CDAWG said:

Say what you want about Ed Snowden. What he revealed about surveillance programs against the US is unconstitutional. I stand behind Tulsi on this. Great to see this become a bipartisan bill.

No one ever said what he revealed wasn't important. The problem was that he didn't do it through existing whistleblower channels endangering completely unrelated US assets in the process. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

No one ever said what he revealed wasn't important. The problem was that he didn't do it through existing whistleblower channels endangering completely unrelated US assets in the process. 

Couldn’t agree more. Point is some people only view him as a traitor and lose sight of what he leaked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why not both?

Well I would say Ed Snowden is a traitor but I’m glad to know the truth about the US spying on our own citizens. I’m also happy to see Tulsi fight for our basic constitutional rights.

56 minutes ago, CDAWG said:

Well I would say Ed Snowden is a traitor but I’m glad to know the truth about the US spying on our own citizens. I’m also happy to see Tulsi fight for our basic constitutional rights.

Own? They were even spying Allies and not telling them under the PRISM program.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

On 12/19/2020 at 9:13 AM, SurelySerious said:

And the fucking French!

I did an exchange with the French.  They don't try in any way, shape or form to hide the fact they they are constantly collecting information on us.  Must be taught in their basic training because EVERYONE did it.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, slackline said:

I did an exchange with the French.  They don't try in any way, shape or form to hide the fact they they are constantly collecting information on us.  Must be taught in their basic training because EVERYONE did it.

I mean in a lot of ways the French 🥖invented modern spycraft, so that doesn't surprise me. 

We are actually relatively new at it and had no spy services prior to WW2. While technologically we've come very far, I don't think we are as adept at the nuances of it compared to older states. 

Edited by FLEA
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1