How tough is it to get a waiver these days?

Cespinoza

Stats below, originally joined the Navy with a pilot slot and right before OCS graduation I got the "NAMI Whammi" for self diagnosing migraines. Haven't had one in over 10 years. Had a good shot with Reno ANG but COVID fixed their manning issue cancelling the board to which I was applying. Looking to join a unit preferably on the west coast but will probably need 3 waivers- Age, Commissioned service, migraines. Anyone have an idea if I have a shot (pilot or CSO) or should I just stick with the devil I know? Thanks in advance.

Current Age 34

Commercial SEL/MEL Inst rated

Scores: Pilot 99 Nav 97 AA 79 Verb 96 Quant 50

PCSM 99 I have 160+hrs

B.S. Aeronautical Science ERAU 

Masters in Logistics and Supply Chain Mgmt ERAU

Currently commissioned in the Navy. Have 10 years in.

• 8 months later...
On 12/10/2020 at 11:04 PM, Cespinoza said:

Stats below, originally joined the Navy with a pilot slot and right before OCS graduation I got the "NAMI Whammi" for self diagnosing migraines. Haven't had one in over 10 years. Had a good shot with Reno ANG but COVID fixed their manning issue cancelling the board to which I was applying. Looking to join a unit preferably on the west coast but will probably need 3 waivers- Age, Commissioned service, migraines. Anyone have an idea if I have a shot (pilot or CSO) or should I just stick with the devil I know? Thanks in advance.

Current Age 34

Commercial SEL/MEL Inst rated

Scores: Pilot 99 Nav 97 AA 79 Verb 96 Quant 50

PCSM 99 I have 160+hrs

B.S. Aeronautical Science ERAU 

Masters in Logistics and Supply Chain Mgmt ERAU

Currently commissioned in the Navy. Have 10 years in.

• 1 month later...

hi shipmate.. how are ya !? i just logged onto this forum 5 minutes ago and I'm kind of on a similar boat.were you able to get some answers on age waivers and get a cso or pilot slot.my stats

Education: Aerospace Engineering
School: ERAU Prescott AZ
flight experience: T6 PRIMARY COMPLETE, TH-57 incomplete (175)
Time in service: 8 years
EAS: 2024 November

I am yet to take the AFOQT exam and I would want to go active duty as a wso or cso.
im new to this whole thing and would like to get back in the cockpit after my contract with the usmc and fly f15ex or B-1 bomber. please any help or response would be helpful. im really concerned about the age waiver.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk