WOFT Packet Chances Without Army Recommendations

twhitton

I am a 25 yr old college graduate who used to work as a geologist and now has plans to apply to the WOFT program. So far my packet looks decent:

I have a 99 AFQT on ASVAB test.

69 SIFT

GPA 3.0 with two undergraduate degrees.

The only problem is I have only a former marine pilot and the previous professional engineer I worked under as recommendations. I can get plenty of letters of recommendations in my previous career field, but my recruiter is adamant I need an Army Pilot's rec. What are my chances of getting in without the army pilot letter of recommendation, and what are tips for anyone who also struggled with this.

Thank you for any help, and if this is a repetitive post could someone direct me towards a related thread.

My understanding for a civilian going WOFT is that a LOR from a current pilot is extremely important. That being said, I also thought that the recruiter would introduce an applicant to a few pilots, and you would have the chance to talk to them and stay in contact; potentially getting an LOR from them.

They want to see that you want it, and putting yourself out there and getting to know the pilots is part of that.

Dude you’ll be fine.

I got it with a recommendation from a retired Army Major (from the 80s) and an enlisted Navy Chief.

We are so short of manpower across Army aviation they literally don’t care. The recommendations merely show you aren’t some crazy with no friends. It could be from a pastor or a high school track coach, it’s just a matter or proving you have social skills and a decent work ethic.

You’re recruiter is an E5/6 who like so many is freaked out about the process of WOFT because it’s not what they normally do. If need be hit me up in PM and give me Sgt whoever’s info. Worst case he’s gonna hear fro Chief to knock it off and drive forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk