Enlisted aircrew not saluting?

KPPV1

9 hours ago, Scooter14 said:

So yeah, like they said, YMMV and it doesn’t hurt to say “hey, what’s your story” because that story may be interesting.

I'll give you the flip side to my story above.

I was grooming a CGO for WIC. On a feedback with the CGO he was instructed to update his records as his records didn't show that the CGO had a degree (ANY not advanced) listed on the CGO's RIP. Started to peel the story back... turns out the CGO didn't have a degree, and paid $300 for a fake transcript on the dark web to get commissioned. Currently the CGO is a SSgt in Leavenworth. 

No extenuating circumstances, saw it as the path of least resistance (testified under oath)...

Things that make you go "huh..." 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, brabus said:

Wow. Out of curiosity, if his fake degree wasn’t “in the system,” how did he commission in the first place, let alone make it to Capt (assuming)?

Purchased the "transcript" and used it as part of the commissioning package in the ANG. No one ever asked to see the actual degree at any point beyond that. 

1 hour ago, abmwaldo said:

I was grooming a CGO for WIC. On a feedback with the CGO he was instructed to update his records as his records didn't show that the CGO had a degree (ANY not advanced) listed on the CGO's RIP. Started to peel the story back... turns out the CGO didn't have a degree, and paid $300 for a fake transcript on the dark web to get commissioned. Currently the CGO is a SSgt in Leavenworth. 

No extenuating circumstances, saw it as the path of least resistance (testified under oath)...

I'm assuming the "Leavenworth" is for drama only.

3 hours ago, abmwaldo said:

Grand Forks had a KC-135 pilot that did the same thing years ago. Around 2003-2005 AFIT had a software glitch that showed some officers didn’t have a bachelors degree. His commander at the time just assume that what was wrong with his records and told him to just send in his college transcript to fix his records. After getting the push for his masters, it comes out he never graduated college. Apparently he went to a smaller college and did ROTC at a bigger university. His college academic year ran longer than the one where the ROTC detachment was at and the ROTC Commander allowed him to commission with the rest of the seniors. He ended up failing some finals and never told anyone, but he was a 2Lt and on his way to UPT.

His Sq Commander went to bat for him to take night school to finish his degree, but the Wing King booted him. Last I heard he was a Warrant flying some Army helos.

1 hour ago, Sua Sponte said:

His Sq Commander went to bat for him to take night school to finish his degree, but the Wing King booted him. Last I heard he was a Warrant flying some Army helos.

Might’ve been the best thing that ever happened to him. WOs are the happiest military aviators I’ve ever met. 

Probably not the same as what the OP is describing, but there are at least a couple dozen (maybe around a hundred?) of civilian AF flyers (99% separated/retired/reservist Os), that obviously don't wear rank (so the can appear as Es from a distance), but wear radiator wings... Pretty hilarious sometimes when someone tries to dress them down for pretty much anything related to proper uniform and customs and courteousies... Usually the not wearing a cover gets people angry from a distance and after they get close and/or start yelling the usually catch on, but not always...

2 hours ago, Tonka said:

Probably not the same as what the OP is describing, but there are at least a couple dozen (maybe around a hundred?) of civilian AF flyers (99% separated/retired/reservist Os), that obviously don't wear rank (so the can appear as Es from a distance), but wear radiator wings... Pretty hilarious sometimes when someone tries to dress them down for pretty much anything related to proper uniform and customs and courteousies... Usually the not wearing a cover gets people angry from a distance and after they get close and/or start yelling the usually catch on, but not always...

Yep, had a contractor coworker start to get "chiefed" by an E-9 about sunglasses on his head. The look on the E-9s face after he got about four words into the "chiefing" was priceless.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 11:47 PM, arg said:

Yep, had a contractor coworker start to get "chiefed" by an E-9 about sunglasses on his head. The look on the E-9s face after he got about four words into the "chiefing" was priceless.

Yup, this happened to me, in the BX food court, by the Wing Command Chief, lol.  I also has my sleeves pushed up.  It was amazing!

• Upvote 2