Rushing Units

Afternoon all, 

I have a few questions regarding rushing units, if I can even visit the ones I'd like to due to covid. My main question is, should I show up in uniform as I'm a DSG ANG enlisted member even though I'm in civilian status? My plan is to fly to an airport nearby, grab a FBO vehicle and visit the squadron. I don't want to show up in civilian clothes and introduce myself as TSgt and look like a tard doing so. Thanks 

4 hours ago, aftbears said:

Afternoon all, 

I have a few questions regarding rushing units, if I can even visit the ones I'd like to due to covid. My main question is, should I show up in uniform as I'm a DSG ANG enlisted member even though I'm in civilian status? My plan is to fly to an airport nearby, grab a FBO vehicle and visit the squadron. I don't want to show up in civilian clothes and introduce myself as TSgt and look like a tard doing so. Thanks 

As a enlisted guy myself i also have the same question 

I’ll echo what @brabus said. Wear UOD and introduce yourself normally.  We’ll see what your rank is, and frankly don’t really care what your rank is. Be yourself, listen to conversations, contribute when you can, and don’t get too hammered!

Also, never show up empty handed....

I wore mine and was glad I did. It helps move conversations along as it already tells part of your story and establishes some common ground. Plus, there's the benefit of having your name on your chest, which can only make it easier to remember.

• 1 month later...

If there’s a hiring board announced, contact the POC to set up a visit. If there’s not a current hiring board in the works, then try contacting the unit recruiter and setting up a visit through them. That said, I imagine visits are still a no-go currently at most squadrons. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but the OP was asking about whether or not to wear uniform as a DSG in the NG. What is the consensus about those on IRR? I haven't been on orders in 2 years but am still in the IRR (Army). It would definitely stand out being "that Army guy" in a sea of AF/civilian applicants but I would hate to do something stupid, like drop the ball on customs and courtesy after being out of practice for a couple years. 

On 1/26/2021 at 8:23 AM, dusty18 said:

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but the OP was asking about whether or not to wear uniform as a DSG in the NG. What is the consensus about those on IRR? I haven't been on orders in 2 years but am still in the IRR (Army). It would definitely stand out being "that Army guy" in a sea of AF/civilian applicants but I would hate to do something stupid, like drop the ball on customs and courtesy after being out of practice for a couple years. 

Would probably roll with a suit and tie in that case. They will know your prior service from your package. But, my knowledge on IRR is abysmal. Just my .02