Are my chances any good as a CFI?

ditchdog

Hey everybody, just got my scores in. Thanks in advance for reading, and let me know your thoughts or if there's any additional information I can provide. I'll try my best to keep it brief.

I'll preface my AFOQT scores by saying my quantitative is embarrassingly bad, I know. The time limit really threw my off guard and seriously stressed me out. 

Pilot: 91

Nav: 79

AA: 58

Verbal: 90

Quantitative: 29

PCSM: 95 with 900 hours

A bit about me, I'm a current CFI-I, former part 135 airline Captain. I have hours and a lot of experience in a ride array of airframes, including a good amount of turbine time. I'd like to fly heavies around the world in either the AFR or ANG, but am seriously open to any airframe. I'd just be blessed to get a slot.

Education: Undergrad in Aviation Science, 4.0 GPA, Summa Cum Laude, Phi Theta Kappa HS, Dean's list. My volunteer experience includes my Eagle Scout project, and I was also a church missionary once upon a time helping the less-fortunate by doing service projects in another city for a couple years. 

I have no former military experience. My recruiter also says OTS/UPT is really backed up right now. Anyone have any more info or scuttlebutt on that? Anyway, thanks again for your time and let me know what you think!

Edited by ditchdog
typo

Scores look good. Pilot/Nav/PCSM are the meat and potatoes of that section of the application, the rest of your resume and cover letter will speak for you as far as being a well rounded person/a guy they want to interview. Did you do anything outside of school work during college? Sports or clubs or anything? You'll want to have something to touch on aside from school, not that excelling in college isn't great, but like I said, well rounded is key. A lot of units hire guys with no mil experience such as myself, so its not the biggest factor, but with some units it makes a difference. They all do they're own thing as far as hiring goes. OTS/UPT are backed up for sure, the whole hiring process is. I got hired Nov 19 and just had my FC1 exam end of September. Still have roughly 4 weeks before I can even apply for OTS dates. Everything is slow (-er than normal) so be prepared for that. 

12 hours ago, ryleypav said:

Did you do anything outside of school work during college? Sports or clubs or anything? You'll want to have something to touch on aside from school, not that excelling in college isn't great, but like I said, well rounded is key.

Yes, I was in a club in HS and did some sports at that level too. I just realized my OP makes me sound like a robot; I have a lot of interests in my life and I’ll be sure to include the things outside aviation! Thanks for the input!