Enlisted Guard Hopeful

LAW428

Hello, I’m a 23 year old TSgt crew chief at a fighter unit. 

pilot-86, Nav- 65, AA- 30, V- 52, Q- 16

PCSM-91, with 102hrs and instrument rating

3.1 GPA and a business degree.

The AFOQT quantitative score is pretty ugly, but other than that I feel like I’m fairly competitive. Have been on many deployments with lots of experience. 

Would like some input. Thanks 

I'd say that you have a strong advantage with being a crew chief at your unit, assuming that's the unit you're shooting to join. Flight experience looks solid. However, your scores are well below the averages fighter boards are seeing. I would really consider studying your ass off and retaking it, even if all your eggs are only in your unit's basket. It's my opinion that if you were to look at other units outside of your own, you'd be fighting a much harder battle. How are your letters?

8 minutes ago, ayz33 said:

I'd say that you have a strong advantage with being a crew chief at your unit, assuming that's the unit you're shooting to join. Flight experience looks solid. However, your scores are well below the averages fighter boards are seeing. I would really consider studying your ass off and retaking it, even if all your eggs are only in your unit's basket. It's my opinion that if you were to look at other units outside of your own, you'd be fighting a much harder battle. How are your letters?

My letter are from the: State command chief, maintenance commander, and supervisor 

45 minutes ago, LAW428 said:

The AFOQT quantitative score is pretty ugly, but other than that I feel like I’m fairly competitive. Have been on many deployments with lots of experience. 

Think your scores are great dude, PCSM in the 90’s means you’re qualified and would beat out or compete with most other applicants, has been said a lot on this forum pilot section takes the precedence over the other categories so I wouldn’t retake it. Having a background as a crew chief is a huge plus, also how did you make E-6 so quickly? Lol 

To me that shows you’re able to take on a lot of responsibility, liked among your peers/command, and a motivated person. Nice job. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LAW428 said:

Hey man, just here for some words of encouragement.

You have a higher PCSM that I do, you have more flight hours than I do, your AFOQT scores are almost identical to mine, your GPA is lower than mine however by .4 points, but you also have military experience that I don't.

I was selected as an alternate at a fighter unit with numbers like you have, I think you're competitive if we are just talking scores alone.

You must have done extremely well on the TBAS...I plan to retake mine in a few months so I can get a solid PCSM like yours. Good luck!

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 10:56 AM, Dangerzone said:

Think your scores are great dude, PCSM in the 90’s means you’re qualified and would beat out or compete with most other applicants, has been said a lot on this forum pilot section takes the precedence over the other categories so I wouldn’t retake it. Having a background as a crew chief is a huge plus, also how did you make E-6 so quickly? Lol 

To me that shows you’re able to take on a lot of responsibility, liked among your peers/command, and a motivated person. Nice job. 

I made it by enlisting when i was 17, and good timing!