Shoot it Straight, Guard/Res Hopeful

Alright, short and simple heres what I have got

-3.79GPA in Business Admin., Deans list from the start of my time in college

-private pilot 107 hrs

-AFOQT Scores: Pilot- 97....Nav-74....Acad. Apt.-35....Verbal-45....Quant.-29

(Acad Apt and Quant are my main concern)

-PCSM: 89

-Currently enlisted guard crew chief: Have a deployment, handful of TDYs, and volunteer multiple state activations

-airmen of the year nominee (was not awarded=had not deployed was the reason I was told), honor grad BMT, distinguished grad tech school

-extensive civilian work experience starting from beginning of high school

-3 letters of reccomenndation: One from retired eagle driver and UPT instructor, One from a current ANG pilot, and last one is a cumulative letter from ANG direct supervisor, SMSGT section supervisor, and shop Cheif

Alright, short and simple heres what I have got
-3.79GPA in Business Admin., Deans list from the start of my time in college
-private pilot 107 hrs
-AFOQT Scores: Pilot- 97....Nav-74....Acad. Apt.-35....Verbal-45....Quant.-29
                       (Acad Apt and Quant are my main concern)
-PCSM: 89
-Currently enlisted guard crew chief: Have a deployment, handful of TDYs, and volunteer multiple state activations
-airmen of the year nominee (was not awarded=had not deployed was the reason I was told), honor grad BMT, distinguished grad tech school
-extensive civilian work experience starting from beginning of high school
-3 letters of reccomenndation: One from retired eagle driver and UPT instructor, One from a current ANG pilot, and last one is a cumulative letter from ANG direct supervisor, SMSGT section supervisor, and shop Cheif

Sounds like you didn't do great on the TBAS.

Everything else looks good. (Edit: Removed since I misread the original post)

I'd apply for a while, and if you aren't having any luck, consider retaking the TBAS.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

15 hours ago, N730 said:

Sounds like you didn't do great on the TBAS.

Everything else looks good. Also, while it may be the truth (and I'm sure you know this). I wouldn't parade that the bad scores "aren't my main concern". Some units will care, but most won't.

I'd apply for a while, and if you aren't having any luck, consider retaking the TBAS.

Sweet, maybe you misread but its not that scores "aren't" my concern.....rather, that was my concern. Hoping they are good enough to get the interview and then I have the chance to show myself outside of scores. Copy on the TBAS, I will likely take that again when able. Thanks for the critique!

Sweet, maybe you misread but its not that scores "aren't" my concern.....rather, that was my concern. Hoping they are good enough to get the interview and then I have the chance to show myself outside of scores. Copy on the TBAS, I will likely take that again when able. Thanks for the critique!
My bad... definitely misread! Like I said, only a few units seem to really care about all your scores, but some do. I'd definitely prioritize the TBAS over AFOQT since you did awesome on the pilot.

If you're wanting heavies, you may be fine, but for fighters, I'd try to bump it up. Good luck, and if you didn't use the flash cards to prep for the first part of the TBAS, look for those.