Guard/Reserve Fighter Pilot Hopeful

7thokage

**Goal:** Fly fighters for the guard/reserve (preferably F35 or F16) and support these technologies as an aerospace engineer on the civilian side

**Personality:** Resolute, sociable, resilient

**Degree:** B.S Aerospace Engineering (Partial Masters) GPA: 3.3

**AFOQT:** P97, N89, A79, V67, Q81

**PCSM:** 94 w/ 21 hours (99 81-100)

**PPL:** Trying to finish, although I might not be able to afford it. I've already started solo's

**LOR's:** Ret 06 F18 Wing Commander and Lockheed Director, Ret 06 First B2 instructor pilot and B2 Operations Group Commander and current Test pilot, Current 06 Squadron Commander

**Experience:**

* 3 years of technical engineering experience with Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, and Sparton Defense and Security supporting 4th and 5th gen aircraft

* Advanced Tactical Missiles

* F35 EOTS

* Northrop Strike Systems

* Maritime warfare technologies

* Senior Airman USAF Reserves

* Technical lead

* 5 EPR rating

* Supervise task and general career development for new airman

* Undergraduate Teaching Assistant

* Aerospace Structures

* Tutor (physics and calculus)

* Over 10 students successfully scoring over a B

* Undergraduate Researcher

* Aerospace Structures and Materials focus (Thermal barrier coatings)

**Honors/Activities:**

* 1x Operations Group Airman of the Year

* 1x Squadron Airman of the Year

* 1x Squadron Airman of the Quarter

* 2x Airman of the month

* 1x Superior Performance Award

* 1x AFAM in progress

* 1x Msgt Steven E Auchman Leadership Award

* President of morale club

* Elite cheer leading scholarship

* High school wrestling assistant coach

**Most proud achievement:** Getting my GED after dropping out of high school for financial reasons. It gave me the ability to pursue my dreams of becoming a fighter pilot in the reserve/guard, and work as an aerospace engineer on the civilian side to develop these military technologies

Please be critical in your feedback. I greatly appreciate any advice/suggestions to accomplish my dream of flying as a fighter pilot!

Are there any things on my background I shouldn’t bother mentioning? Things I should highlight on? Any tips?

P.S - Visiting VTANG here in two weeks and I’ve heard nothing but great things about them. Looking forward to rushing my first squadron! May be a stretch, but If you’re gonna be rushing as well feel free to hit me up if you want to link up with someone. I’m looking in to checking out the area the Friday prior :)

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 7thokage said:

**Most proud achievement:** Getting my GED after dropping out of high school for financial reasons. It gave me the ability to pursue my dreams of becoming a fighter pilot in the reserve/guard, and work as an aerospace engineer on the civilian side to develop these military technologies

hell yes dude. that's quite an obstacle to overcome and it makes me proud for you!

not a fighter guy, but overall you pop with enthusiasm and dedication...keep at it!!!

hell yes dude. that's quite an obstacle to overcome and it makes me proud for you!
not a fighter guy, but overall you pop with enthusiasm and dedication...keep at it!!!

Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words. It’s been quite the journey. Even thinking about competing for these spots is honestly a dream come true for me. I hope I can earn the privilege to fly for our country!

Highest PCSM given the hours and AFOQT that I’ve seen.
Is the VTANG visit opportunity posted somewhere? I reached out a few weeks ago and they still said nothing was planned.

It’s something they just recently were able to put together (literally like a week ago we finally got the word). You should be able to email the POC to join in on the specific dates they’ve laid out! Vermont has very strict travel restrictions though, so something to consider before making any plans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 7thokage said:

As a guy with a GED and a degree in basket weaving, in UPT currently with Guard fighter slot, it's very possible with those scores. Keep pushing with that attitude and you'll land a slot!

As a guy with a GED and a degree in basket weaving, in UPT currently with Guard fighter slot, it's very possible with those scores. Keep pushing with that attitude and you'll land a slot!

Awesome man!!! I hope to be in your shoes soon enough! Although my first application, the VTANG happens to be my #1 choice. Stoked to get the chance to socialize with them in person pretty soon. Hope UPT is going well for you. I’ve heard from a couple of people COVID has been messing some things up over there. See you in the skies one day!