118th Loses 3 member in private aircraft accident

https://www.wsmv.com/video/3-air-national-guard-members-killed-in-plane-crash-near-mcminnville-airport/video_43e3f416-4769-5eb3-98fb-b2ecef61f019.html

I thought one of the current members of the BNA Air Guard unit might post this but my hometown unit lost three of their members last week.Information from a couple of unit members, it sounds like they were well liked and respected. Sad news for Nashville and the 118th. They used to fly 130s but are now a RPA/drone operation.

Shelli was a very good friend of mine and the entire wing and state are hurting. We had a great celebration of Shelli’s life yesterday and was the largest attended funeral I have ever been to. She will be dearly missed and we will continue to honor her memory. We should all live our lives the way Shelli did. She never met a stranger and would help anyone out, anytime. She was one of a kind.

The folks in Nashville have done a tremendous job of honoring all 3 members and they have closed in around the families. These type of events really show how powerful and caring the Guard family is when it’s mobilized. But we hate that these are the times when we get old friends together. Make sure you stay in touch and get the retirees together more often. We are all ready for 2020 to be in the rearview mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• Like 3