Guard Fighter Applicant Review

H_G

Hey everybody. Was wondering if I could get some brutally honest advice on what my chances are for getting hired by a Guard Fighter Unit with these scores. About to graduate college soon and have already started rushing. I think I screwed up on the TBAS pretty bad, I was really hoping my 101+ hour score would be a little bit higher. The one unit I did rush went over my application so far and said I was very competitive, especially once I got my PPL for what that’s worth. My AFOQT scores I view as far as my biggest flaw, but I can not retake it. I plan to keep on rushing and hopefully represent myself in a good manner to make up for not having stellar AFOQT scores. Thanks! 

GPA - 3.78 in Political Science

PCSM - 82 (90 with 101+ hours)

Flying - 69 hours. About to do my checkride (have been holding off to use up scholarship money). Currently building up to the 101 hour mark and hope to be there by December.

AFOQT Pilot/ Nav - 93/75 (rest of the score are in the 50s and below. Retaking is not an option due to circumstances)

Age - 21

LOR - Wing Commander, 06 Group Commander, Detachment Commander

Hey everybody. Was wondering if I could get some brutally honest advice on what my chances are for getting hired by a Guard Fighter Unit with these scores. About to graduate college soon and have already started rushing. I think I screwed up on the TBAS pretty bad, I was really hoping my 101+ hour score would be a little bit higher. The one unit I did rush went over my application so far and said I was very competitive, especially once I got my PPL for what that’s worth. My AFOQT scores I view as far as my biggest flaw, but I can not retake it. I plan to keep on rushing and hopefully represent myself in a good manner to make up for not having stellar AFOQT scores. Thanks! 
GPA - 3.78 in Political Science
PCSM - 82 (90 with 101+ hours)
Flying - 69 hours. About to do my checkride (have been holding off to use up scholarship money). Currently building up to the 101 hour mark and hope to be there by December.
AFOQT Pilot/ Nav - 93/75 (rest of the score are in the 50s and below. Retaking is not an option due to circumstances)
Age - 21
LOR - Wing Commander, 06 Group Commander, Detachment Commander
Why can't you retake the AFOQT. Id find a way to retake that and/or your TBAS. The PCSM is a little underwhelming for fighter units.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

I wouldn't necessarily say underwhelming. I would say the AFOQT scores are definitely a barrier for some, if not a lot of fighter units. But If he can rush and mesh really well with a unit, having that PCSM won't push his app to the trash. That's really emphasizing rushing though. I think I've only seen 1 or 2 fighter units have a PCSM requirement of 85+.
Agree on the listed requirements, but judging from who seems to be getting interviews at fighter squadrons, the vast majority have a better PCSM. It definitely isn't a showstopper, but it's not helping.

And you're right, rushing can easily overcome that, but rushing isn't particularly easy right now. I just don't quite understand the inability to retake the tests.

Scores are just an easy way to weed out apps when you have 150-200 sitting in front of you.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app