AFOQT Pilot score vs. PCSM for Guard Fighters

Checksix

Hello All,

Just wanted to get some opinions on if I should retake the AFOQT to be more competitive for guard fighter units. 

Pilot: 88

Nav: 67

Academic Aptitude: 83

Verbal: 69

Quant: 86

PCSM 92 with 201+ hours.

From the feedback I’ve received from two rejection emails, it seems my pilot score is a bit on the lower side but my PCSM is pretty much on par with the average for interview selectees. I have no problem retaking the AFOQT but I am concerned about the risk of potentially scoring lower. I also have 5,000 hours of civilian flight time. The only reason I mention that is I wasn’t sure if that would be a factor when looking at the slightly lower Pilot score. 

Thanks! 

Edited by Checksix

You have a 6 month wait to retest for the AFOQT so you might as well study if you take it again. 

3 hours ago, Checksix said:

The only reason I mention that is I wasn’t sure if that would be a factor when looking at the slightly lower Pilot score. 

The short answer is likely "it depends." Every board, from what I understand, does things differently. That said, you only get one chance to make a first impression. If it's no issue for you to retest, then do so, but I would do a lot of studying prior to retesting.