FC1 and FAA Medical Question

ryleypav

Just got the memo that I got my FC1 scheduled. Working on getting all the items squared away that are required 5 business days upon receipt of the memo. This part is confusing me a bit.

"If you have had an FAA exam (any class) within the past 36 months, you do not need to complete this step; please continue to step 4. FAA Class III medical/student pilot certificates are now valid for 5 years."

I have a valid Class III FAA Medical right now, but its been more than 36 months since I received it. Do they just want me to sign up/register anyway. I'm assuming its so they can renew it at the end of the FC1 and not have to worry about it lapsing, even though I wont be attending IFS. The instructions after that quote seem to be more concerned with someone who has never had a physical. I guess I'm just looking for some clarity from someone who has done this recently.

41 minutes ago, Ten30Seven said:

I was in a similar situation, had an old but still valid medical. I registered anyway and they gave me a new medical certificate while I was there, so I'd register just to be safe.

Perfect. Exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks! 

Also, half of the links they want you to click on to download forms dont work. So thats nice haha.