Sim GUT Time

KPPV1

What are you trying to do, specifically?  Lay it out. 

And if you're not assigned to a unit on that base in that airframe, it's probably a low chance of happening.  Maybe Christmas time, when students are pushed on leave, perhaps the sim contractor has a program in place, and you have a buddy that signs up his family to take a sim ride, and you ask that buddy to take you too. 

Out

What are you trying to do, specifically?  Lay it out. 
And if you're not assigned to a unit on that base in that airframe, it's probably a low chance of happening.  Maybe Christmas time, when students are pushed on leave, perhaps the sim contractor has a program in place, and you have a buddy that signs up his family to take a sim ride, and you ask that buddy to take you too. 
Out

ANG TR, I live near a base that has two sims which I have a form 8 on, I am not assigned to this base. I’m wondering if I could sign up first come, first serve. Unless the base itself has a claim to those GUT time sims. They shouldn’t though because GUT time is paid for by the government not the base, as far as I understand it. Anyone out there know any better?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

10 hours ago, KPPV1 said:

ANG TR, I live near a base that has two sims which I have a form 8 on, I am not assigned to this base. I’m wondering if I could sign up first come, first serve. Unless the base itself has a claim to those GUT time sims. They shouldn’t though because GUT time is paid for by the government not the base, as far as I understand it. Anyone out there know any better?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

That may be true but the OG/CC of the base where the sim’s located is probably more concerned with keeping his/her aircrew proficient in the sim than some random ANG TR guy. Also, a lot of ANG/AFRC aircrew go TDY to sims at AD bases that have been scheduled out months in advance. Sorta like Space-A as a retiree, it might work out with scheduling and having open availability, but you’re not the priority.