Has AFOQT Testing Opened Back Up In Your Area?

I was suppose to take it back in March at MEPS but it was cancelled due to COVID-19. I see boards are still happening for AD, Guard Units and Reserve. Is there AFOQT testing still going on?

I managed to reach the testing center at an Air Force base, they told me maybe September or October they will have testing again but they aren't sure as of right now. I want to take it, I've been waiting a year at this point. I was on a waiting list from June 2019 until March 2020 to take it at MEPS.

I keep seeing Guard Boards pass me by.

Edited by JohnClark

3 hours ago, mtn_flyer said:

I was considering retaking it this month and was told that at least two different MEPS were offering it once a week. I think some locations may not be testing but others are. I would keep looking around.

My state seems to be the weirdest state. None of the AFROTC opens offer it to civilians and MEPS only does it once a mouth and I believe they are still closed. I believe my recruiter said he has well over 100 applicants for the July AD board alone, that he is dealing with, so he's hard to get in touch with.

I would be surprised if your MEPS is closed. You can find your MEPS location on the MEPCOM site (https://www.mepcom.army.mil/ -> Units -> East/West Sector) and try to call one of the phone numbers and see what they say. You could also try to call your local ANG recruiter or an ANG for a unit you are interested in and see if they could set something up. Do not be afraid to keep trying your current recruiter either.

• 2 weeks later...

JohnClark, I'm in the same predicament. I cannot find a place doing testing. I'll try calling Luke and Nellis.

I did hear that Hill AFB in Utah was offering testing, but I haven't been able to get a positive contact with anyone there.

I live in Los Angeles area btw. The recruiters I did try to get ahold of did not respond to me. One AF Reserve Recruiter pretty much told me to get my PPL before contacting him lol.

I"m 30 and pursuing my PPL as of now but want to hurry and get the AFOQT/TBAS done.

Good luck everyone and thanks for posting this.