Depressive Disorder Waiver?

flynhigh

An 18 year old high school graduate is interested in enlisting in the Air National Guard.  Recruiter says that since he answered that he has seen a mental health counselor for depression, that he is ineligible for service until 3 years since seeing the counselor.  

Reviewing the Air Force Waiver Guide, I'm finding different information than what the recruiter conveyed.  Additionally, I'm not sure what the appropriate "Flying Class" is for this particular individual.  Page 567 shows Table 1: Waiver potential for mood disorders.  Said individual's goal is to be a Crew Chief.  My main point of confusion is these two notes under the table;

† For FC I/IA and untrained FC II/III individuals waiver considered after depression is completely resolved and medications and psychotherapy have been discontinued for a minimum of 2 years.

* For trained personnel, a waiver is considered after depression is completely resolved and medications and psychotherapy have been discontinued for 6 months

The first of these two states 2 years is required since completion of psychotherapy, while the second states 6 months.  Aside from the difference between these and what the recruiter stated, this is significant as it has been more than 6 months since this individual completed psychotherapy.  

So, my question is, can anyone shed some light on which of these applies to an enlisted airman trying to get in as a crew chief?  Is he eligibile now to apply for a waiver to enlist?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Edited by flynhigh