The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

13 hours ago, pbar said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9387769/F-22-stealth-fighter-pilot-reveals-forced-Air-Force-racism.html

I didn't see anything like this with the African-Americans I flew with or served with.  Heck, most of them did better than I did and went to USAFWS, SAAS, AWC, and made O-6...  YMMV though.

This is just another opportunity to put drama in front of the public (in the flavor of the day).  It received attention, and the Daily Mail profited from the story - mission accomplished.

Could they have found five Caucasian guys with the same (or close story), and get them to whine?  Quite probably.  But it's not the flavor of the day, and the media can't profit from it, so we don't hear about it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I asked a buddy who flies 38s with the Raptors if he had heard any rumblings about this guy. 

“Oh yeah, everyone here says that guy was an awful pilot.”

And...

”Apparently he Q3’d an evaluation up at Elmendorf so they sent him to IFF”

So yeah, there’s more to the story. 

2 hours ago, kaputt said:

I asked a buddy who flies 38s with the Raptors if he had heard any rumblings about this guy. 

“Oh yeah, everyone here says that guy was an awful pilot.”

And...

”Apparently he Q3’d an evaluation up at Elmendorf so they sent him to IFF”

So yeah, there’s more to the story. 

😮This is my shocked face. 

So now we know he's a shitty pilot and human being. Newsflash: the raptor demo pilot ONE DEMO TEAM AGO was a black guy. 

• Like 1

Duckworth to vote No on any cabinet member who isn’t “diverse”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/duckworth-threatens-biden-nominees-over-210241753.html

So you’re going to vote solely on one particular immutable characteristic? Weird. 

Edited by SurelySerious

19 hours ago, Pooter said:

Sorry dude, I know it hurts. But it's happened to white dudes too. In fact.. almost exclusively white dudes. 

I thought the exact same thing when I read that article.  I was told the same thing as him.  In UPT I was "cocky and talked too much" and in MQT "I wasn't confident enough and never talked".  It is amazing that until I read his story, I never realized that my instructors were not providing me valuable feedback to find the middle ground but were, in fact, just being racist.

3 hours ago, Pooter said:

😮This is my shocked face. 

So now we know he's a shitty pilot and human being. Newsflash: the raptor demo pilot ONE DEMO TEAM AGO was a black guy. 

Yep, that was my reaction too. 

I also heard some other RUMINT on this guy but I’m not sure I should be the one to share it on a public forum. FWIW it also seems the Air Force did do an investigation into his claims and came up empty. 

2 hours ago, kaputt said:

Yep, that was my reaction too. 

I also heard some other RUMINT on this guy but I’m not sure I should be the one to share it on a public forum. FWIW it also seems the Air Force did do an investigation into his claims and came up empty. 

https://youtu.be/mBx-eT8D5nc?t=11

This is the forum. 60 minutes wasn't the forum. Go with details.

That's disappointed. Duckworth has generally seemed reasonable. And I loved when she lot into the guy that hurt himself playing military prep school football for claiming "disabled veteran" status with his business. So I'm disappointed to see her being part of that kind of bullshit.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, N730 said:

That's disappointed. Duckworth has generally seemed reasonable. And I loved when she lot into the guy that hurt himself playing military prep school football for claiming "disabled veteran" status with his business. So I'm disappointed to see her being part of that kind of bullshit.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

You sound surprised.  She’s very far left...of course she’s going to push the identity politics stuff—it’s literally part of the left’s platform.  

On 3/23/2021 at 6:48 PM, SurelySerious said:

I think there is a law against that. But hey, Maize Hirono is backing her so it must be okay.

How did you not know RATM and Tom Morello were far left?

Did you know Tom is black? Because people also stop listening to RATM when they learn he’s black.

“Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses”

Referring to police as KKK members seems pretty obviously “left”. Honestly the song is 30 years old...you’re just finding this out now
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, busdriver said:

Their entire body of work is blatantly marxist and anti western. Also, musically amazing.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Love those riffs...

Being a leftist wealth distribution spokesman has yielded Tom Morello a net worth of $30M (according to a quick search of the interwebs) thanks to capitalism and free speech.  Let the irony flow through you.

• Like 4

On 3/23/2021 at 2:42 PM, ToHoldShort said:

An F-22 pilot on why he felt discriminated against in the Air Force - YouTube

Video with 60 minutes, seems like there is more to this

Surprised that no one has pointed out to this crowd that in addition to getting an USAFA appointment, UPT slot, T-38 track, Raptor assignment, and admission to Harvard, his wife is a smoking hot fitness model/actress/influencer or some shit from Australia.

I'm sympathetic to his concerns, but yeah.....hard to feel sorry for this guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tucker Carslon goes after DOD and USAF claiming they have gone woke.

If you don't want to watch the start at 9:00 and watch what he said about Lt Gen Webb, AETC and the way we select pilots.  Sounds like having a PPL will soon loose any weight in the PMSV.

GD he has a punchable face.

And “doughy moron” for a guy that’s ran 2 MAJCOM’s and had the audacity to say that getting a PPL is an indicator of having a more advantaged upbringing? What a moron.

*White privilege trigger warning* I understand the SJW type initiatives if that’s what the people you’re trying to recruit are thinking about now. But recruiting to fly for the services had never been an issue. With that luxury, why not stack the deck to get the best candidates*? I’m also not ignorant to the fact that there are probably some diamonds in the rough out there (look at WW2 fighter aces from rural backgrounds with minimal education), but these upper level policies are about the whole and not the individual. 

And the diversity thing is always pumped up as different perspectives to find better answers etc. That’s the opposite of what you want at the tactical level. You want people that are brilliant at the basics and then can leverage those attributes accounted for in recruiting in the non-standard scenarios. If you’re really recruiting for an eventual diverse senior officer corps, that’s a different story. Maybe it’s just a chicken/egg thing.

*How the AF determines best candidates is slightly flawed, IMO. There needs to be much more consideration placed on athletic skill and not just academic. In my experience, gifted athletes with average intelligence compared to superior intellectuals with poor athletic ability are much better pilots. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

...PPL....

....why not stack the deck to get the best candidates*

I'm not going to watch the stupid video.  Based on comments thus far, the good general did a piss poor job of advocating for getting rid of PPL advantage.

Logical argument for PPL: someone who's already a pilot obviously can already fly, that means they have a higher likelihood of getting through UPT.  Safer bet.

Argument against: Everyone knows the policy, and prospective applicants who can afford it will spend the money to pad their resume (partial PPL, or all the way).  Couple problems: just getting a PPL isn't all that hard given enough time, I would contend that being an experienced pilot vs a brand new minted PPL are very different things.  The former should absolutely be given "credit" the latter is the USAF allowing the public (applicant) to fund it's screening program.