The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

1 hour ago, kaputt said:

‘Amen & Awoman:’ Rep. Emanuel Cleaver Says in Opening Prayer for Congress

The “Guam is going to tip over” guy is probably breathing a sigh of relief that this has now taken the top spot for dumbest shit ever said by a Congressional representative. 

Saw a congressman on Twitter joke that there would be noodles in the House cafeteria.  Ramen...and rawomen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/06/liberals-to-breyer-retire-455321?cid=apn

This embodies “wokeness” going wrong.  They’re trying to force a justice to retire just so they can nominate a female POC to be another “first.”  I think it’s been made pretty clear by many of my posts that I’m all about equality, but this is definitely a case of taking it too far.  

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/06/liberals-to-breyer-retire-455321?cid=apn

This embodies “wokeness” going wrong.  They’re trying to force a justice to retire just so they can nominate a female POC to be another “first.”  I think it’s been made pretty clear by many of my posts that I’m all about equality, but this is definitely a case of taking it too far.  

I'm less concerned about trying to put a particular gender/race for a "first", and more concerned with political parties trying to stack the court by applying political pressure to get a judge to retire early to do so. And, yes, both parties do it.

I get that politics will always play a role in filling the supreme court since they are nominated and confirmed by political figures, but you'd hope that they could set aside political maneuvering to pick the best candidate instead of one that would push the party's agenda.

2 hours ago, slackline said:

I don't know if it's for another "first", or if it's because they fear Breyer getting old like RBG and losing another seat on the court at an inopportune time.  Getting three SCOTUS picks will be the most lasting legacy for Trump's presidency.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, slackline said:

Pentagon figuring out how to deal with extremists in the ranks

Reuters put this up.  I'm curious if this is just going to be disregarded by some of the people in here that deny there are any problem. Or, are some of you going to just say this is leadership gone wrong, pandering to the SJWs?  

You have to be the biggest condescending asshole on here dude.  For fucks sake, please stop.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

22 minutes ago, lloyd christmas said:

You have to be the biggest condescending asshole on here dude.  For fucks sake, please stop.  

I'm curious why you'd feel that way.  Plenty of people are way worse than me, but I don't tow your party line, so I'm condescending?  These are legitimate topics and concerns and if you don't feel like participating, feel free to hold your peace. 

Also, if there hadn't been so much defending of racist actions in here I wouldn't even waste time posting it.  Not calling you racist at all, just saying there's a ton of apologist action made by many people posting in here.

Edited by slackline

8 hours ago, slackline said:

Pentagon figuring out how to deal with extremists in the ranks

Reuters put this up.  I'm curious if this is just going to be disregarded by some of the people in here that deny there are any problem. Or, are some of you going to just say this is leadership gone wrong, pandering to the SJWs?  

I guess I'll hold my opinion until I see the execution.

60 down days...what does that mean?  No flying, no deployments, no training?  

Are we going to actually do a re-scrub of the background investigations looking for extremists, or are we going to sit in a sharing circle talking about why extremism is bad?

What's going to count as extremism?  Is anyone who has ever called AOC dumb or mocked Biden's inability to put a sentence together on the chopping block?  Or are we going to actually look at people's connections to extremist groups?

Are we looking for extreme leftists (like that West Point kid who wrote "Communism Wins" inside his wheel cap) or only QAnon supporters?

I fully support the idea of rooting extremists out of the ranks.  But I have a lot of fears about how this will actually be implemented.

• Upvote 2

Are we looking for extreme leftists (like that West Point kid who wrote "Communism Wins" inside his wheel cap) or only QAnon supporters?
I fully support the idea of rooting extremists out of the ranks.  But I have a lot of fears about how this will actually be implemented.

Agree that how this is implemented is important. This isn't a new problem, just pulled back into the spotlight. My guess is we won't see a substantial policy change, except for increased emphasis on existing policy/regulation), and likely some more awareness training (probably another annual cbt...)

Easy kills would be people with strong ties to known white supremacists or neo nazi groups, and inspections for tattoos or paraphernalia in their dorm linking someone to those groups. Probably get ordered to remove the offending tattoo or remove the offending paraphernalia, or be discharged. Also, any military members stupid enough to storm and physically enter the Capitol on 6 jan probably gets discharged as well.

From there, it gets harder. I doubt there would be any significant change to policy, but OSI/CID/etc will shift is focus to put more enough emphasis on investigating and charging suspected violent extremists within the military. Commanders will likely also be charged to be on the lookout within their units.

It'll probably take several years to correct the problem. Maybe someone with ties to extremists doesn't directly get kicked out, but maybe they aren't offered reenlistment (not sure how to force an exit on the officer side). But that relies on commanders placing department goals (eliminate extremists) potentially at odds with unit goals (mission effectiveness) if an identified extremist happens to be someone that is otherwise technically skilled/proficient.

I'll also bet there will be an increased emphasis on recruiters not looking the other way when a recruit has known or suspected ties to violent extremists or white supremacists groups. But this shouldn't be anything new.

The challenge is that the extremists we don't want in uniform will adapt (except for the stupid ones), making it much harder to identify them until they do something, whether it's racially/politically motivated violence in the community, or leaking secrets to our enemies.

I also wonder if this effort will be tied into the continuous monitoring for security clearances that we've been shifting to

2 hours ago, pawnman said:

60 down days...what does that mean?  No flying, no deployments, no training?  

Are we going to actually do a re-scrub of the background investigations looking for extremists, or are we going to sit in a sharing circle talking about why extremism is bad?

What's going to count as extremism?  Is anyone who has ever called AOC dumb or mocked Biden's inability to put a sentence together on the chopping block?  Or are we going to actually look at people's connections to extremist groups?

It’s A downday, sometime within the next 60 Days. 

4 hours ago, HossHarris said:

It’s A downday, sometime within the next 60 Days. 

Oh, well that's more reasonable.

Any bets on if it will be more effective than other down days we've had for SAPR, suicide, or racial inequality?

11 hours ago, jazzdude said:

Good words

It's going to take longer than that, I expect there will be more OSI/CID/NCIS directed involvement to root out this sort of thing.

It reminds me of stories my Dad would tell about local gang issues he had while he was running the comm workcenters while on the ship.  Just more largely organized, which is worse.

//break break//

You guys thinking @slackline is a troll because he disagrees with you and won't back down is hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's going to take longer than that, I expect there will be more OSI/CID/NCIS directed involvement to root out this sort of thing.

It reminds me of stories my Dad would tell about local gang issues he had while he was running the comm workcenters while on the ship.  Just more largely organized, which is worse.
//break break//

You guys thinking [mention=13623]slackline[/mention] is a troll because he disagrees with you and won't back down is hilarious.

So my question, what the hell were those contractors and FBI investigators we are paying doing? And why does it take them years to do it.

What the F seriously, we have forms and methods to find out about people’s dirty past. If you’ve been to SERE school or ever signed a consent to be monitored you have a pretty good idea at just how simply accessed so called “secure social media” information is. So what the F are these people doing if not finding the links to the dude hanging out with the skinheads in high school or talking to ISIS on Reddit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lawman said:

So my question, what the hell were those contractors and FBI investigators we are paying doing? And why does it take them years to do it.

What the F seriously, we have forms and methods to find out about people’s dirty past. If you’ve been to SERE school or ever signed a consent to be monitored you have a pretty good idea at just how simply accessed so called “secure social media” information is. So what the F are these people doing if not finding the links to the dude hanging out with the skinheads in high school or talking to ISIS on Reddit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If someone lies in their interview, and has locked down social media...not a lot you can do.  Thankfully, the FBI can't just ask for access to see without a warrant of some kind.

People lie man, I've seen it first hand...completely fine SF86 (right form?) and then they get a poly, "Oh, yea I forgot about x, y, z."

Also, I'd venture some people don't think those extremist organizations are extreme.  References to proud heritage, taking back the country, etc.