The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

I’m not sure how it is possible to spin imbeciles licking toilets... but okay!

Go read the Snopes article. It's fake, but if you got it from your Reddit thread about #liberalidiots, then go right ahead and take it as gospel truth. Please tell me you're not an officer with that level of gullibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the shit that needs to stop.  

Please tell me why? You want officers that believe everything they see simply because it supports their narrative? I genuinely do not. If he's being sarcastic, it didn't shine through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just heard another fact about the police shooting in Philly. I gotta say I feel bad for the cops because dude was approaching them with a knife. Rock and a hard place. I still struggle to believe that shooting the guy was the only way to deal with the situation, but some of you “thin blue line” folks will say it was a legal kill...

Point I wanted to make was that the cops are not equipped to deal with these situations. Guy’s family called for an ambulance because he has mental health problems. Police showed up and started demanding things and escalated/aggravated the situation. Why did the cops show up? Sincere question, do 911 operators hold any responsibility in this? Are they also sending police? Or do cops just hear it and show up? From what I can tell, dude did not have a knife until cops showed up and made things worse.

Again, I feel for the cops here. Crappy situation...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I side with the cops, of course, as they are playing by the rules.

But the rules are stupid. Two cops should be able to deal with a guy with a knife, unless it's a ninja. They might get hurt, but that's the job. Hell, this is actually a case where "shoot him in the leg" is a realistic COA. Or taze him. Or pepper spray. Or use a bolas. If he starts stabbing someone, then yeah, kill him.

Michael Brown was a good shoot. And when it's an evenly matched fight, the cops should use their guns to make it uneven. But every time I see multiple cops drawing on one guy without a gun, it just seems wrong. Remember that kid in the hotel with nothing but basketball shorts and a T-shirt? Like six cops obliterated him because he was "reaching" for something. Absurd. When did the cops become such pussies? They aren't, of course, but the rules are sure making it look that way.

The old men who got knocked over during the protests were disgusting too. Really couldn't think of a way to handle that? Throw him over your shoulder, drag him to the truck, but just knock him on his ass? Police departments with old MRAPs. Camouflage. It's just wrong.

American policing does. not. have a racism problem. But it does have a brutality problem. Conservatives need to acknowledge that. But that's not going to happen while liberals misrepresent every infraction as racist. And so the dance continues.

• Upvote 2

Like clockwork, Sim with the propaganda...

Addition: No one is saying knives aren’t dangerous, and that they cannot be used to kill a police officer, but good job, way to add constructive words to the conversation...

Also, just saying, a black dude in your video would have been shot much earlier than this white guy... Maybe he is a black guy, but it is grainy so I can’t tell.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

26 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

I side with the cops, of course, as they are playing by the rules.

But the rules are stupid. Two cops should be able to deal with a guy with a knife, unless it's a ninja. They might get hurt, but that's the job. Hell, this is actually a case where "shoot him in the leg" is a realistic COA. Or taze him. Or pepper spray. Or use a bolas. If he starts stabbing someone, then yeah, kill him.

Michael Brown was a good shoot. And when it's an evenly matched fight, the cops should use their guns to make it uneven. But every time I see multiple cops drawing on one guy without a gun, it just seems wrong. Remember that kid in the hotel with nothing but basketball shorts and a T-shirt? Like six cops obliterated him because he was "reaching" for something. Absurd. When did the cops become such pussies? They aren't, of course, but the rules are sure making it look that way.

The old men who got knocked over during the protests were disgusting too. Really couldn't think of a way to handle that? Throw him over your shoulder, drag him to the truck, but just knock him on his ass? Police departments with old MRAPs. Camouflage. It's just wrong.

American policing does. not. have a racism problem. But it does have a brutality problem. Conservatives need to acknowledge that. But that's not going to happen while liberals misrepresent every infraction as racist. And so the dance continues.

Uh..... first off.... a knife is probably going to kill you not hurt you. Knife wounds are generally more lethal than gun shot wounds. Second, no.... getting hurt is not part of the job. I cant understand how anyone with any sense of morality can believe its somebodies job to get hurt. That's like people saying if you in the military your job is to die for your country. Uh, no its not. 

Here is why cops shoot people with knives. This is based off actual research performed by the FBI. The TTPs are pretty advanced. (not all covered in this video) Usually one officer is paired with a lethal and another officer with a non-lethal. (taser, pepper ball, etc...)  

Edit: I'm just going to add too, I've been doing MMA for 15 years and if someone came at me with a knife, I'm sure as fuck running. Ive been stabbed once in high school, and it sucked balls. 

Edited by FLEA
  • Upvote 2

Uh..... first off.... a knife is probably going to kill you not hurt you. Knife wounds are generally more lethal than gun shot wounds. Second, no.... getting hurt is not part of the job. I cant understand how anyone with any sense of morality can believe its somebodies job to get hurt. That's like people saying if you in the military your job is to die for your country. Uh, no its not. 

Here is why cops shoot people with knives. This is based off actual research performed by the FBI. The TTPs are pretty advanced. (not all covered in this video) Usually one officer is paired with a lethal and another officer with a non-lethal. (taser, pepper ball, etc...)  

Edit: I'm just going to add too, I've been doing MMA for 15 years and if someone came at me with a knife, I'm sure as running. Ive been stabbed once in high school, and it sucked balls. 

Agree mostly, but the risk most definitely is part of the job. If your own life is 100% your focus, I think “serving and protecting” is the wrong job for you. Should be very high on the list of priorities, but you do know what you are potentially signing up for. Maybe just arguing semantics here...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, slackline said:

Agree mostly, but the risk most definitely is part of the job. If your own life is 100% your focus, I think “serving and protecting” is the wrong job for you. Should be very high on the list of priorities, but you do know what you are potentially signing up for. Maybe just arguing semantics here...

Sure there is risk, and thats acknowledged. But when we practice ORM we never say "deliberately ignore risk because its part of the job." We mitigate using planning and TTP's. 

In general, police are exposed to far more risk than people in the military and have only a fraction of the social benefit should they entail injury. Its difficult for us as a society to ask them to accept more risk. Who is willing to front the lifetime disability and early pensions for all of these officers we are asking to accept injury? Or is it, "sorry, just part of the job dude, enjoy never having use of your left hand again. Good luck finding work outside of policing." 

17 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Sure there is risk, and thats acknowledged. But when we practice ORM we never say "deliberately ignore risk because its part of the job." We mitigate using planning and TTP's. 

In general, police are exposed to far more risk than people in the military and have only a fraction of the social benefit should they entail injury. Its difficult for us as a society to ask them to accept more risk. Who is willing to front the lifetime disability and early pensions for all of these officers we are asking to accept injury? Or is it, "sorry, just part of the job dude, enjoy never having use of your left hand again. Good luck finding work outside of policing." 

In general? Over all time maybe. Certainly compared to the Air Force. But the ground pounders were absolutely expected to get hurt. Doesn't mean you tried to, doesn't mean we wanted them to, but we all know it would happen. And they didn't get to unload on some Iraqi shop owner because he reached for something. That would protect them but damage the mission. Policing is the same.

As I said, in a one on one engagement, the cop should shoot the guy with the knife. But are we going to pretend that the risk stays the same regardless of the number of cops going against one assailant? That's forced ignorance. If this guy had a knife, would these cops be in mortal danger?:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/09/us/police-shooting-video-arizona.html

Sorry, but I don't believe in that vision of American policing. And if you think it's as simple as "just do what the cops say, you won't get shot," have you ever been drunk? Ever had a cop pointing a gun at your face? Hard to think clearly. Shouldn't be a death sentence.

Sim's video is a great example of how, overwhelmingly, our cops do the right thing. And neither of those cops died. They should have tazed him from the start, and shot him once he charged. But let's not pretend like they're all like that. Reaching for something that might be a gun is not the same as having a gun. 

Not sure where you're coming from with the disability payments. I never made that argument, don't support it, so I'm not going to defend it.

• Like 1

Addition: No one is saying knives aren’t dangerous, and that they cannot be used to kill a police officer, but good job, way to add constructive words to the conversation...

Also, just saying, a black dude in your video would have been shot much earlier than this white guy... Maybe he is a black guy, but it is grainy so I can’t tell.

Slackline man...seriously? You’re being a troll.

It’s not propaganda to post a video that shows a real life event without any commentary. That’s just a weird statement.

And did he have to add constructive words to the post? Is that a requirement? Do you have questions for him instead of accusations? Maybe ask him why he posted it instead of assuming. Which I’m not saying you are liberal but that is a very liberal and radical feminism thing to do. You’re better than that. The military should have taught you better than that. Hope this was just a momentary lack of judgement. I have many.

Also, what evidence do you have that a black dude in this exact same scenario would have been shot sooner? Are saying these two cops would have done something different based on the color of the guys skin? So same time of day,same location, same cops, same everything except skin color. And if that were the case you are saying that the black dude would have been gunned down way sooner? Based off what facts, reason or logic?

Dude. The only racism here is your statement. I would have a tough time working in the military with those sick twisted racist thoughts. That’s not what America is about slackline. I challenge you to explain what you meant. I will retract if I’m totally off base.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slackline said:

You just called the cop in that video a racist. There is no black man in the video. You don't know who that cop is.

But because he is a cop, in your mind...he's a racist.

What a horrible way to think.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

In general? Over all time maybe. Certainly compared to the Air Force. But the ground pounders were absolutely expected to get hurt. Doesn't mean you tried to, doesn't mean we wanted them to, but we all know it would happen. And they didn't get to unload on some Iraqi shop owner because he reached for something. That would protect them but damage the mission. Policing is the same.

As I said, in a one on one engagement, the cop should shoot the guy with the knife. But are we going to pretend that the risk stays the same regardless of the number of cops going against one assailant? That's forced ignorance. If this guy had a knife, would these cops be in mortal danger?:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/09/us/police-shooting-video-arizona.html

Sorry, but I don't believe in that vision of American policing. And if you think it's as simple as "just do what the cops say, you won't get shot," have you ever been drunk? Ever had a cop pointing a gun at your face? Hard to think clearly. Shouldn't be a death sentence.

Sim's video is a great example of how, overwhelmingly, our cops do the right thing. And neither of those cops died. They should have tazed him from the start, and shot him once he charged. But let's not pretend like they're all like that. Reaching for something that might be a gun is not the same as having a gun. 

Not sure where you're coming from with the disability payments. I never made that argument, don't support it, so I'm not going to defend it.

If you think anything ground guys do in the military is comparable to policing you need to reevaluate how you estimate risk. The force ratio we have in theater is enormous and backed by a monstrous machine or ISR, air support and quick reaction forces. The ROEs are generally more permissive and over a 20 year career at even the worse deployment to dwell ratios your exposure is only 50-60% of your career vs. upwards of 100%. Better ballistics protection, better command and control, always attached to another person via buddy system, I could go on. I'm not saying what they don't do is dangerous, but seriously man, think about it for a minute. 

My wife was a cop for 3 years. I spent a lot of time doing ride a longs with her and her friends in some of the worst areas of a major city know for gang violence. Two friends in my squadron also had cop wives. In 3 years one had been stabbed twice and shot one. The other one had been shot. My wife was luckily never in that position. But you are comparing apples to oranges. 

Also, if you're so drunk you can't think rationally to the point you are threatening people, maybe check your life choices a bit. Your an officer, presumably, so I expect your capable of being responsible to an extent. 

Edited by FLEA

Slackline man...seriously? You’re being a troll.

It’s not propaganda to post a video that shows a real life event without any commentary. That’s just a weird statement.

And did he have to add constructive words to the post? Is that a requirement? Do you have questions for him instead of accusations? Maybe ask him why he posted it instead of assuming. Which I’m not saying you are liberal but that is a very liberal and radical feminism thing to do. You’re better than that. The military should have taught you better than that. Hope this was just a momentary lack of judgement. I have many.

Also, what evidence do you have that a black dude in this exact same scenario would have been shot sooner? Are saying these two cops would have done something different based on the color of the guys skin? So same time of day,same location, same cops, same everything except skin color. And if that were the case you are saying that the black dude would have been gunned down way sooner? Based off what facts, reason or logic?

Dude. The only racism here is your statement. I would have a tough time working in the military with those sick twisted racist thoughts. That’s not what America is about slackline. I challenge you to explain what you meant. I will retract if I’m totally off base.

That’s funny right there. You guys jump on any chance to label people you don’t agree with as racist. The statistics have been posted a million times. I’m not going to go out and find them for you, yet again, simply because you choose to ignore them.

I’ll admit, I’m providing anecdotal evidence, but do a quick google search my friend. You’ll find a lot of evidence where white people are given much more time and opportunity to “put down the” insert weapon here... POC flinch and cops shoot. Doesn’t matter if they’re black or white or Asian cops. Again, the evidence has been posted in this very thread at a minimum 15-20 times. You choose to rationalize/justify it away.

Calling it radical feminism or very liberal doesn’t somehow make you right in this very conservative echo chamber. Give me a break.

Sim frequently posts garbage with zero explanations from incredibly questionable sources, so why would this time be any different. Feel free to call me a troll if it makes you feel better. He posts his memes or videos as if they’re exclamation points to an argument, and no further words need be shared. Give me a break. Chill with your righteous indignation.

I know very conservative people that I don’t agree with on a few things that recognize systemic racism. You guys have yet to provide real proof it doesn’t. You simply rationalize/justify it away. I’m here, in part, to learn from the smart people on here, but also to be one of the voices that challenges people’s preconceived notions. Sorry if you don’t like it.

Again, the evidence abounds.

You just called the cop in that video a racist. There is no black man in the video. You don't know who that cop is.
But because he is a cop, in your mind...he's a racist.
What a horrible way to think.

Big, massive, enormous difference in what I said and calling that cop racist. Systemic racism doesn’t require racist people. The system has biases that say that POC are more dangerous than white people, so they’re more prone to reacting with violence quicker to POC than to white people.

I highly doubt that cop is racist.

Wow. You are a troll. You even are projecting what you are doing onto others. You are offering no facts. Just opinion. You are the very definition of what you are accusing others of.

And just because something happened somewhere else doesn’t mean that you can apply the data to a different situation and call it the same.

I agree. Systematic racism of affirmative action needs to be stopped.

Man it’s like arguing with a brand new Lt. Or young airman. I would be very surprised if you are older than about 26-28 and have been in the military very long. Your ability to rationalize your own garbage in your own echo chamber is impressive!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FLEA said:

If you think anything ground guys do in the military is comparable to policing you need to reevaluate how you estimate risk. The force ratio we have in theater is enormous and backed by a monstrous machine or ISR, air support and quick reaction forces. The ROEs are generally more permissive and over a 20 year career at even the worse deployment to dwell ratios your exposure is only 50-60% of your career vs. upwards of 100%. Better ballistics protection, better command and control, always attached to another person via buddy system, I could go on. I'm not saying what they don't do is dangerous, but seriously man, think about it for a minute. 

My wife was a cop for 3 years. I spent a lot of time doing ride a longs with her and her friends in some of the worst areas of a major city know for gang violence. Two friends in my squadron also had cop wives. In 3 years one had been stabbed twice and shot one. The other one had been shot. My wife was luckily never in that position. But you are comparing apples to oranges. 

Also, if you're so drunk you can't think rationally to the point you are threatening people, maybe check your life choices a bit. Your an officer, presumably, so I expect your capable of being responsible to an extent. 

Quick bar napkin math. 

2.72M people have deployed to ME in GWOT and sustained 7053 deaths. 1/385

Since GWOT started, 664,000 peace officers in the United States have sustained 3323 deaths. 1/199. 

Respect to the difference of those who work outside the wire versus those who do not but realise police departments have plenty of admin types as well, including most park services, certain capital services, many federal investigative areas, etc...

33 minutes ago, FLEA said:

I was with you until here, now I just think you're full of it.

Maybe I was in a different Air Force, or maybe you're one of those Colonels who suddenly found the enlightenment of sobriety only after you had your fun and could keep a bottle of Scotch tucked away in the desk drawer while you counsel young pilots on a 0-0-1-3 drinking philosophy neither you nor your peers ever followed, but either way you're full of shit. Was the kid in that video threatening anyone? 

I get it, you're close to cops. Note that I haven't blamed cops for any of this. The entire enterprise needs to be demilitarized. Other countries have figured it out. If it means more cops (which it will), then good. Let's do it. We can take the money from SS, Medicare, anywhere really, I'm all for it. But there is a problem to solve. And it has nothing to do with the horseshit fantasy of "systemic racism." 

As usual, the politicians want something (law and order) without paying for it (training, adequate manning, expensive non-lethal equipment). The cops get to suffer for that, which means the citizens suffer too. Doesn't mean there isn't a problem to solve, and the outright denial from the right is causing the left to look for some reason for the denial of a clear problem. They have erroneously settled on hidden racism as the answer.

Edited by Lord Ratner

25 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

I was with you until here, now I just think you're full of it.

Maybe I was in a different Air Force, or maybe you're one of those Colonels who suddenly found the enlightenment of sobriety only after you had your fun and could keep a bottle of Scotch tucked away in the desk drawer while you counsel young pilots on a 0-0-1-3 drinking philosophy neither you nor your peers ever followed, but either way you're full of shit. Was the kid in that video threatening anyone? 

I get it, you're close to cops. Note that I haven't blamed cops for any of this. The entire enterprise needs to be demilitarized. Other countries have figured it out. If it means more cops (which it will), then good. Let's do it. We can take the money from SS, Medicare, anywhere really, I'm all for it. But there is a problem to solve. And it has nothing to do with the horseshit fantasy of "systemic racism." 

As usual, the politicians want something (law and order) without paying for it (training, adequate manning, expensive non-lethal equipment). The cops get to suffer for that, which means the citizens suffer too. Doesn't mean there isn't a problem to solve, and the outright denial from the right is causing the left to look for some reason for the denial of a clear problem. They have erroneously settled on hidden racism as the answer.

No man, I've had plenty of days partying extraordinarily hard. Even had altercations with cops after being drunk. But we don't excuse anything else based on consumption of alcohol (rape, assault, etc....) I'm certainly not going to excuse a person who goes beyond retarded when theyre drunk for escalating a situation. You are responsible for your actions. If you fuck up drunk, we expect said Colonel to discipline you for it. 

(Also definitely not a Colonel or even close haha) 

Edited by FLEA

Quick bar napkin math. 
2.72M people have deployed to ME in GWOT and sustained 7053 deaths. 1/385
Since GWOT started, 664,000 peace officers in the United States have sustained 3323 deaths. 1/199. 
Respect to the difference of those who work outside the wire versus those who do not but realise police departments have plenty of admin types as well, including most park services, certain capital services, many federal investigative areas, etc...

Except for the fact that your bar napkin math doesn’t account for repeat offenders. I have 8 fun trips to vacation spots during that time, and have lost more than my fair share of friends. Not saying your point isn’t taken, but that it isn’t an apples to apples comparison.

2 minutes ago, slackline said:

Except for the fact that your bar napkin math doesn’t account for repeat offenders. I have 8 fun trips to vacation spots during that time, and have lost more than my fair share of friends. Not saying your point isn’t taken, but that it isn’t an apples to apples comparison.

It actually does. That is the total # of people over 8 something million deployments. 

Seems high but remember it's over nearly 20 years and the vast majority of forces have high attrition to 1st enlistment separation. 

Edited by FLEA