The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

Masks to hide identity, while they mass together with no regard for spacing. You’re rather obtuse if you think they give two shits about Covid. 

Nailed it! Great personal attack when you have absolutely zero evidence to back up what you’ve just said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, brickhistory said:

It's the condescending posts that impress me the most.

Just makes me realize that if I only agreed with my betters, I'd be "on the right side of history."

Or something...

I regret presenting it this way as I said at the premise, but after seeing the 6% COVID CDC statistics presented so many times incorrectly (across this forum and many different social media sites), I am frustrated. Mainly, I am frustrated that the smartest people I know seem to embrace points without doing much critical thinking because it aligns with them from an identity standpoint.

And to your second point, whether you like it or not, your choices and beliefs absolutely will be assessed with 20/20 hindsight. There often IS a right side of history. You don’t see too many textbooks now spouting the merits of the San Francisco antimasker alliance that existed during the Spanish Flu.

3 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

It’s all ing arbitrary. You can’t go to restaurants, your choice of faith gathering, etc, but mainline carrier X can seat you shoulder to shoulder with someone for hours straight. GMAFB and end the charades. Yeah, keep some distance from people when you can but get on with life. 

You’re right. Absolutely f*&k MSM that says it’s okay for protestors to be outside but it’s not okay for churchs to congregate. Seriously. I 100% agree that CNN and MSNBC have contributed just as much as FOX as to why our nation can’t have a unified approach to this natural disaster. 

I am personally not for any news organization; I am equally against everyone that is anti-science. Turns out that’s the majority of the government press and mainstream media. I believe that Dr. Fauci and the CDC are some of the last bastions of integrity and rational thought when it comes to public health, and it pisses me off to no end when news organizations cherry pick/misrepresent data from their reports to support political positions.

Edited by brawnie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

My point is the narrative being spewed by the MSM. Not "a bunch of idiots on both sides". One side actively lies and misinforms us. Especially when we are being told that "self proclaimed militia members drove into downtown Portland last night ,armed and looking for a fight. Every Oregonian has the right to freely express their views without fear of deadly violence. I will not allow Patriot Prayer and armed white supremacists to bring more bloodshed to our streets." Straight from the governor. 

You’re kidding yourself if you are believing the garbage coming out of Fox? What brawnie said about all MSM, liars and crooks out to make a buck. They push whatever narrative will drive viewership. Don’t do the whole, one side is lying more than the other shtick though because that’s disingenuous at best, dishonest at worst. Right and Left will lie straight to your face all day long. They do! Look at the president for goodness sake! This is probably what I hate most about politics, or I should say politicians; pot calling the kettle black! Blind to their own shenanigans while screaming about those of the other side of the aisle.

Peddle your one side is worse than the other nonsense somewhere else. They both suck! Equally, sometimes for the same crap, sometimes for differing reasons.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slackline said:

I see you don’t do sarcasm. Clearly it isn’t hard, and I did, in fact, say it wouldn’t surprise me to have a bunch of idiots. There are also clearly people with masks in this photo.

Yes, there is clearly one person with a mask on.

2 hours ago, slackline said:

Nailed it! Great personal attack when you have absolutely zero evidence to back up what you’ve just said.

It’s a general observation bro. I don’t need to interview the thousands of people all together in the street yelling, screaming, breaking and burning shit, and getting in people’s faces to know they don’t give a fuck about covid. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, brawnie said:

Mainly, I am frustrated that the smartest people I know seem to embrace points without doing much critical thinking because it aligns with them from an identity standpoint.

Hello pot...

Edited by brabus
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, brawnie said:

This post is unfortunately more condescending than I like, but I guess it is what it is....

my mutual funds need to go up NOW.

I realize most of your rant between facts was just that (by your own admission).

But, the mutual funds vs grandma dying is a strawman argument.  Economic impacts of in determinant length community lockdowns/restrictions/whatever aren't at the stock market level, and you know that.  

54 minutes ago, busdriver said:

I realize most of your rant between facts was just that (by your own admission).

But, the mutual funds vs grandma dying is a strawman argument.  Economic impacts of in determinant length community lockdowns/restrictions/whatever aren't at the stock market level, and you know that.  

Sure, you’re right. The economic impact is real and must be considered versus health effects, and my argument oversimplified that very important fact.

1 minute ago, Desk Jobs Suck said:

It's ok for Nancy Pelosi to go to a hair salon in shut down California, then claiming she "didn't know the rules". Rules for thee

Honestly, did anyone really expect Pelosi to follow rules?!?  Rules are for peasants...

• Upvote 1

The liberal media is getting this entirely wrong, as usual. The mayor of SF, when asked if Pelosi violated the city health order:

"So look, Nancy Pelosi has done so much for this city and even this country and in the midst of this pandemic and all the stuff that’s happening amidst this election, she is in Washington D.C. fighting against a tyrant every single day," Breed said. "We need to be focused on the issues and the fact that over 180,000 people have died in this country and we have a president that continues to divide us."

YGBSM. Can democrats just have some integrity and condemn that she did the exact opposite of what they've been saying? Why doesn't she just admit guilt and apologize? Why is the political system so broken in this country?

What choice is there for a rational voter when it's just Republicans and Democrats? Every day further convinces me that constitutional amendments are in order: ranked choice voting and term limits for people in congress.

• Upvote 9

Also, I just looked into the actual comorbidities page on the CDC website, and some of the top conditions that were present when patients died of COVID that were counted as comorbidities were pneumonia, respiratory distress syndrome, respiratory arrest, and respiratory failure... Also, they listed cardiac arrest - something that happens when you die - as a comorbidity. If you don't see how the data is being skewed here, you're being intellectually dishonest. Seems fairly obvious that the overwhelming majority of people who died of COVID - a disease that is known to cause respiratory and heart issues - should have associated respiratory and heart issues when they die.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR3-wrg3tTKK5-9tOHPGAHWFVO3DfslkJ0KsDEPQpWmPbKtp6EsoVV2Qs1Q

(Table 3)

We've known all along that COVID causes people to have pneumonia, a cough, trouble breathing, and respiratory distress. Don't pretend like a report that says that those conditions happen in people with COVID is some sort of proof that COVID's actual death rate is vastly overstated.

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2020 at 4:58 PM, Desk Jobs Suck said:

It's ok for Nancy Pelosi to go to a hair salon in shut down California, then claiming she "didn't know the rules". Rules for thee

Deny. Deflect. Make counter accusations. 

SOP for politicians is point blame for their own choices, especially when caught. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, brawnie said:

Also, I just looked into the actual comorbidities ......If you don't see how the data is being skewed here, you're being intellectually dishonest.

Doesn't co-morbidity literal mean died with?  The list of co-morbidities is larger than the total.

The data isn't being skewed, people are interpreting it with their previous biases.  "Data driven" is the new buzzword to mean "I'm spouting numbers, but don't actually understand what the scientific method really means."

• Like 1

I think it’s fair to say I’m on the side of “COVID-19 is being overblown.” However, it pains me when people throw out the 6% number based on a reading of death certificates.

My girlfriend had COVID and it really messed her up. Today, (nearly 6 months later) she can’t walk up more than a few flights of stairs because her lungs just won’t get the O2 needed. The doc has her on all kinds of things to try and help, and I think eventually she’ll regain her ability to breathe like before.

I mention that because if she died today, say from just going too hard in a workout or straining herself, what would the coroner put down? Probably something pulmonary-related, but there’s a decent chance he/she would see COVID in her medical records and add that too. And you know what? They wouldn’t be wrong. COVID started the problems.

For a parallel that might help, people don’t die only from HIV. That virus simply opens their bodies up to death from other things, such as infection. Should a coroner not note HIV alongside death by sepsis?

Put simply, there’s far too much variability in what a coroner can put down on that paper to read too deeply into it. I think the death toll is significantly less than the 180,000 number, but it sure isn’t 0.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

You guys have any experience with this training? At my org (group level), we went around the room and, if you were white, you basically had to admit how you have been privileged and how you have internal biases. Super not awkward and fake, let me tell you. And this wasn’t optional. Literally every person had to talk.

If you were black, you had to go around and tell the room about your experiences being oppressed based on your skin color. One of the TSgts didn’t know what to say and started rambling about how she’s never had a bad experience or felt scared until the last week when a rent a cop pulled her over on base for speeding. She went on to say that the cop was super nice and did nothing wrong, but that she felt like she should be scared so she was.

We are creating victims and people with victim complexes. It also amplifies any sort of racial divide that existed before. The whole training takes away from the fact that there really are race bias problems out there, and that is what we should be focusing on.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, brawnie said:

You guys have any experience with this training? At my org (group level), we went around the room and, if you were white, you basically had to admit how you have been privileged and how you have internal biases. Super not awkward and fake, let me tell you. And this wasn’t optional. Literally every person had to talk.

If you were black, you had to go around and tell the room about your experiences being oppressed based on your skin color. One of the TSgts didn’t know what to say and started rambling about how she’s never had a bad experience or felt scared until the last week when a rent a cop pulled her over on base for speeding. She went on to say that the cop was super nice and did nothing wrong, but that she felt like she should be scared so she was.

We are creating victims and people with victim complexes. It also amplifies any sort of racial divide that existed before. The whole training takes away from the fact that there really are race bias problems out there, and that is what we should be focusing on.

Had a contrasting experience. Learned a lot about the folks I work with. Never thought about a lot of what was discussed. A number of people brought to tears with a significantly poignant story. Overheard one of the staunch “the best way to end this problem is not to discuss it” people tell the person who organized the training “thanks, I’m glad we had this talk; I think I need to listen more.” We didn’t have a 100% talking rule and attendance/tracking was intentionally obfuscated... and by that I mean we definitely had 100% attendance to meet the mandate.