The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

2 hours ago, Prozac said:

Here’s a photo. It’s disturbing and I debated posting it here but I think it’s relevant and appropriate in response to your post:

Brickhistory, I find your post to be in poor taste and antithetical to American values.  I don’t know you.  The fact that you’re active on this board means that in all likelihood you are in fact a veteran who loves his country.  I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re a decent human being who will take my comments as considered criticism and not a personal attack.  That’s not what this is.  But to equate American citizens protesting in the streets to “skinnies” is abhorrent.  We are talking about Kenosha Wisconsin, USA, not Mogadishu. EVEN if some of these protesters were participating in illegal activities, they are US citizens entitled to due process, not foreign enemies to be shot down in the streets. Celebrating and lionizing the actions of a misguided, scared, seventeen year old vigilante is beyond the pale. I never thought I’d see the day when a fellow veteran would refer to fellow citizens in the streets as skinnies and celebrate their murders. Pleas reconsider your statements.

Can't disagree with your comments on calling them "skinnies."  However, how about posting the picture of the convict chasing the 17 year old down and tossing an object at him, or the picture of him taking a skateboard to his head, or the picture of the other convict with a hand gun?  How about the video of that same individual that threw the object at this kid, aggressively threatening the very people defending the properties?   That said, if these people keep it up, they are going to awaken a sleeping giant that is Americans who just want to be left alone.  You're upset, be all means go protest and air your grievances, but when you start destroying private citizens business and property, well that's when I stop defending you.  There will be more and more of these bands of citizens who take up arms to defend their towns if local leadership can't/won't get the protestor under control...and there will be much more bloodshed.  You try something like this in my home town and there will be a lot more people with extra holes in their bodies.   Maybe if more them starting getting shot or having the shit beat out of them, they'll stop destroying their fucking cities.  Anarchists want anarchy, until they get bloodied...

Edited by SocialD
  • Like 4

It's not against the law in WI for a 17yo to possess a long arm under adult supervision on private property. This was intended to allow children to hunt but apparently the law is vague enough that several defense attorneys think it will make a robust defense as Rittenhouse was on private property at invitation of the property owner before being chased off. Also worth noting he did not own the firearm and did not carry it across state lines. It was given to him in WI. I can't find more details but it sounds like it may belong to the friend who's property he was defending. 

It's unclear how the first shooting went down. The defense claims a protestor through a Molotov or some flaming object at Rittenhouse but there is no stand your ground laws or castle doctrine in WI. He would have to demonstrate he didn't have a reasonable means of retreat. Plausible either way. 

In WI self defense does not apply if you are committing another crime when you defend yourself. So hanging him on illegal possession of a firearm is a clear win for a prosecutor. However they are trying him for murder as an adult. A certain ethical question will arise when it is asked how his criminal status is regulated to the law regarding him as a child, but his due process regards him as an adult. Can he be both? 

Certainly interesting. From the video allone it looks like clear self defense to me, but everything really hinges on 1.) Did he have the firearm legally and 2.) Was the first shooting in self defense? 

Edit: Here is a link to the video. This looks like clear self defense, especially since he is agressively trying to get away before opening fire. However, this is after the first shooting, and the prosecuting attorney will likely narrate that the mob is trying to disarm/take him into custody after the first shooting. 

Edited by FLEA

At what point is somebody being disarmed for firing shots become self-defense on the part of the shooter?

Honest question because everything out of this right now is clouded in the fog of crafted narratives to fit whatever agenda is being put forward.

The same event may seem to protesters like an attempt to disarm and prevent an active shooter situation while also seeming like self defense to prevent a mob attack.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Breckey said:

The same event may seem to protesters like an attempt to disarm and prevent an active shooter situation while also seeming like self defense to prevent a mob attack.

Ya, when a kid is running down the middle of the street (TOWARD the police) and not raising his gun to anyone...you kinda lose that defense.  The kids is going to face some weapons related charges no doubt, but from all the videos I've seen, his self defense claim will stick.  Oh and don't bring a skateboard to a gun fight...let him keep running and watch from a distance, the police were seriously a block away.

17 minutes ago, Breckey said:

At what point is somebody being disarmed for firing shots become self-defense on the part of the shooter?

Honest question because everything out of this right now is clouded in the fog of crafted narratives to fit whatever agenda is being put forward.

Two sides to every story and the truth somewhere in there as well.

Yet, the manbun brigade didn't need to wait for the truth regarding the black guy shot to kick off the Kenosha games.

So, only one side gets held to the truth standard?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Prozac said:

Here’s a photo. It’s disturbing and I debated posting it here but I think it’s relevant and appropriate in response to your post:

00B02C68-6BAA-4479-B8D4-B04FD1C5070E.thumb.jpeg.c336891d8a742f3b6162566400d2cfe7.jpeg

The photo appears to show a couple of Kyle Rittenhouse’s victims. In the foreground, clutching his chest, is Anthony Huber who was “armed” with a skateboard and apparently attempting to disarm Rittenhouse. He collapsed in that spot and died shortly after this photo was taken. Standing in front of Rittenhouse is Gaige Grosskreutz. It’s hard to see in this picture but he was apparently armed. Still, in the photo he is in a clearly unthreatening stance with his hands in the air, perhaps attempting to talk Rittenhouse down. He was shot in the arm. The events surrounding Rittenhouse’s first shooting event, which resulted in the death of Joseph Rosenbaum are less clear but reports are that someone other than Rosenbaum fired a gun into the air, after which Rosenbaum lunged at Rittenhouse and was shot in the head. I have not seen evidence indicating that Rosenbaum himself was armed. 

Kyle Rittenhouse took a firearm that he apparently wasn’t authorized to own across state lines to a city in which he didn’t reside ostensibly to defend local businesses. He was young, immature, untrained in crowd control or use of force, and probably scared. He had no business injecting himself into that situation and the results were predictably tragic. 

Brickhistory, I find your post to be in poor taste and antithetical to American values.  I don’t know you.  The fact that you’re active on this board means that in all likelihood you are in fact a veteran who loves his country.  I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re a decent human being who will take my comments as considered criticism and not a personal attack.  That’s not what this is.  But to equate American citizens protesting in the streets to “skinnies” is abhorrent.  We are talking about Kenosha Wisconsin, USA, not Mogadishu. EVEN if some of these protesters were participating in illegal activities, they are US citizens entitled to due process, not foreign enemies to be shot down in the streets. Celebrating and lionizing the actions of a misguided, scared, seventeen year old vigilante is beyond the pale. I never thought I’d see the day when a fellow veteran would refer to fellow citizens in the streets as skinnies and celebrate their murders. Pleas reconsider your statements.

There is no way you can be taken seriously. 

You post a single picture from a complex situation (there are several videos of it which would completely debunk the spin you're putting on it), and attribute a narrative to it while intentionally leaving out numerous facts.  Perhaps you missed your calling as a modern day journalist. 

Let's dissect your post.  First, these guys weren't "victims".  They were chasing an armed dude down who just defended his life, and Anthony Huber attacked him with his skateboard (on video), which 100% is a deadly object.  He was shot in the chest and died.

Gaige Grosskreutz did not have his hands up for more than a very brief moment, the he charged .  He was joining in on attacking Rittenhouse,  was armed, and was shot in the arm. 

The events immediately leading to the first shooting of Joseph Rosenbaum are very clear from several available videos.  He was pursuing a retreating Rittenhouse with what any objective person would agree was an aggressive disposition, while shots were fired from a third party.  He got to within touching distance of Rittenhouse and was shot and died.

I agree with your second paragraph if Kyle took a gun across state lines.  Looking at the second part of your post, though, I'll make a few changes to reflect the feelings of a growing number of Americans:

Many RIOTERS crossed states lines to a city in which they didn't reside, ostensibly to destroy local businesses.  They were young and old, immature, untrained in crowd control or use of force, and seemingly not scared.  They had no business injecting themselves into the situation they created, and since armed Americans trying to protect others were present, the results were predictably tragic. 

Prozac, I find your post to be in poor taste and antithetical to American values.  I don’t know you.  The fact that you’re active on this board means that in all likelihood you are in fact a veteran who loves his country.  I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re a decent human being who will take my comments as considered criticism and not a personal attack. That’s not what this is.  But to equate American citizens rioting in the streets and attacking a scared young kid just trying to naively help protect innocent people to “victims” is abhorrent.  We're talking about people trying to burn down Kenosha Wisconsin, USA, not Mogadishu.  EVEN if some of these armed civilian business protectors were participating in illegal activities, they are US citizens entitled to due process, not foreign enemies to be attacked in the streets by a rioting mob of felons (all three shot had impressive records).

With more calling for de-funding the police, crazy assholes rioting and wanting to take it to the suburbs, and local governments stepping back to let shit play out, this is the only logical outcome.  The vast majority of people want to preserve America rather than destroy it while turning us into a lawless entity, and we will start to see more and more of these scenes develop.  I also find it strange that you would call out another vet because they called a bunch of rioters "skinnies".  I think you're offense to the pejorative is manufactured.  The truth is the threat these rioters pose to Americans, on American soil no less, is far greater than any Somalian in Mogadishu, and they weren't shot down in the streets in the manner you implied.  They were killed while acting as parts of a mob burning a city, by a dude defending his own life as they attacked him.  A military member called them a name which, on this forum, universally ID's them as pieces of shit.  While you may not agree, it's batshit crazy for you to not understand where Brick was coming from. 

Edited by Grabby
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, Prozac said:

I’ve heard this from a lot of folks and seen a lot of similar Facebook posts. Yet there never seems to be any proof to back these stories up. Care to provide some form of documentation that says this incident actually happened the way you claim it did?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/florida-motorcyclist-covid-death/. This guys death was initially recorded as Covid but then changed.  Why was it recorded as COVID in the first place?

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/07/19/concerns-arise-some-receive-positive-covid-results-never-got-tested/

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/people-never-tested-covid-19-report-calls-saying-theyre-infected/CRJSXJC6EFD5TAC6AFWZFFQYP4/

Edited by TreeA10
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Breckey said:

Violence is messy.  Always has been, always will be.  This is why the state having the monopoly on the legitimate use of it is so important to maintaining modern society.  Rioting is a bad idea, vigilantism is a bad idea.  People flabbergasted that this is possible in America is amazingly naive.

If you're seriously curious about self defense law, read: "The Law of Self Defense" by Andrew Branca

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Homestar said:

Seems to me that this kid traveled to WI in order to get into a fight he could win with his gun. Strikes me as an opportunity to kill someone and get away with it. 

Seems to me you joined the military because you're a sociopath that knows you'd be able to kill people and get away with it.

Kind of a basket of baseless assumptions, no?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems to me you joined the military because you're a sociopath that knows you'd be able to kill people and get away with it.
Kind of a basket of baseless assumptions, no?

Dude, normally I agree with everything you say, but this is a stretch. I think I know you’re not being 100% serious, but still. Comparing a 17 yr old KID who, allegedly, crossed state lines with a weapon, where he clearly wasn’t needed or recruited, to an active duty member of the military, who is clearly needed and was recruited is nowhere close to on point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slackline said:

Dude, normally I agree with everything you say, but this is a stretch. I think I know you’re not being 100% serious, but still. Comparing a 17 yr old KID who, allegedly, crossed state lines with a weapon, where he clearly wasn’t needed or recruited, to an active duty member of the military, who is clearly needed and was recruited is nowhere close to on point.

That point is one that is actually made by anti-war activists in this country.  And yes, it was intended to be inflammatory.  Assuming sociopathic motivation of someone's actions based on conjecture is preposterous.

Anyone can do 30 seconds of googling to find a video of someone interviewing the kid before all the shit happened.  He seems like a kid with naive wet dreams of being a patriot, and  spends too much time with gun nuts that have only an academic and fantastical understanding of violence.  The types that masturbate over Grossman's books and talks about colors of awareness and crap like that.  None of that makes him a cat killing psychopath that wanted to kill people and get away with it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Prozac said:

Not true. Here is an article from the Denver Post that explains why government reimbursement to hospitals is higher for treatment of Covid-19 patients, but that there is no extra money associated with reporting deaths.

It’s true...hospital admins are the most reliable source, the Denver post is not. They literally have received more money if the patient is in the hospital for covid. Now maybe that program truly has good intentions (and I can see that), but it is a direct financial incentive to label someone as a covid patient, which absolutely skews case and death numbers. 

18 minutes ago, Breckey said:

Getting away from the protests for a bit, the House will vote on a bill to remove marijuana from the list of controlled substances and leave it up to the states to determine legalization.
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/514237-house-to-vote-on-a-bill-to-remove-cannabis-from-list-of-controlled-substances
Discuss.

It's a start

11 hours ago, busdriver said:

He seems like a kid with naive wet dreams of being a patriot, and  spends too much time with gun nuts that have only an academic and fantastical understanding of violence.  The types that masturbate over Grossman's books and talks about colors of awareness and crap like that. 

You’re right, it’s an unreasonable stretch of the imagination to think that this kid has delusions of grandeur and doesn’t understand the consequences of walking into a riot where he had no business with an AR. 

15 hours ago, Homestar said:

Strikes me as an opportunity to kill someone and get away with it. 

1 hour ago, Homestar said:

delusions of grandeur and doesn’t understand the consequences 

So you do or don't understand the difference between these two statements?

6 hours ago, Breckey said:

Getting away from the protests for a bit, the House will vote on a bill to remove marijuana from the list of controlled substances and leave it up to the states to determine legalization.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/514237-house-to-vote-on-a-bill-to-remove-cannabis-from-list-of-controlled-substances

Discuss.

long overdue...time to end the "war on drugs" as we know it, too.

9 hours ago, Breckey said:

Discuss.

At a minimum they need to reclassify it. The fact that it’s a Schedule 1 narcotic, like Meth and Coke is laughable. Once the federal government realizes how much tax revenue they can steal, it will be acceptable.