The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1256366878873792512

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265255835124539392?s=20

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.10tv.com/amp/article/news/nation-world/trump-november-election/507-ae05a9c5-99e0-48f1-b4d6-5da1e500ce10

The administration is basically setting up the ability to claim “fake news,” no matter what, when they lose. Which is good, because then they can get the eight more years he’s been floating.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-third-term-because-they-spied-on-him-1045743/amp/

If Obama said this stuff, it probably would’ve been cool, right?

3 hours ago, brawnie said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1256366878873792512

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265255835124539392?s=20

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.10tv.com/amp/article/news/nation-world/trump-november-election/507-ae05a9c5-99e0-48f1-b4d6-5da1e500ce10

The administration is basically setting up the ability to claim “fake news,” no matter what, when they lose. Which is good, because then they can get the eight more years he’s been floating.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-third-term-because-they-spied-on-him-1045743/amp/

If Obama said this stuff, it probably would’ve been cool, right?

Edit: I'm drunk. I'll reattack when I'm sober.

Edited by FLEA
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, FLEA said:

Edit: I'm drunk. I'll reattack when I'm sober.

Hahaha. Yes, I read my initial response and it was completely senseless. Rather than try and piece it together, just call knock-it-off until my brain is 100% again. Anyway, my general opinion is any discussion Trump has of a third term is brought on by the Democrats. They made this an issue by literally handing him the justification with what we really need to recognize was their own election tampering in the form of inappropriately using federal investigation as a tool to damage an opposition presidential campaign. I would bitch too if I felt my entire first term was hampered by deep state political appointees who can't get with the program and realize the republic lawfully instilled new leadership and its completely immoral to believe you can sabotage national policy at the tactical level by hampering White House direction. 

They are all demons at the top and there are no moral actors. Trump was exactly right about one thing though. He absolutely could have walked in the middle of Time's Square and murdered somebody in broad daylight and still got elected. Joe Biden could do the exact same thing and guess what? His base is still going to vote for him. 

We need to filter out the discussion on corruption, morals, anti-constitutionality, etc.... because the reality is as voters, by and large, people don't really care. They are voting on the President for action and policy, not for moral judgement. Every discussion of "but he inappropriately said this" or "this photo came out" is white noise that really has no bearing on the candidate. Especially when both candidates are both god awful human beings. 

Trump won't get a third term because too many power hungry politicians at the top of the RNC will want their shot at office and they wont give him a third term nomination no matter how much he stretches the constitutionality of it. It really isn't important to pay any attention to his discussion of it. He will leave office because an entire working class of government officials including the Secret Service, under Hippocratic oath, will still do their part and ensure he leaves. 

Trump also does a great job of trolling the media, liberals, and leftists...but I repeat myself.  Trump throws out comments he knows are going to set those people off and they fall for it every. Single. Time.  They will spin themselves into a frenzy much like a cat after the little red dot of a laser pointer.  Can't say I approve of the technique but it can be entertaining to watch.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

Trump also does a great job of trolling the media, liberals, and leftists...but I repeat myself. 

Dude, he does it to everyone.  It's not some pre-thought out plan to troll...he says dumb shit like a Lt fighting the debrief.  There's no though to it outside, "Get out of trouble/say something "smart"/slam the person mean to me."  People still acting like this dude has a plan...how?

There's been things he's said that has freaked out Ben Shapiro, the folks over at FoxNews, and Drudge.  Real bastions of SJW thought.

Unless we've now changed the story and all media is against him?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FLEA said:

Hahaha. Yes, I read my initial response and it was completely senseless. Rather than try and piece it together, just call knock-it-off until my brain is 100% again. Anyway, my general opinion is any discussion Trump has of a third term is brought on by the Democrats. They made this an issue by literally handing him the justification with what we really need to recognize was their own election tampering in the form of inappropriately using federal investigation as a tool to damage an opposition presidential campaign. I would bitch too if I felt my entire first term was hampered by deep state political appointees who can't get with the program and realize the republic lawfully instilled new leadership and its completely immoral to believe you can sabotage national policy at the tactical level by hampering White House direction. 

They are all demons at the top and there are no moral actors. Trump was exactly right about one thing though. He absolutely could have walked in the middle of Time's Square and murdered somebody in broad daylight and still got elected. Joe Biden could do the exact same thing and guess what? His base is still going to vote for him. 

We need to filter out the discussion on corruption, morals, anti-constitutionality, etc.... because the reality is as voters, by and large, people don't really care. They are voting on the President for action and policy, not for moral judgement. Every discussion of "but he inappropriately said this" or "this photo came out" is white noise that really has no bearing on the candidate. Especially when both candidates are both god awful human beings. 

Trump won't get a third term because too many power hungry politicians at the top of the RNC will want their shot at office and they wont give him a third term nomination no matter how much he stretches the constitutionality of it. It really isn't important to pay any attention to his discussion of it. He will leave office because an entire working class of government officials including the Secret Service, under Hippocratic oath, will still do their part and ensure he leaves. 

You’re saying that the president can say things that are anywhere from misleading to entirely incorrect then hand wave it as sarcasm or trolling?

A large portion of the world typically listens to the US president as a source of credible information. Expecting all of society at all levels of intelligence to understand the presidents unclear rhetoric is inane. I don’t know how you can’t believe that lying about things can’t affect public opinion and following public policy.

On the positive side, for you, when the president says things like he “deserves” a third term, you can say he was jk lol 😂 Trollin Da libs, and just not address anything you don’t feel like addressing. It turns most arguments into “you just didn’t understand what he meant.”

38 minutes ago, brawnie said:

You’re saying that the president can say things that are anywhere from misleading to entirely incorrect then hand wave it as sarcasm or trolling?

A large portion of the world typically listens to the US president as a source of credible information. Expecting all of society at all levels of intelligence to understand the presidents unclear rhetoric is inane. I don’t know how you can’t believe that lying about things can’t affect public opinion and following public policy.

On the positive side, for you, when the president says things like he “deserves” a third term, you can say he was jk lol 😂 Trollin Da libs, and just not address anything you don’t feel like addressing. It turns most arguments into “you just didn’t understand what he meant.”

Doesn't matter. You don't think Obama lied? Bush lied? Clinton flat out lied and was impeached for it. Boris Johnson lies. Merkel lies. The King of Thailand is about to lose his throne largely for telling a lot of lies. Noone uses the office of the US president as a credible source of information. If we did we wouldn't have fact checkers. Noone cares if a head of state lies. It's expected with the position. 

My point to all this is people are trying to illustrate a case that Trump is bad for the country because he is immoral and anti constitutional, yet the reality is those aren't things voters look for. 

On 8/20/2020 at 6:51 PM, Sim said:

Speaking of woke. Why are people running away from woke cities? 

demoncrats.jpeg

It used to be funny but now it’s not.  Those same idiots running away bring their politics with them.  Hence why there is a growing liberal enclave in Austin TX and Houston. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dream big said:

It used to be funny but now it’s not.  Those same idiots running away bring their politics with them.  Hence why there is a growing liberal enclave in Austin TX and Houston. 

You can't fix stupid. AZ has the same problem with people from CA. They can't afford to live there and the state is a mess but they vote for the policies that created the environment that caused their flight. Idiots.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Pooter said:

Trump is a dumpster fire.

The democrat platform is a dumpster fire.

I will vote for whoever can be proven to be slightly less of a dumpster fire.

Go

Has your life worsened between 2016 and now? Apart from Covid, which is a global pandemic, how has Trump hurt your life? A lot of good changes between his election and now.  Lower taxes, ISIS eliminated, strong economy.  Not bad things at all.

Biden? He won’t make it more than a few months past the election.  Which means Kamala Harris as your POTUS.  A radical California politician who stands against everything American.  Higher taxes, open borders, gun grabber...you name it.

Trump’s “dumpster fire” is much more palatable.  Questions? 

Edited by dream big
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

The majority of the “trumps a dumpster fire” crowd boils down to they don’t like his personality, how he communicates (verbal and written), etc. It has little to nothing to do with policies and facts/results related to those policies. I’m not saying they’re wrong to dislike that side of him, but I do think it’s ridiculous that many have essentially boiled this whole thing down to I don’t like his face, so I’m voting for the other person. I feel like we’re in high school where kids vote for the popular girl who’s a total dipshit over the unpopular girl who actually has great ideas and follow through that’ll make HS better for the majority. Half of America has been swooned by the hot chick who will drive this bitch into the ground...but she’s not that other chick, so totally worth it!!! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Biden is a career politician, who’s showing obvious signs of mental decay. A vote for him, is a vote for Harris as POTUS. And if the far left gets into power, it will only be a matter of when, they decide that the “Imperialist” US military needs to have budgets slashed. I hate Trumps delivery, but he believes in the idea of having strong national defense; and that means funding it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dream big said:

Has your life worsened between 2016 and now? Apart from Covid, which is a global pandemic, how has Trump hurt your life? A lot of good changes between his election and now.  Lower taxes, ISIS eliminated, strong economy.  Not bad things at all.

Biden? He won’t make it more than a few months past the election.  Which means Kamala Harris as your POTUS.  A radical California politician who stands against everything American.  Higher taxes, open borders, gun grabber...you name it.

Trump’s “dumpster fire” is much more palatable.  Questions? 

I get what you’re trying to say, but you could say this about almost every president. I bet you didn’t vote for Obama in 2012, but did your life get worse? Doubt you can argue it significantly affected any aspect of your life, but I bet it felt like it did. It’s the same, now.

In my mind, our national debt has ballooned, healthcare options for my brothers and sisters that aren’t in the military have gotten more expensive and less available, and I don’t realistically believe that the economy has really gotten better.

I enjoy that my 401k has done well, but I don’t enjoy the fact that, when I tried to help my 26 year old nephew (who unfortunately isn’t that smart) find a plan to move out of his parents house, there was no reasonable option other than to take on gig economy jobs and have 2 roommates. You make minimum wage in the majority of the US, your take home pay is on the realm of 1200 dollars a month. Show me how you budget that out in any average CoL area (healthcare+rent+car+food alone exceeds that). He looked into trades, which is probably what he’s going to go with, but that brings his pay to ~$15 an hour, or 1800 dollars a month, but no one would accept him without a personal connection to his family. It’s not as easy as people make it out to be. Finally, told him to join the military, but he’s not medically qualified.

The fundamental disagreement I have with you, I think, is that I believe tax rates are probably too low. Mainly at the highest echelons of society, but even at our level. The bottom 50% of society has a horribly hard time due to exponentially increasing rent and education prices, all while wages stagnate. No real income improvement for lower middle class in decades. On top of this, we aren’t anywhere close to balancing budgets, as we are approaching $27T of debt. That comes out to over $200k a taxpayer, and it’s only going up. How are we going to deal with that? *crickets* I believe that this is an example of something that has become markedly worse over the last 4 years. Please look at the marginal tax rates (don’t worry about the article if you don’t want, just the graphs) over the last 70 years, and realize that what you think about “trickle down” or tax rates did not apply during the greatest periods of real economic expansion in the US. Bottom line, taxes MUST go up:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/06/opinion/income-tax-rate-wealthy.html

I encourage you to read about “quantitative easing” and its effect on stock prices. Bottom line, the stock market is inflated, grossly. An additional $3-5T has been added to the money supply of the market (estimated at ~$30T) over the past 4 years by the federal reserve balance sheet. We should have tightened when we had a chance (2016-2019) but the first, and I think only, time that they tried to do that, the DOW dropped slightly. Now you and the rest of America are addicted to seeing the numbers go up, and even with the highest unemployment and lowest wage growth in recent history, we have ATHs in the stock market. And that’s why we’re gonna have $10T on the fed balance sheet. It’s akin to airlines doing stock buybacks then asking for handouts, when we should stop robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Global warming is real, and its effects are real. The scientific community has a very strong consensus on this. Current admin: at best, no plans; at worst, open and push for coal and actively make the situation worse. We have to invest in future technology. And that’s gonna cost money.

These posts are useless, because you’ll find one thing that you disagree with and then entirely disregard the rest, but a lot of people aren’t voting against trump just cause “Orange man bad.” And, I will say, Biden is a terrible choice. But he’s still better.

Edited by brawnie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, brabus said:

The majority of the “trumps a dumpster fire” crowd boils down to they don’t like his personality, how he communicates (verbal and written), etc. It has little to nothing to do with policies and facts/results related to those policies. I’m not saying they’re wrong to dislike that side of him, but I do think it’s ridiculous that many have essentially boiled this whole thing down to I don’t like his face, so I’m voting for the other person. I feel like we’re in high school where kids vote for the popular girl who’s a total dipshit over the unpopular girl who actually has great ideas and follow through that’ll make HS better for the majority. Half of America has been swooned by the hot chick who will drive this bitch into the ground...but she’s not that other chick, so totally worth it!!! 

The majority of Trump supporters support him just because his name reads “Trump (R),” so I don’t see how that’s any different.

If we point out the numerous criminal indictments, the “individual number 1” from Comeys arrest, the senate report from the last 2 weeks that says that Russia definitively colluded with a certain campaign to interfere with the 2016 election (read it), the tapes asking Ukraine to personally help the president with reelection, the president saying that the white supremacists at Charlottesville were “very fine people,” the inane policy in the Middle East (where I’m sure you all have been)...

Youre right, it’s just that he says “the blacks love me,” I can “grab em by the pu$$y,” and his other idiosyncrasies that, at best, make him the same as Joe Biden. Remember, he’s very smart (but would sue his “Ivy League” colleges to stop his transcripts from getting out) and very successful in business (but has sued at every step to stop the “very damaging” tax returns from being released).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jrizzell said:

Biden is a career politician, who’s showing obvious signs of mental decay. A vote for him, is a vote for Harris as POTUS. And if the far left gets into power, it will only be a matter of when, they decide that the “Imperialist” US military needs to have budgets slashed. I hate Trumps delivery, but he believes in the idea of having strong national defense; and that means funding it.

Anyone remember sequestration in 2013? Flying hours cut, mishaps skyrocketed down range.  I 100% blame Obama for that.  Yeah..I’ll take Trump any day of the year. 

• Upvote 2