The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

19 hours ago, brickhistory said:

<snip>

Tough if you don't like being reminded that a US President ordered the deliberate execution of a US citizen without benefit of trial.

<snip>

We're you referring to the Obama~Bin Laden operation?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, GrndPndr said:

We're you referring to the Obama~Bin Laden operation?

No.

That was a good call and I give President Obama full credit for the decision.

Of note, of course, was that Biden is on the record as having been against the decision.

Edited by brickhistory
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2020 at 10:49 AM, Guardian said:

Personal opinion. Trump is the best president we have ever had. By leaps and bounds. And he doesn’t put up with drama or victim culture. Which is why the current mix of politics is so explosive. Because there is a lot of that on the left right now.

I guess you're not old enough to remember Reagan! 

From the Archives: Former President Reagan Dies at 93 - Los ...

• Like 10

On 8/7/2020 at 8:40 PM, M2 said:

I guess you're not old enough to remember Reagan! 

From the Archives: Former President Reagan Dies at 93 - Los ...

Since I'm becoming that age. SS started being taxed under his watch. Didn't take notice then but I am now.

5 hours ago, Sim said:

Can woke please explain Postal-Gate. Latest left's conspiracy theory. 

postaloffice.jpeg

I'll trade for any truly woke #WW1GWA patriot to explain Qanon. Latest right wing conspiracy theory.

Relative sent me this golden nugget on fb unironically 

received_3393213394105721.jpeg

I'll trade for any truly woke #WW1GWA patriot to explain Qanon. Latest right wing conspiracy theory.
Relative sent me this golden nugget on fb unironically 

Don’t know what you hashtagged and QAnon is scary as hell. But the Atlantic does a good job explaining why otherwise sane people believe the nonsense:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/06/qanon-nothing-can-stop-what-is-coming/610567/
  • Upvote 1

The President is vehemently opposed to additional funding for the USPS, and his recently appointed Postmaster General has slowed service, taken sorting machines offline, and already warned nearly every state that delivery of ballots will likely be delayed for the November general election.

When asked why he opposed the funding, Trump said, “They want three and a half billion dollars for something that'll turn out to be fraudulent, that's election money basically. They want three and a half billion dollars for the mail-in votes. Universal mail-in ballots. They want $25 billion, billion, for the Post Office. Now they need that money in order to make the Post Office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots. But if they don't get those two items that means you can't have universal mail-in voting because you they're not equipped to have it.”

So it’s not a conspiracy theory to say Trump opposes voters having access to absentee ballots and vote-by-mail, and is both rejecting money the USPS has requested and is actively doing what he can to hamstring the service already. Only a few states conduct elections entirely by mail, most changes for 2020 revolve around allowing more voters to resist absentee ballots, either with no excise required or by allowing fears of contracting COVID as a valid excuse.

Meanwhile he and Melania voted via absentee ballot in the Florida Republican primary so...🤷‍♂️

The USPS is literally in the constitution and has the highest approval rating of any government institution. Voting by mail doesn’t really favor either party, and several states that have run all-mail elections for years, including ones that elect lots of Democrats (Oregon) and ones that elect lots of Republicans (Utah).

We’re fighting about the dumbest things imaginable at this point 🤦‍♂️

Edited by nsplayr

5 hours ago, M2 said:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/docs/pacei-voterfraudcases.pdf

In other words, if you can protest, you can get your ass to the polls and vote!

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/494189-lets-put-the-vote-by-mail-fraud-myth-to-rest

One hundred forty-three cases of fraud using mailed ballots over the course of 20 years comes out to seven to eight cases per year, nationally. It also means that across the 50 states, there has been an average of three cases per state over the 20-year span. That is just one case per state every six or seven years. We are talking about an occurrence that translates to about 0.00006 percent of total votes cast.

Oregon is the state that started mailing ballots to all voters in 2000 and has worked diligently to put in place stringent security measures, as well as strict punishments for those who would tamper with a mailed ballot. For that state, the following numbers apply: With well over 50 million ballots cast, there have been only two fraud cases verifiable enough to result in convictions for mail-ballot fraud in 20 years. That is 0.000004 percent — about five times less likely than getting hit by lightning in the United States.

Out of the millions of ballots cast since 2000, Oregon has had 15 cases of voting fraud in 20 years using mail-in voting. 

Edited by Sua Sponte

if you think that with how much the left HATES trump that they WONT DO ANYTHING TO DEFEAT HIM (mail in fraud), then you're an idiot. truly.

sending a mail in ballot to every registered voter in the country has never been done. there is no STUDY. absentee voting is not the same as MASS mail voting to every voter.

Americans need to get their ass to the polls, stand in line w/ their masks on, 6 feet, and vote.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

if you think that with how much the left HATES trump that they WONT DO ANYTHING TO DEFEAT HIM (mail in fraud), then you're an idiot. truly.

sending a mail in ballot to every registered voter in the country has never been done. there is no STUDY. absentee voting is not the same as MASS mail voting to every voter.

Americans need to get their ass to the polls, stand in line w/ their masks on, 6 feet, and vote.

So, it's never been done on that scale, but instead of trying it to get data points to see if it works or not, they shouldn't do it? Yet the states that offer it (including the one I'm in and have done the past three years), have had success with it. Interesting thought process. How about explaining to the retards in Florida how voting works so they aren't the cause of another SCOTUS ruling during another presidential election.

Edited by Sua Sponte

7 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

So, it's never been done on that scale, but instead of trying it to get data points to see if it works or not, they shouldn't do it? Yet the states that offer it (including the one I'm in and have done the past three years), have had success with it. Interesting thought process. How about explaining to the retards in Florida how voting works so they aren't the cause of another SCOTUS ruling during another presidential election.

Considering how many dead people got stimulus checks...I'm not sure just shotgunning ballots to the last known address of registered voters is a winning strategy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, pawnman said:

Considering how many dead people got stimulus checks...I'm not sure just shotgunning ballots to the last known address of registered voters is a winning strategy.

I'm sure no one dies or has a change in address in Oregon, California, or Washington during election years either.

20 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

First, this exact thing is done in several states and has been done successfully for decades.

Second, few new states are conducting all-mail elections in 2020. Most are using existing absentee voting systems, which the President likes and personally utilizes, to allow more people to vote via absentee ballot given the raging pandemic. Four new states are doing all-mail elections this year, and only one (Nevada) is even remotely a battleground state.

So you’re in luck! The thing you are against isn’t happening almost anywhere meaningful in terms if who becomes the next President.

Some states are mailing absentee ballot applications to voters or allowing more groups to assist voters in obtaining absentee applications, which again, is different than all-mail voting. The President seems ok with this too, or at least his campaign is...see this example of Trump campaign materials from North Carolina, which includes an absentee ballot request form.

B6456C11-860A-4538-8C21-981C78E47769.jpeg

Edited by nsplayr
  • Upvote 3