Green bag being phased out?

MFlyer99

3 hours ago, viper154 said:

I had that problem on the A2CU with my belt as well. Concur that they fade fast. Also my knee board velcro tears up the pants. As a taller otherwise average guy I find the fit much better. The real selling point for a 2 piece for me is the removable top. I take mine off in the plane, makes life much more comfortable. If we are on fire to a point I need sleeves to protect my skin I’m dead anyway. 

Yes....... this. 

I love the iconic look of the single piece but man if you are just a sweaty individual as i am, its a real pain in the ass. 

• Upvote 1

Is the Massif 2-piece OCP flight suit authorized AF-wide along with the AC2CYACTUWTF? I know only the latter is likely issued, but is the former authorized?

Have been issued the more common second one and the fit, pockets, Velcro, etc. drive me nuts. Have seen other folks wearing the Massif and it looks much better.

https://www.massif.com/2piece-flightsuit-jkt-mulcm-mil.html

The uniform reg changed the wording from A2CU to 2PFDU to cover commercial variants. I posit that it is vague for a reason. As long as it's in an OCP pattern and has the patches in the right spot shoes can't logically argue otherwise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Breckey said:

The uniform reg changed the wording from A2CU to 2PFDU to cover commercial variants. I posit that it is vague for a reason. As long as it's in an OCP pattern and has the patches in the right spot shoes can't logically argue otherwise. 

Awesome...good enough justification for me! I'm also in the Guard at our own base with no Active Duty for miles and miles, so it's a low-thread environment for E-9 harassment. Our Ops Group Chief is a Chief in the best sense of the word.

Now if we could only get the Massif ones issued...because paying out of pocket > $600 for a uniform is a little rough. I'm a spoiled flyer, I'm conditioned by years of getting my comfy green jammies for $Free.99

Edited by nsplayr

Awesome...good enough justification for me! I'm also in the Guard at our own base with no Active Duty for miles and miles, so it's a low-thread environment for E-9 harassment. Our Ops Group Chief is a Chief in the best sense of the word.
Now if we could only get the Massif ones issued...because paying out of pocket > $600 for a uniform is a little rough. I'm a spoiled flyer, I'm conditioned by years of getting my comfy green jammies for $Free.99

The last 2 at your OG are 2 of the greatest dudes that have ever put on Chief stripes.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, nsplayr said:

LOL, in 19+ years in the ANG, I've never paid for a single uniform.  Take that back, I bought my Mess dress but was provided a one time, $400 stipend, which more than paid for it.  BTW, what a waste of money...I've worn it twice (UPT grad and B-Course grade) and it still has Lt rank on it.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SocialD said:

LOL, in 19+ years in the ANG, I've never paid for a single uniform.  Take that back, I bought my Mess dress but was provided a one time, $400 stipend, which more than paid for it.  BTW, what a waste of money...I've worn it twice (UPT grad and B-Course grade) and it still has Lt rank on it.  

I hear that man...have never paid for a uniform other than some random blues pieces and some sewing. Have been in 13 years and I still don’t own mess dress...I borrowed it from a buddy for the two times I’ve needed to wear it 🇺🇸

I've avoided paying as much as possible and try to wear issues flight suit to the max extent possible. I had to buy ABUs to go to SOS though as my commissioning source gave me BDUs that phased out a year later. I want to avoid buying OCPs but I have a feeling that will catch up with me as well. 

I don't understand the intention behind officers buying their own uniforms. Like I understand we make more money. But I feel like having us buy our own crap was a rule that was thought about when we were in the same uniform for decades and didn't decide to find the newest fashion every 10 years or so. 

Sounds like ya’ll need to work out more and not just lose weight. Get that “V” shape (not excessive) working again. The difference between a few of you and me was I made it look good. Hahaha! Now I have the upside down “V” shape or more appropriately pear shape going for me, which is nice - not really. But for myself, my post military surplus green pajamas are very useful when working on the cars in comfortable weather (yeah you got me temp wise) or crawling under the house filling my pockets with camel crickets, spiders and what not. 

*When I had to buy my own boots for the first time after more than two decades of servitude, it was just another tightening of the screws that made it easier to depart the fix.

Edited by AirGuardianC141747

1 hour ago, AirGuardianC141747 said:

Sounds like ya’ll need to work out more and not just lose weight. Get that “V” shape (not excessive) working again. The difference between a few of you and me was I made it look good. Hahaha! Now I have the upside down “V” shape or more appropriately pear shape going for me, which is nice - not really. But for myself, my post military surplus green pajamas are very useful when working on the cars in comfortable weather (yeah you got me temp wise) or crawling under the house filling my pockets with camel crickets, spiders and what not. 

*When I had to buy my own boots for the first time after more than two decades of servitude, it was just another tightening of the screws that made it easier to depart the fix.

We should do a baseops charity calendar like firefighters but instead of cut chip n Dale's you have dudes with beer guts hanging out a low cocked zipper with a full can of Skoal in their mouth. I'm sure my wife would buy haha

Edited by FLEA

12 hours ago, FLEA said:

I've avoided paying as much as possible and try to wear issues flight suit to the max extent possible. I had to buy ABUs to go to SOS though as my commissioning source gave me BDUs that phased out a year later. I want to avoid buying OCPs but I have a feeling that will catch up with me as well. 

I don't understand the intention behind officers buying their own uniforms. Like I understand we make more money. But I feel like having us buy our own crap was a rule that was thought about when we were in the same uniform for decades and didn't decide to find the newest fashion every 10 years or so. 

Until the last few posts, I legit didn't know paying for uniforms was a thing for officers.  I was always under the impression that if they wanted me to wear the proper uniform, they would be issued.  I'm going to successfully avoid ever having a pair of ABUs as I've never needed them.  I am however being issued a set of OCPs, I guess we're required to have a set for an upcoming deployment.  

59 minutes ago, SocialD said:

Until the last few posts, I legit didn't know paying for uniforms was a thing for officers.  I was always under the impression that if they wanted me to wear the proper uniform, they would be issued.  I'm going to successfully avoid ever having a pair of ABUs as I've never needed them.  I am however being issued a set of OCPs, I guess we're required to have a set for an upcoming deployment.  

I got issued ADUs for a deployment, but finally had to break down and buy the OCPs for my upcoming ROTC job.

Edited by pawnman

5 hours ago, pawnman said:

I got issued ADUs for a deployment, but finally had to break down and buy the OCPs for my upcoming ROTC job.

No need, those ROTC bubbas seem to just wear blues all the time.  Save the cash and buy the cardigan. 

On 6/12/2020 at 4:12 PM, CDAWG said:

Y’all still rocking the original PTUs that were like MC Hammer pants that got turned into shorts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes and also the pants that were just parachute pants

On 6/18/2020 at 5:17 PM, 12xu2a3x3 said:

yes and also the pants that were just parachute pants

At Manas years ago some idiot called crew rest for people walking up and down the hallway in one of the dorms with those pants on making too much noise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

At Manas years ago some idiot called crew rest for people walking up and down the hallway in one of the dorms with those pants on making too much noise.

JFC please tell me he received a code red.

I always crack up hearing stories of people like that when I talk to fellow dads about how the newborn was up 5 times last night prior to our 0500 showtime. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 10:58 AM, herkbum said:

Wear those things all over the campus. I wonder how many SJWs you’ll spin up on an average day.

I plan to.  Hopefully we can implement a flight suit policy while I'm there...apparently they don't have one at the moment because none of the cadre are rated, and none of the cadets have rated slots...which is a big part of the reason the Air Force is starting to push rated officers into these jobs after years of claiming we were needed in the cockpit.

I plan to.  Hopefully we can implement a flight suit policy while I'm there...apparently they don't have one at the moment because none of the cadre are rated, and none of the cadets have rated slots...which is a big part of the reason the Air Force is starting to push rated officers into these jobs after years of claiming we were needed in the cockpit.

Which school?

I think many Women’s uniforms could be revamped. My wife despises half the uniforms she wears. The OCP & ABU pants leave a mark around her waist belly button level. Ask any women how much they love their mess dress lol. I’m lucky enough that I get to wear a belt-less uniform aka The Bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk