US Humans Back in Space

GrndPndr

They said the space suits were redesigned to look fashionable, but I am not a fan. 

Plus... everyone knows Star Wars predicted the return of the orange flightsuit / spacesuit. 
image.png

Edited by HuggyU2

1 hour ago, Breckey said:
2 hours ago, nsplayr said:
Which of those two cars is faster though emoji848.png

Probably the Tesla

Top speed the vette wins. 0-60 the tesla is almost twice as fast.  

So if quarter mile time the Tesla wins.  

Pretty incredible to watch over the past ~20 minutes. I got goosebumps a few times and felt my heart beating faster than normal, too. An unbelievably awesome feat, and my wife and I felt our already tremendous American pride swell even more.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RegularJoe said:

It's amazing to me how much less bulky and cumbersome the space suits are. I can only imagine some of the U2 guys look at those and thinking wishful thoughts. 

We want lighter weight suits and helmets, but those Space X ones look like shit to me. Plus, there’s no parachute harness, LPUs, helmet tie-down, survival stuff, or helmets that turn. I also want to see one rapid-D in the chamber to 70k’.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Years ago, David Clark changed the design of the torso harness (i.e. parachute harness), to make it a touch lighter.  The weight was irrelevant, but they removed all of the padding that made sitting in the suit so comfortable.  

The first time I wore my "new" harness was opening night of OIF on an 11+ hour sortie.  I was more uncomfortable after 3-4 hours in the new harness than I would have been after 12 in the old one.  

Another dumb idea made without consulting the end user.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Years ago, David Clark changed the design of the torso harness (i.e. parachute harness), to make it a touch lighter.  The weight was irrelevant, but they removed all of the padding that made sitting in the suit so comfortable.  

The first time I wore my "new" harness was opening night of OIF on an 11+ hour sortie.  I was more uncomfortable after 3-4 hours in the new harness than I would have been after 12 in the old one.  

Another dumb idea made without consulting the end user.  

I am a fan of the Starliner space suit though. The blue color looks futuristic and cool.

On 5/30/2020 at 11:14 PM, ImNotARobot said:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShadyImaginativeGrison-mobile.mp4

Different angle for the Falcon recovery landing. The video of that landing cut out while I was watching on nasa.gov. Sweet shot.

Talk about the proverbial “heaving postage stamp”. Holy crap.

This never gets old. 

• Like 2