Depth Perception Requirement for CSO?

I am currently a sophomore in high school, and recently began looking at the officer jobs the Air Force has to offer. I have recently set my sights on becoming an Air Force pilot, but I recently failed the depth perception test at my optometrist. After looking at my other options for aviation, I was recommended to look into becoming a CSO. However, I have been unable to find out whether or not this job also needs depth perception, because it is often lumped with the pilot position. Does anyone know if depth perception is required for this job, or know of a document that lists the medical requirements for each job? I know that Naval Flight Officers are not required to have depth perception, but I don't know if this is the case for the Air Force, because I believe requirements are more stringent. Any insight about this is helpful, because it may help decide whether or not the Air Force or the Navy is right for me. 

Don’t sell yourself short on the pilot opportunity. Depth Perception is not as simple as some test at the eye doctor. It isn’t a black and white, you have it or you don’t case. There are levels to how well your eyes are working together to form binocular depth and you may be at the level good enough for pilot which your civilian optometrist probably doesn’t know the standard for. And that doesn’t even start down the rabbit hole of waivers. Where there is a will there is a waiver.

If you search waiver guide on here you may be able to find a more recent link but this is what I got: 

https://www.wpafb.af.mil/Portals/60/documents/711/usafsam/USAF-Waiver-Guide-190417.pdf

I failed the initial test during my medical. Since I was already accepted into the program we did some different tests which worked out a hell of a lot better. Don’t quit now.

Oh and I still suck at the stupid circles during every PHA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Bode said:

I failed the initial test during my medical. Since I was already accepted into the program we did some different tests which worked out a hell of a lot better. Don’t quit now.

Oh and I still suck at the stupid circles during every PHA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my experience too. Failed it, did some more tests, then they threw Ben Franklins bifocals on, and bam they finally stuck out. Even with my flight glasses it still isn't easy to pick them out during PHA's. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had a waiver for depth perception as WSO.  Also, if your depth perception is due to mis-aligned eyes, i.e. strabismus, you may be able to get surgery to correct it.  I had it and didn't get the surgery until my mid-40s and yet my depth perception is almost in normal range despite 48 years of brain wiring. I just did the circle test for an annual physical and pre-surgery several years ago I could get 1 out of 9 correct and now I get 6 out of 9 correct.  If I had done it in my teens or 20s, results probably would have been a lot better.